It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does no one care about white slavery?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Is it because the mainstream media doesn't talk about it? Is it because of whose involved? What is it???

In case you have no idea what this is, white slavery is a trade in which women and girls are either kidnapped, tricked into, or willingly submit to, uh, basically slavery with a prostitution tilt. They ship them from various countries and basically use them as sex slaves.

Do people avoid it because of some key players involved, such as Dyncorp and Israel? Is it because key people here in the US are involved in similar sexual child abuse? What's the dilly, yo?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Truthseeka--I've asked myself that a million times. Everytime a group of young slave girls are accidently uncovered, the media covers the it in the local news for a day or two and it goes away. Why in the f--- doesn't it scream from every evening new outlet in the country or world. Why don't they drive us insame with it like they did with the run away bride or Michael Jackson's bulls---. I just don't know.

This friggin Christianity that can throw people out of it's churches for being from the wrong political party doesn't get involved. The Catholic Church certailnly doesn't--they'd have to look at themselves.

I don't know man. Just hide your kids.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I feel you, Kazi.

Come to think of it, Michael shouldn't even be on trial! Those Catholic priests shouldn't have been exposed either! I mean, if Dyncorp has absolutely NOTHING done to them for being involved in the trafficking of thousands of women and girls, why should these men be punished for abusing far less little boys?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
For those who "willingly" went into it...hardly a case there...

However, for those who were kidnapped, etc., then yep, it certainly should be a bigger issue...but then, nobody really cares about whitey...

It's an out of sight, and therefore out of mind, issue for the West.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
As an aside, in Chechnya a large number of Russians were enslaved in the 1990s. Some of them have been freed only recently. We didn't see much of that in the US media here.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We won't see it in American media because they will have to look at our 2.2 Million Prisoners, which are required to do work...essentially slave labor.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Do people avoid it because of some key players involved, such as Dyncorp and Israel?

This being ATS and all, what's your proof?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
We won't see it in American media because they will have to look at our 2.2 Million Prisoners, which are required to do work...essentially slave labor.

...and your problem with prisoners having to work is....

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

that isnt slave labour that is paying a debt to society, they DID break the law after all.

every now and again we(aussies) get some news or some 5 minute interview on 60 mins about illegal immigrant sex slaves etc, but nothing more than that.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That is very upsetting. I never heard of such. What can we do? It's not ok. No slavery is ok by me. Poor girls and women. They deserve to be treated with respect, and love. Women are kind and caring creatures by nature. They only become cold and mean after society makes mistakes, mainly bad men.
I believe men become what society molds them to be as well. The best parents in the world can have children that show horrible traits due to other mean children at school, a bad teacher, and even family members.
Somebody needs to do something to help these ladies, the ones that want help that is. I realize some want this type of lifestyle...but most want out.
But we are no match for such huge cooperations. What can we do?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Do people avoid it because of some key players involved, such as Dyncorp and Israel? Is it because key people here in the US are involved in similar sexual child abuse? What's the dilly, yo?

It has nothing to do with DynCorp, maybe Israel...I don't know.

Sex trafficing of women is a big business especially in Asian countries.
Japan, Thailand, Korea, Philippines, China, Hong Kong and many more all have russian women shipped over with hopes and ambitions of working at bars and clubs, little do they know....sex is in the contract. Ive been to all them countries and the one thing they have in common is Russian women.
It's disgusting...seeing old man with little girls 13 and 14. Most of the time I saw American and British men with them...mostly British. They go over there for one thing....sex with kids. Some even retire there where they can live out there sick, disgusting lifestlyes making there minimum wage American and British money go far.....that's why.

Many know about it and chose it as thier lifestyle, so be it...if they wanna be a skank and they're over 18....I don't care. It's the younger ones I care about...the ones under 18 who are often sold and traded into sex slavery against thier will....hell they're kids they and it pisses me off

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

look at our 2.2 Million Prisoners, which are required to do work...essentially slave labor

What, are you crazy??? that's letting them off easy if you ask me.
And for the record...they do get paid. Sometimes 50 cents a day...if that.

And most of them like the work, it gives them a chance to get out of the cell fo awhile and also depending on the work, they learn a trade for when they get out. Totally not slave labor!!!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

That's a load of crap. US Prisoners, especially in CA, have got it easy. Free meals, free education, free healthcare, free dental, free fitness programs - no wonder there are so many repeat offenders, they have no reason to reform. More prisons should be run like tent city in AZ. But that rant is off subject...

I don't know about other countries, but in the US you will not hear about White slavery because of all the PC bull#@!* that is rampant in our nation. In our society today the media turns a blind eye to anything that happens to white people. They would rather condemn police officers for shooting a minority person who steals a car and tries to run people down than discuss a real problem like women being kidnapped and forced into prostitution. Maybe I'm just jaded because I live in CA and have a kid in the LAUSD.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This site provides good details about white slavery in america.

www.geocities.com/americanterrorism

The existence of White slavery in America is one of the most little-known facts of American history. Initially, colonial America was built with the blood, sweat and tears of White slaves to a far greater extent than Black slaves. In fact, America’s first slaves were White people.

It’s estimated that fully one-half to two-thirds of all White “immigrants” to colonial America in the 17th and 18th centuries were actually slaves who had been brought against their will. They were known by the euphemism of “indentured servants”, but in reality a great many of these people were true slaves. Their servitude was for life, and their children were forced to be slaves as well.

Virtually all of the White slaves were brought from Scotland, Ireland and the impoverished working classes of England. They were both Protestant and Catholic, victims of religious wars and the inhuman greed of the English aristocracy. It was routine for the utterly corrupt and class-prejudiced English courts to justify the forced exile of their victims to the colonies by falsely labeling them as “criminals”. This charade eased the guilty consciences of the true criminals while they made money off kidnapping and the sale of stolen human labor.

If the White slaves survived the hellish voyage across the Atlantic and arrived in the new hell, otherwise known as the “New World”, they were auctioned on the block just like Black slaves. White slave children were often sold and separated from their parents and White slave women were sold and separated from their husbands.

A great many White slaves were forced to work under cruel and demeaning conditions. The Virginia Colony prescribed “bodily punishment for not heeding the commands of the master.” Half of the White slaves died within the first two years after their arrival in the American colonies.

Unsurprisingly, it was common for White slaves to run away — only to be hunted down and returned to their evil masters and mistresses. To help identify runaways, the courts in Virginia demanded that everyone have identification and travel papers. White slaves had no rights whatsoever and could be beaten and cruelly abused with impunity.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
good post siter. the only differance between white and black slaves at that time was that eventualy "white slaves" would gain their freedom. we must remember that many were shipped to america due to being criminals. sometimes for as little as stealing bread to survive.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
No one cares about black slavery either. Hundreds of
thousands of black people in Africa are slaves to other
black people.

I have never understood why the world is silent about
it. We went nutz over aparthide. But every time Africa
whines that it wants 'reparations' from the West for
slavery, I don't understand why the West doesn't point
out that Africa has a big slave trade STILL in place and
it is doing nothing to stop it. (that, and the fact that
African's sold other Africans into slavery to the west and
thus Africa should receive no 'reparations' since it made
a profit from the slave trade)

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
how about you pay repartations to the dissedents of the slave trade, and to the families you tore apart, the ones in africa, and the ones in america.

And while your at it, do so for the white slaves also.

It won't make things right, but then can anything? all we can do is try.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It won't make things right, but then can anything? all we can do is try.

For once I agree with you...to a point.

Monetary payback is not good....they should have to work for everything they have just like we do...Im not a favor of handouts.

However, we can try to make things better by educating people on the negatives of slavery and racism....it starts with kids.

We can do our part as a nation and as people to help dissolve slavery, sex trades and try to rebuild what American slavery of blacks has tore apart. It will take awhile, but it's a start.

Giving money will not "mend the mental anguish" of thier ancestors being slaves....hell even my ancestors were slaves, I dont want an apology or maoney, I want an oppurtunity to make what I can on my own...and I have that.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
"However, we can try to make things better by educating people on the negatives of slavery and racism....it starts with kids. "

That's not enough.

You may not want justice, but others do. And you don't speak for all of them.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
By what definition do you use the word justice to describe giving money to people who didn't earn it? General handouts to a generation of people who never actually lived with slavery and barely had to live with segregation is NOT justice. Justice is ending affirmitive action and welfare and making people work for a living. Help the ones who NEED it and kick everyone else in the ass. The youth today need to be educated. More importantly they need to be inspired by their parents to WANT to learn and MAKE something out of themselves. Instead of wandering around yelling about how they deserve a handout because their long dead ancestors were slaves.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join