It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ORGANIZATIONS: Violence escalates involving animal right's activism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadlynightshade

Not that you'll read this link because you're biased already being on the opposite side of this argument.

LOL...And you're not biased?

So you're saying cosmetics and household chemicals are necessary?

The fact that these products are not necessary in the first place makes it a FACT that testing on animals is not necessary in those cases.
I'll admit in some cases animal testing maybe necessary, but most are not.
Many drugs have been tested on animals only to find when used on humans they have a different effect.
And if we really get to the root of this, how many drugs that the pharmaceutical industry push on the public are really necessary?
How many drugs sold to the public have been re-called because they cause problems? What good did the testing do there?
It's got nothing to do with protecting people, it's got whole lot to do with making money.
Got a headache? Try tea with lemon, not tested on animals and works a whole lot better. There are alternatives if you can be bothered to look, but I guess it's easier to just buy that drug that was tested on an animal.

If you want to wear eye liner test it on yourself.

[edit on 23/5/2005 by ANOK]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by deadlynightshade

Not that you'll read this link because you're biased already being on the opposite side of this argument.

LOL...And you're not biased?

So you're saying cosmetics and household chemicals are necessary?

The fact that these products are not necessary in the first place makes it a FACT that testing on animals is not necessary in those cases.
I'll admit in some cases animal testing maybe necessary, but most are not.
Many drugs have been tested on animals only to find when used on humans they have a different effect.
And if we really get to the root of this, how many drugs that the pharmaceutical industry push on the public are really necessary?
How many drugs sold to the public have been re-called because they cause problems? What good did the testing do there?
It's got nothing to do with protecting people, it's got whole lot to do with making money.
Got a headache? Try tea with lemon, not tested on animals and works a whole lot better. There are alternatives if you can be bothered to look, but I guess it's easier to just buy that drug that was tested on an animal.

If you want to wear eye liner test it on yourself.

[edit on 23/5/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
One of the problems with these kind of people is that they do not know what they are doing.

When I saw this news piece I remembered that I had read something about ALF "liberations" and after a litle search I found the site where I had read about it.

In 1998, two "liberations" carried out in mink farms, supposedly made by ALF, resulted in the killing of many innocent animals, some minks killed by cars, others by people trying to get rid of the feroucious little minks and many killed by the minks themselfs.

Marauding Minks

I do not like the idea of farms where they have thousands of animals just to make coats for people who do not need fur coats, but those "liberators" should know what they were doing, but apparently they did not.

<< 1  2   >>

join