It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 pt Voting on submissions not tallied to my account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been asked before. I surfed 2 pages of the help posts and found nothing.

I've been running around for about 2 weeks now, voting on as many of the ATSNN news submissions as I could. I wanted some extra points so that I could purchase some upgrades and wanted to contribute to the community.

What I've noticed is that the extra points are not being added
I believe I'm doing this right, as a little pop up comes on saying "Thank you for voting, 5 points have been added," or some such thing.

Any ideas?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think the 5 point incentive program was cut a few weeks ago.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yes the point incentive for ATSNN voting has been discontinued.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Ahh, okay! Thank you!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If you really want to contribute to the community and you need points, why not submit a news article. If it gets upgraded you get 250 pts. Keep that up and pretty soon you'll need to open a Swiss bank account to keep them all in.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
wecomeinpeace makes an excellent point. Not only will you get 250 points if your story is accepted, you will have the satisfaction knowing you have contributed something of value to ATSNN.

I hope you plan to continue voting for ATSNN submissions, though

In fact, everyone should try to vote as often as they can. Some of these stories languish from lack of votes.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Right. Terroranalysis has cooled off a little lately as far as the number of people voting, I sense. Perhpas it's time to consider changing the number of votes required for an upgrade back to 10.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, I vote, course, over 60,000 points not all to worried about 5 here or there. Oh well, but they did cancel it.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
If you really want to contribute to the community and you need points, why not submit a news article. If it gets upgraded you get 250 pts. Keep that up and pretty soon you'll need to open a Swiss bank account to keep them all in.

To be honest, I don't feel confident enough to submit a news article. I submitted one once and it needed a few edits. I felt that I could better serve the community by commenting on the news articles submitted. I'm not being critical here, I'm just being honest.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If at first you don't succeed....pack it in??? I hope the General doesn't get wind of this.

new topics

top topics

join