It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much longer are we going to be lied to ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just more proof that the "war on terror" is nothing but a lie to cover up for the pursuit of power and greed...

www.michaelmoore.com...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I agree the war on terror is bogus...

But there are tons of articles about this on non-bias sites. Anything linked from michael moore's site is going to be ignored by bush supporters.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
And just what is wrong with power and greed?

America hs been founded on it. Its been the driving force for the last 200 years. its whats made us great.

We need to celebrate it and honour it as a worthy endevour in our society. Your very economic existance is based on it as is your entire social structure.

Only a weak people are afraid of power and greed the strong embrace it and mould it to their own uses.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Look Patriot,

Just take your lies and shut up. Don't you DARE question the WOT! You KNOW it feels good being lied to, don't deny it. Everybody likes govt lies, and the bigger the better...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think the point is "when are we going to be strong enough to stop these people from using us for their own gain?"

Also, I remember you spoke of morality in your 4th or 5th introduction thread, saying that we must become more moral. Wouldn't morality dictate that the "powerful and greedy" help the less fortunate instead of exploiting them?

Those are probably the original points brought up.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralDilemma
And just what is wrong with power and greed?

America hs been founded on it. Its been the driving force for the last 200 years. its whats made us great.

We need to celebrate it and honour it as a worthy endevour in our society. Your very economic existance is based on it as is your entire social structure.

Only a weak people are afraid of power and greed the strong embrace it and mould it to their own uses.

I'm not sure if you are tounge in cheek, GeneralDilemma, but either way, I like your style... its how i would be if i could get over these stupid morals and ethics that keep dragging me down.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I have a feeling Dillemma wants to draw out of us what it means to be moral and why specifically this might be wrong. I think it's a form of reverse pyschology, with a little truth dabbled in.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You have been raised in a society that praises power and rewards greed. To reject it now is to turn your back on the greatest motive power that our society has harnessed.

America would still be a primitive backwater full of gardeners and nancies like England has become if we didn't embrace greed and power.

If you want to live outside of its influence you better go to a small 3rd world nation like France and hide there.

Real men embrace power, real men incorporate greed into their schemas. .

Only the weak and the frightened flee from it. Only the self imposed mental victims are afraid.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by GeneralDilemma]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I have a feeling Dillemma wants to draw out of us what it means to be moral and why specifically this might be wrong. I think it's a form of reverse pyschology, with a little truth dabbled in.

I find that 95% or so of disscusions and debates on ATS and around the world in general often have little to do with reality. Ethics are a great thing to contemplate, but in the end, leaders, for thousands of years have led people around with fake reasons and fake wars our of greed.

Human nature is human nature. Despite all the talking on ATS and elses where, it never changes, at best we get breaks now and then where things at least seem good.

People have been talking about conspiracies like the ethereal idea of a war on terror for hundreds of years... it doesn't stop them from happening.

This is why the General's post are good, they are simple and militant and anything less than that never really changes much in the end.

A smart man made the gun, but a willing man picked it up.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Jamuhn.... I'm glad to see you are showing intelligence and basic human dignity here.....

truthseeka... not really sure how to take you, as being serious or joking ?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
LOL! And your main source of back-up and proof that the conservative government is "lying" is coming from a guy that made millions by LYING!?

This is one for the ages..lmao..

-mike

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The true worth of a man is how he handles absolute power. Greed is just a form of selfishness, maybe even a synonym. And I don't think there is a person here who isn't selfish, at least, they want to do what's best for them. Many a time, what's best for an individual will be rebelling against the corrupt power and greed of another. If only the US would practice free market economics, you would see more equality among people. Too much government regulation means that those in power favor those who have the most money to influence the powerful.

The question is what can YOU do to get your own piece of the pie? Trust me, when power and money become too centralized, the people will fight back, but right now, people are generally happy with their lives despite all the lies. But it sure does keep you on edge, doesn't it?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Bravo Quest you understand reality. A smart man made it, a willing man used it, and a frightened and weak man is the victim. There is no other way. Liberals espouse a viewpoint that is at odds with nature, the strong do not compromise. The strong rule.

Only victims whine because they are hurt.

Originally posted by Quest

A smart man made the gun, but a willing man picked it up.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Greeks and Romans... The greeks invented so much art, culture, science, math and various weapons like greek fire. But it was the romans, a hive mind of soldiers that made the greeks thier slaves. No matter what is "right" or "wrong" the Romans ruled half the known world for a thousand years through great emperors and stark raving mad ones.

Some times we need to keep this in mind when talking about wars for fake reasons. Even if we don't like that it is happening, it WILL happen.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My friend just beause we may not know the real reason for war does not mean it is wrong.

I am sure patriot will squeal if his petrol prices rise and he can't drive his SUV.
Or his economy crashes when the oil barons try to blackmail America and he loses his job.
Or inflation and a falling dollar stops him from enjoying a holiday overseas.

Then all pansy whiniing will go out the window. Power is either weilded FOR you or AGAINST you. You choose...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriot36
Jamuhn.... I'm glad to see you are showing intelligence and basic human dignity here.....

truthseeka... not really sure how to take you, as being serious or joking ?

Yeah, I'm bull#tin'.

I just got fed up seeing how many people buy this crap, even on this site. Imagine my surprise that so many reject "conspiracy theories" on a popular "conspiracy" site. So, for the most part, I'm through posting well thought out posts with links and actual info that exposes this fraud. I've always been sarcastic, so that's what you now see on my posts.

Unless General is an elitist, he's not doing the best thing by going along with this. The big picture eludes so many, and I am no exception. So, I said whatever, and you know what, posting here is a lot more fun now! Some of the # I see posted here is priceless, so why not add to the madness?

And yes, only good Americans like being lied to. If you don't like the lies, Patriot, you must be with Al-Qaeda...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
General..... lol lol lol

1. I dont own an SUV

2. Rising gas prices would actually help my industry slightly (cable tv)
more people staying at home

3. I wouldnt travel overseas now even if it was all expenses paid.

keep on assuming you know everything

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Truth seeka ... im not with al queda.... im with al bundy

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Patriot36]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Patriot36

Ok, so the war on terror is fake.

What are you going to do about it? Aside from telling a bunch of people who already know, don't care, or won't listen.

I think that is why the general said you were whining. You proposed no solution, or even meaning to the fact that the war on terror is mostly a bogus idea.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My fellow Americans

Absent any divine or legal intervention, we can look forward to a continuation of the lies that we love for 1352 days, 10 hours and 27 minutes.

God Bless America.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join