It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinion on the new xbox. xbox 360

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The XBOX 360 has:
"Processor / CPU
Three IBM-developed 65nm 64-bit chips @ 3.5GHz+ each. (as used in Apple G5's)
Two cores for each processor, each of which can run two processes in parallel, creating, in effect, 12 processors.

Possibly based on either:

IBM G5 PowerPC Processor OR
New IBM PowerPC Processor

Video / Graphics
ATI or Nvidia Processor.
Clocking in at 500MHz+
Up to 512MB Samsung GDDR2 SDRAM running at 1600MHz.
HDTV support for resolutions up to 1920x1080.
DirectX 10 Support.
~300 Million Transistors on VPU.
Vertex & Pixel Shaders 3.0

Sound / Audio
Dolby Digital 7.1
1024 channel audio
256 3D channel audio
24-bit (DVD quality) audio

Storage / Memory
512MB System RAM
Dual Layer DVD (9.4GB)
Possibly no Blu-Ray or HD-DVD.
Hard-drive (optional)

Input / Output
4 x Wireless Controllers
1 x Firewire
1 x 10/100mpbs Ethernet Connection
1 x HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) output
1 x Optical out (Digital Audio)

So what do you guys thing?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So instead of say the Golden Record on Voyager, are suggesting that NASA put the new Xbox on the next deep space probe?

You may want to have place this in the video game forum on BTS.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I cant wait till the new XBOX comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
seems like its gonna be very valuable to space exploration!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

So instead of say the Golden Record on Voyager, are suggesting that NASA put the new Xbox on the next deep space probe?

Brilliant!!! Couldnt have said it better myself!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The Dual Core 3ple CPU architecture had me thinking.

In games the GPU has the biggest workload and is by far the biggest limiter in both framerate and graphics complexity.

Only when using SLI setups for graphics does the CPU power come into play again. But then again, framerates between top of the line single 64-bit systems and Dual CPU 64-bit systems don't differ to much anyway.

So my guess goes out that with a 3ple CPU dual core setup, MS is making the new XBOX's purpouse less about gaming and more about being a single formfactor cheap multimedia and workstation station.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It does look spacey though.

Words to not make this a one-line thread:

Apple.

Gorilla.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
From what you have provided as hardware details, that thing sounds so rediculously crazy, no way playstation can match those numbers. All hail the king baby, Xbox. Cant wait for the real life looking halo 3.

Train

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
agree with bigtrain sony got their work cut out on the ps3 anyone know anything about the release date

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
sry about 1 line reply.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think the xbox looks fricken awesome!!! The PS3 might be better because they said this thing has the power of a G5, but the PS3 cell technology is gunna make it faster than a lot of computers. Both seem pretty good for wifi......I'll say whos better when they both come out

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Is it true that this Xbox 360 has no hard drive? Do you really have to buy a memory card now? That sucks..

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by croatianguy
Is it true that this Xbox 360 has no hard drive? Do you really have to buy a memory card now? That sucks..

I agree with you, one of the reasons I loved xbox so much was because I didnt need some damn memory card. I hope its not true.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
only 3 things matter to me with new systems the price,the games, and if it has backwards compatability and so far I haven't heard anything on games or backward compatability for the xbox 360

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

I agree with you, one of the reasons I loved xbox so much was because I didnt need some damn memory card. I hope its not true.

It will originally sell with a 20 gb hard drive, its removable as well, to make ease out of bringing your saved games to a freinds house, plus you get to bring your music with ya. Overtime they will have addons, like replace it with a 40gb, 60gb, and 80gb.
It will also have two 64 mb memory cards.

I think the 360 looks great!

BTW, it will have 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each, not 3.5 as previously stated.

This 5 minute video should wet your appetite.
msxb.wmod.llnwd.net...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
in my opinion you can forget about all that (just kidding) i love the removable face plate. YES finally my xbox can be different from my friends YES

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Sounds like a mean lean macine.

However, I'm not terribly impressesed with the design, oh, don't get me wrong, it looks better than the origional one. I just would've thought that Microsoft would be able to afford shelling out a few shillings for a designer (the fellow that reinvented the apple macs springs to mind).

I saw an Xbox 360 promo video (with all the drones from microsoft acting like children and trying to be "cool") and you should've seen one of the design team going WILD about the big green power button on the front.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I agree, have Xbox power the spaceship.

How much?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Considering that Microsoft has been loosing money on every Xbox sale because of the actual cost of the device versus the acceptable selling price, I see this systems release as a very crucial point for MS. If they cant cut back the production costs they may start running farther into the red than before with the Xbox. This may very well make or break them in the gaming market, all depending on how Sony fares with the Q4 release of the PS3, which given Sony's leap in technology and power between the origianl PS and PS2 should be an impressive next step to say the least.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Looks like there is either a shipping option of a 20gig detachable hard drive, which will be upgradable. It will have a big push for xbox live with it, and, for that reason, a hard drive is indespensable. They are even planning downloadable games through xbox live.

The biggest question is price. If they can release it at $299, they will capture the market share. Heck, I may even buy one sooner rather than later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join