It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New DC Logo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Apparently they are changing their image. I just wanted to share with all the fans. What do you think? Like it?

The publisher of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman is getting a makeover: DC Comics, a division of Warner Brothers Entertainment, is unveiling a new logo. The new look will replace the flat, four-star bullet that has graced DC Comics covers since the mid-1970s. But the change is part face-lift and part marketing strategy.

The logotype is intended to brand DC Comics as a contender across all media, from comics and toys to television and film, as the company tries to compete with Marvel Comics, the publisher of Spider-Man and The Fantastic Four.

"We're talking about a multibillion-dollar brand," said Kevin Tsujihara, the Warner Brothers executive vice president for corporate business development and strategy, whose portfolio includes DC Comics. "There was a level of concern that we weren't fully utilizing the power of DC."

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The new logo is nice and all...but I don't think it has the same "impact" as the old one. It just looks kind of....hmm....kind of wussed out I guess. (imho)

Here is the old logo for comparrison (and because i like to post pics):

join