It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National ID. There is still time to stop it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Folks, this is serious. There are only 48 hours left to stop congress from forcing everyone to carry a national ID card just like in Communist China. These national ID cards called REAL ID will lead to dead cops, dead judges,, and no protection for you! It will make identity theft easyer. The Senate has never even debated this act yet they plan on passing it. YOU will be required to carry one wherever you go. This will do nothing to stop terrorism but is a means to control and monitor the US population. This is where Osama wins, when the US starts to limit the freedom of its own Citizens. Want to know more about how bad REAL ID is? take a look here: www.unrealid.com...

There is still time for you to speak up and be heard and encourage your congressmen to vote against this nonsense.

//ed. to conform to ATS Terms//

[edit on 9-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Blood type, Religion, Occupation? Sure this can be rationalised but still.

Is this an example of what it could be, or is that the real thing?

To much info right there, is that all of it or is there another side...

Why the need for all this, and not just make an id, which pretty much has the same info as a state id?

[edit on 9-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If it were only possible, terapin.

I'm not sure of your religious beliefs, but this is the beginnings of the mark of the beast. It will start with this national ID. Once the crooks, aka government sponsored duplicators, start a black market for phony IDs, the next step is the implantable chip that some hospitals are already using for their patients.

The only question in my mind is how long will it take...

Understand, also, that these IDs are to have RFID chips in them. I'm sure everyone on ATS has heard of RFID. If you haven't, just go to Wal-Mart to see them for yourself. Look at the razors or DVDs. It is a white, square, paper sticker with a circuit on back.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have faxed my senator and am spreading the word about this site. WE MUST STOP THIS. This isn't the USSR.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's too late. Our 'representatives' in government will just blindly sign anything pushed infront of them and tomorrow it will be passed. In a couple of years we'll all have the RFID card and they'll be scanning us everytime we enter a grocery store, drive through a traffic light, tollbooth, carwash, gas station, you name it. Disagree with the government and you go on a list. Make enough noise and they'll come get you. The laws are in place, the card is just the last step.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I thought driver's licenses were already a form of national ID? Aren't social security cards another form of national ID also?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, if it past, you can bet there will be civil WAR!!!!! But i think it will pass, those people in charge are too greedy and don't know whats going on the world.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Im very suprised at the lack of attention this is getting on ATS and across the United States. I would think people would be up in arms about this. Obviously I am wrong. I am disapointed at you ATS.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
There are those of us who ARE up in arms, but I thought we get in trouble for all caps...

Soon will come the time when my wife and I will head for the hills. When they start "suggesting" that we get chipped, is when I high-tail it and get as many people join me as will...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
so what do you all think happens if one were to disable the tracking chip, or demagnatize it, etc.

I know Holograms wear off, you could wear it down.... but would we be required to get a new liscence if the tracking features were to be displaced? Would it be a crime to deactivate the tracking features?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross
I thought driver's licenses were already a form of national ID? Aren't social security cards another form of national ID also?

no...because...think about it like this...youre shown a license from idaho...do you know what it looks like?...ive already made it known my line of work...and i come across sh@tloads of fake id's...most people dont know what an ohio, georgia, etc license looks like...if we have 1 ID...then it'll be easier to spot a fake...most countries have a state ID on top of their passports...whats wrong with us having one?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, maybe the reason this isn't getting much press is because the US already has a de facto national ID system set up. As another poster stated, Drivers Licenses and Social Security Cards are pretty much required for just about anything you want to do here. And not carrying ID is a factor police can take into account when determining probable cause for an arrest. While I don't support the idea, I'd say we missed the boat on this one a long time ago.

-koji K.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
REAL ID = REAL BAD...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Want to know more about how bad REAL ID is? take a look here: www.unrealid.com...

What I'd really like is simple link to the text of the bill.

HR 418

It must be so scary, that the first website was afraid to even tell us what is actually in HR 418. So have a look.

edit* fixed link

[edit on 10-5-2005 by quango]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I live in Sweden, and here, we've had similar identification cards for years and years. Every citizen of Sweden receives a personal number when they're born, or when they've moved to Sweden.

With this personal number, you more or less identify yourself when taking loans, ordering things et cetera. All the personal numbers are stored in a central database, which only companies and government have access to. This way, a person is easily identifed with information such as: birthday, adress, telephone number, parents et cetera.

Our identification cards come with protection technology such as uv, holograms among other things to prevent forgery. Though, we don't have any RFID chips included and won't probably get any in a close future.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Don't be so sure Starlight, it's happening in France right now. Link to ATSNN

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I can understand why some people might be upset about the ID cards but I don't think that the problems listed on the site are valid. The ID card is not a credit card, there is no need for stores to swipe the ID card. It's just a form of ID. Probably the only people that would ever swipe it to retrieve information would be police.

When you use your Drivers license as an ID it's generally just so that someone can compare the name on the license to the name on the check or credit card. Most of the time you don't even have to take it out of your wallet.

I don't see how this ID card is any more problematic than having a social security card. As far as the mark of the beast is concerned, IMHO God is not going to punish people by some number that is given to them. What is important is what is in your heart and the way you live your life, not some random number given to you by the government.

Jemison

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Try again, Jemison. You've sadly underestimated the criminal element. Police and possibly banks are only ones INTENDED to scan this info.

As for the mark, these numbers won't be given. You will have to apply for them just like any other ID. This means that you are ACCEPTING this "mark". I guess I can see why the government is not concerned about repercussions. There aren't enough people who understand what is going to happen in the near future...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Try again, Jemison. You've sadly underestimated the criminal element. Police and possibly banks are only ones INTENDED to scan this info.

I've had a drivers license for 21 years. It has NEVER been scanned.

As for the mark, these numbers won't be given. You will have to apply for them just like any other ID. This means that you are ACCEPTING this "mark". I guess I can see why the government is not concerned about repercussions. There aren't enough people who understand what is going to happen in the near future...

People have to apply for things every day. They certainly have to apply for social security cards. How do you know that SS cards aren't the 'mark'?
What about phone numbers? Addresses?

You can be paranoid all day long about the mark of the beast, but IMHO, that gives it power and turns it into a self fulfilling prophecy. I don't give ANY credit to Satan. He is powerless over me. Everyone is entitled to their interpretation of the bible and their beliefs.

What makes you think that the National ID cards are the mark of the beast but Social Security cards aren't? Or will you just live in fear any time you apply for something and are given a number? Do you worry about your bank account number? Credit card numbers? Car registration?

Jemison

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
In the Bible it clearly states that the "Mark of the Beast" will be on the forehead or right hand. So until they consider putting something in one of those spots I wouldn't worry about it. It states this in Revalations 13:16

From KJV
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads

From NIV
He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead

And that was a good point BasementAddix, people don't know what other state licenses look like. I would be good to have a standard ID with the originating state listed on it.

[edit on 5/10/2005 by hatchedcross]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join