It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq - Bunker in the green zone - Parliament vote cabinet - Photo - Allawi dead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
AP - Sun May 8, 8:00 AM ET Iraqi members of the parliament raise their hands as approval to the appointment of the final six cabinet posts that had remained empty since a partial cabinet was sworn in, during the National Assembly meeting in Baghdad, Iraq, Sunday, May 2005. (AP Photo/Sabah Arar)

story.news.yahoo.com.../050508/481/bag11105081200

BTW, prime minister Allawi was shot three weeks ago. Probably dead.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
there are reports out now that he may be dead.

He has dissapeared off the media....

Oh how i hope to god his dead, from the bottom of my heart!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Oh how i hope to god his dead, from the bottom of my heart!

You HOPE he is dead? Your kidding right? What kind of sick person are you?

I cant believe some people on these boards...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Allwai is no saint, I can see how someone would want him dead, especially someone who favors the insurgents.
To them he a a Quisling, a puppet of a invading power.

[edit on 5/9/05 by xmotex]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Allawi has been shot? By who? Do you have a source for this?

I found this, dated April 21:

Allawi survives attempt
Another Islamic group, this one linked to the most wanted man in Iraq, claimed responsibility Thursday for an assassination attempt against interim Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi.

Allawi was not injured in the assassination attempt Wednesday night, but several guards and police officers were killed when a car bomb exploded at a checkpoint, said Thair al-Naqib, a spokesman for the interim prime minister.

Allawi

[edit on 9-5-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't think Allawi is dead.
He survived the April 20th assassination attempt.

www.wral.com...

The U.S. military said it had conducted several raids Sunday in and around Baghdad, detaining 13 suspected insurgents, some armed with rocket-propelled grenades.

Two of the suspects were captured in a raid aimed at the leader of a terror cell believed to have plotted an April 20 assassination attempt against former Prime Minister Ayad Allawi, the military said. Allawi was unhurt, but at least one policeman was killed and two wounded by a suicide car bomb.

EDIT:
Jsobecky posted it before me.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Allawi is not dead, well as far as I know, there was a confirmed attempt on his life, (see the two posts above )which he survived. There has been no further news "anywhere" on Allawi being injured or killed again in recent days.

You're probably not hearing much about Allawi right now, because current prime minister to be Al-Jafaari is trying to exclude him and his party from the new govt.

join