It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Member's Perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hello ATS visitors,

I have frequently visited ATS in the last few months but have posted little. I have sat back and read thread after thread observing the multitude of discussions which take place. Much of them are very informative, others tend to be ego battles between those left and those right of center, which usually resolve little except to advance the ego of the person who posts the most wounding rebuttle. It's all very intense around here at times.

But, being one lone human on a planet that can barely sustain its 6 billion inhabitants, it's easy to see how quickly people get lost in the shuffle here. So I am going to just say what I think (at this current moment in time anyway).

Since I was about 6 years old I have been reading about every type of phenomenon that has been observed on the planet. It started with books about BIGFOOT and THE LOCH NESS MONSTER and evolved from there to my current reading regime which has included David Icke, the DULCE and MOHAVE FILES, GRAHAM HANCOCK and various other books and streams of information (masonry, Illuminati, NWO ect). The one thing I can say is that there are no proven answers anywhere to be found. I catch myself believeing alot of what I read, but I have a hard time swallowing a great deal of it.

In my life I have been fortunate enough to see both what some would call paranormal, or ghostly, phenommenon and I have also been witness to some interesting UFO sightings as well. Maybe it's because I tend to keep the mantra that - anything is possible- alive and well in my belief structure, that I have seen so many things, others would say that I hadn't seen these things and that it was something more rational. I can only disagree. But I do question everything, endlessly. My belief structures change on a daily basis, and it can be tiring, but I find it more exciting than anything most of the time. However, I unlike many people who post on here can NOT say whether any of this stuff is true or not. My intuition tends to be my best guide, and I'll leave it at that.

One thing I need to mention is something that I heard recently (maybe the documentary -THE CORPORATION- not sure) but it basically stated this:

All sytems on this planet are in a state of decline. These include the atmosphere, biosphere, ecosphere and every other biological system on planet Earth.

I guess that freaked me out a bit - EVERYTHING. That's pretty comprehensive. Needless to say, something IS wrong on the planet, very wrong. I am sure that many of you'd agree with me. I guess my question to members here on ATS is what can we do about it? If there are people at the top pulling the strings (ok, I believe it) so what? What can we do... What do some of you do personally, I am interested to know, for I have no answer for this question and would be open to be a part of a group or action that wants to make change (non-violently of course).

OK, sorry for the long post - just wanted to make a good one. There are a lot of problems in this world, what are people around here doing about it?

Discuss

(if you read this post in its entirety - thanks for hearing me through)

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
No problem man. Just keep looking, the proof you are seeking may present itself to you.

Well, I'm thinking of going to some sort of alternative fuel source myself for my home and auto.

Troy

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
While we are becoming more technologically efficient and are polluting less (in the Western Nations), you seem to be very pessimistic.

I suggest you read articles other than those that simply feed your paranoia. There are many people and organizations that make a living by perpetuating these feelings of angst.

As far as wha tare "we" doing to save ourselves, my question is, how are you leading the way? Is yor thermostat turned up in the summer and own in the winter, etc? That's a good start. Conservatism is a very good way to begin!

Good luck in your quest for knowledge.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   

While we are becoming more technologically efficient and are polluting less (in the Western Nations), you seem to be very pessimistic.

I agree that much is being done... but not quickly enough. There are technologies out there that would greatly reduce the enviromental impact, but there is no infrastructure to support them. Oil on the other hand tends to be the most well entrenched resource, and I don't see its usage being stopped until the prices make it no longer feasable to do so.

Turning my thermostat up or down is not going to stop millions of others from not doing so, yet I do try to be as energy effecient as possible. However even if everyone did this I highly doubt it'd be enough. I think radical changes are needed. But hey, what do I know - I live in my parents basement after all!

Keep 'er comin' folks....

[edit on 9-5-2005 by robinm]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You are living with other people in the house. Were you to move out and get a place of your own you would be contributing to the overuse of our resources
. Setting up a solar panel, bank of batteries and an inverter to power your computer would reduce energy consumption, although the battery disposal after their useful life is gone might negate that plan. Lots of stuff to consider.
I personally like the use of hand (non-power) tools to do yard work and wood working. Quieter, serene :soothing music plays: and gives good exercise.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The Mother's planet is indeed in trouble and has been, but now it is affecting the weather and we are all so vulnerable to wicked weather....
What I do is as follows, just a ripple in the stream.

1. Bought a large acreage with lots of trees and an old house so that no clear cutting had to be done for me to have a home.I will not allow any of my jungles to be cut down, it just grows free to provide more oxygen.
2.-I open windows and run a small fan, as AC is one of the most harmful ozone depleters.
3.- Use heat very sparingly, and it is electric.
4.- Have an older auto which is not a gas guzzler nor a pollute-mobile. Plus I can pick up folks I like..LOL

So, big deal?? I am just one person, but we are all just 1.One at a time..

PS--I am getting sorely afraid of how bad the last 2 years of weather has been where I am....

[edit on 9-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

new topics

top topics

join