Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Pentagon: China Gearing for Taiwan Attack

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
edit
Please do not copy-and-paste news articles.
Terms And Conditions Of Use Of The Message Board

You will not post any copyrighted material, material belonging to another person, nor link to any copyrighted material (with the exception of publicly available sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyrights have created to make that material freely available to the general public), unless that copyright is owned by you or by this website.

Pentagon: China Gearing for Taiwan Attack

[Edited on 31-7-2003 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
China are just such a greedy nation when it comes to land.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is very clever of China. The US are far too busy with Iraq, Afghanistan, Liberia, North Korea (ect ect ect).

And NATO/europe are far too busy with polishing their equipment for the next Airshow

On the othre hand I don't believe all those intelligence reports anymore, and China could be preparing for a possible conflict with NK...

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
China could be preparing for a possible conflict with NK...

Oh yeah, good point, I never thought of that. Well I hope China does decide to go to war with North Korea, because

1. I wanna see China's Military in action since I never have.

2. I'm tired of the U.S. going to war so damn much, let someone else do the dirty work for once. We need to work on our economy and fix ourselves first before we go and try to fix others.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think it's just propaganda from the Pentagon, China would not do that at this moment. Nobody would give US a reason to attack them. So I just don't believe it, they've lied before.

I think that most countries who sees themself as a posible target for US intervention are stepping up their militairy activities. Maybe the Pentagon suggest they want to invade Taiwan to alter the public opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
China is very capable of doing as it has done.
Propaganda....maybe. More like an elevation of hype though.
China doing this would not provoke a military response from the US. Perhaps a little diplomatic dialogue would most likely be the case.
China is also targeting Okinawa.
This is posturing on the part of China and it sends multiple "hidden" messages, mainly directed at Taiwan.
China has always seen Taiwan as part of her own territories.
China has also seen Taiwan as a thorn in the side and acts in direct violation of China's sovereignty. Sorta like the mouse in defiance of the elephant.
The UN has yet to recognize the national sovereignty of Taiwan.
This is another message that Chian is sending to Taiwan. They are continually raising the level of the warnings.
I agree with Zion's position. The US is far too stretched and is currently concentrating "eyes" elsewhere. This is an attempt by China to capitalize on this.
Personally, I really don't see a problem with it. Both the US and China know that any conflict will result in both sides losing out bigtime in a world that rests solely on economics.....thusly, both would obviously suffer greatly.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 31-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   
China has been "geared" for attack for the past half-century and that's as far as it goes. In practice, it's easier to deal economically with Taiwan than it is with HK and both sides need each other.
This is Western pressure and, I would say, part of a campaign to needle the Chinese into being readier to revalue the yuan or renminbi. The only threat China poses is economic -and that's a big threat.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i think it is easier to deal with HK economically than taiwan since taiwan manufactures most of the world's computer equipment.

China vs Taiwan = Toys,chairs,tables,appliances etc... vs computers

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
actually, I have found China to make more and more computer and technology related goods. In the 80's Japan had quite a lock on that sort of stuff it seemed and we all know how well their economy is doing.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
You'd be staggered at how much IT stuff and general domestic electronics is turned out in China (what is perhaps missed is that the home market is so vast now that domestic demand consumes most of it - but that's demand denied to foreign exporters). It's the same with cars.
I should have been clearer and pointed out that it is easier for a company in the PRC (very often) to deal with Taiwan than it is for the same company to deal with HK.
And I must emphasise that it's not really a case of two diffeent countries but rather of two countries each claiming to be the "real"China:as any visitor to Taipei ( a dreary place) will know the Taiwanese -while quieter now that the KMT is largely a thing of the past - are strident in asserting that they are "Chinese".

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i keep tellin ya people! you all are probally gonna be around when the 3rd world war starts! itll be just like WWII but bigger and will probally have alot more nations invloved!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Now what US must do is to let Taiwan go.. its a lots cause anyway..
It will be part of "greater China" some day anyhow.. so..

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Try to figure out why China has built a super highway kind of thing through the mountains and out into the Iran ,afghanistan region,and then try to figure out why they won't let anyone use it,according to some sources,it actually exists.
You can probably find images on terraserver.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Maybe they will use it to supply Iran with weapons if US invades Iran..
and men.. weapons and men.. massive US defeat on its way..
On the super highway..

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
weapons and men.. massive US defeat on its way..
posted by FULCRUM

You need to watch what you say kid. Do you do anything except post on here all day???

You do nothing but hijack peoples thread into bull# anti- americanism...

[Edited on 29-8-2003 by goregrinder]

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
China would do anything to jepordize the almighty US dollar it so depends upon. So, I highly doubt it will do anything but maybe discreet, minimal aid to Iran when the time comes. They might posture a bit.......but when it comes down to it, to lose US economic aid.....they cant afford that right now...................

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Maybe they will use it to supply Iran with weapons if US invades Iran..
and men.. weapons and men.. massive US defeat on its way..
On the super highway..

i think we should invade finland so you can shut the hell up. your military would get ripped a new asshole if we took you guys on. and remember if the russians go communist again, have fun under ocupation if they decide to push west. just dont come bitching to us
just a little something to think about.

new topics

top topics

join