It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can we expect a "star wars" TV series soon??? MAYBE!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
link...

SKYWALKER RANCH, California -- Though the blockbuster space epic "Star Wars" is about to unveil its final episode on the big screen, the force may be around a while longer -- on TV.

"Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" opens in theaters May 19 to complete the saga begun back in 1977, but creator George Lucas says he is plotting two new TV series based on his popular mythology. Neither project's definite.

"We're going to do an animated TV series -- which we've done some testing on with the Cartoon Network -- called 'Clone Wars,'" Lucas told the Toronto Sun in an interview at Skywalker Ranch, his lavish 2,000-acre retreat in the hills of Marin County north of San Francisco.

"We're also going to do a live action show," Lucas said, explaining it would be modeled on the approach he took with the TV series "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles."

a "star wars" TV series???

hopefully...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
well there was a cartoon already "droids" i think the name was. i belive there was also a seconed cartoon can't remember the name tho. i forgot about thenewist cartoon but it is only 15 min shorts and a bit confuseing.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by drogo]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I posted something about this here.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
wow they should call it

THE SEARCH FOR MORE MONEY*

*spaceballs joke

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
well there was a cartoon already "droids" i think the name was. i belive there was also a seconed cartoon can't remember the name tho. i forgot about thenewist cartoon but it is only 15 min shorts and a bit confuseing.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by drogo]

yeah...

it was a cartoon on cartoon network...

it was like 5 minutes a piece...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Nice way to go about messing up a good film saga some people will say. Me personally will have to wait and see it I liked the indi chronicles so if there anything like that then it's all good.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
wow they should call it

THE SEARCH FOR MORE MONEY*

*spaceballs joke

Well said, what else does he have to prove with this series? Lets leave it at that. I heard of possibilites of Episodes VII-IX.. I would be open to that possibly but not a tv show.

*spaceballs joke

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the Star Wars Christmas Special? Oh man, Keep Lucas far away from doing a TV show... :shk:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Um...did everyone forget about the awful "Ewoks" mini-series????

If so, you can certainly be forgiven...as I (a HUGE Star Wars fan) would like to be able to forget it, hehe....

Something focusing on young Jedi set around the time of the prequel would be pretty interesting though.... Or covering the events during the Shadows of the Empire timeframe (between Empire and RoTJ)

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
E-E-E-E-EEEEEEwoks

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The tv series possibility came out shortly after the last movie. It will actually follow a group of rebel pilots and may or may not have walk-on roles of some of the secondary characters from the movies. You should be able to get all the info from any of the major SW sites.

Furthermore, here are a list of other notible developments:

Saturday morning cartoon, tv series, the original three films are being reworked into 3D movies for a 2007 re-release. The most interesting thing going on with the franchise is that Hasbro bought the exclusive licence to produce all SW toys until 2018. That right there should tell you that they are going to continue to pump out 'elaborate commercials' in order to make more toys as the merchendise is where the real money is.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxic Fox
Does anyone remember the Star Wars Christmas Special? Oh man, Keep Lucas far away from doing a TV show... :shk:

I actually own a bootleg of this. However bad the rumors that you've hear are, it can't compare to the horror of actually watching it. Even if you are an obsessive collector (as I am) don't go out of your way to find this. You will wish you hadn't bothered. :bnghd:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The boba fett appearance on that wasn't too bad. The Wookie holiday stuff was hard to watch though

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
The boba fett appearance on that wasn't too bad.

Wasn't he riding a dinosaur or something of the like? Perhaps my memory is hazy, but I don't think they even really tryed to make it look like an alien creature.

I've got one word for you: Lumpy!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think they were in a swamp and Boba was on something that looked like a long neck dino. I think he had a spear too. I used to have a copy on my computer a couple years ago. I wanted to get it because it was the first appearance of boba fett.
It had that funky 70's style animation.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Um...did everyone forget about the awful "Ewoks" mini-series????

If so, you can certainly be forgiven...as I (a HUGE Star Wars fan) would like to be able to forget it, hehe....

Something focusing on young Jedi set around the time of the prequel would be pretty interesting though.... Or covering the events during the Shadows of the Empire timeframe (between Empire and RoTJ)

You must not be much of a Star Wars fan if you want to forget something that's a part of Star Wars...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not true!

Just like Highlander fans would like to forget the second movie ever existed....

Saturday morning cartoon, tv series, the original three films are being reworked into 3D movies for a 2007 re-release

Yep, heard about this...apparently they are trying to develop some kind of new format, but the projectors cost WAY too much to be viable for most theater owners, especially those who've already upgraded to digital. I think James Cameron was one of the ones involved too...(with the process, not the 3D Star Wars).... Guess we'll see.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Not true!

Just like Highlander fans would like to forget the second movie ever existed....

Whatever makes you happy.

Star Wars Is My Life.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If they do they should get the guys that developed the Knights of the Old Republic 2 game to do it.

It had non of the crap that was in the first three eposides that is:

It does not an over abundance of talking, bumbling droids gags.

It does not have Jedi taking an stroll through a space fight light the begining of episode 3. It was like " Obiwan, there's droid ships ahead .... pass me a cup of tea please...oh yes...two sugars for me please"

It does not have the green screen inspired acting where you tell the actors were making # up on the spot. Ben Kenobi "Quick, shoot those fighter over there....Get them" agrrrrrraahhhhh.

It does not have the lamest Frankenstein wanna be tribute ending of all time
"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh"

What it does bring is a feel more like Empire strikes back, were there was a threat , it was not a walk in the park and serious crap went down.

Scion, makes Darth Maul look and sound pitiful. Here is a Sith Lord worth his salt.

All of the characters in this story capture the feel of the first movie episode four with the darkness of epidsode 5 .

I really became disenchanted with the starwars world with the what was done to the story. Peddling it to the kids market turned it into hogwash.

KOTOR 2 was made by older gamers who knew what the Star Wars universe should have been like.

Maybe this should have been posted in the rant column.

Geez....George..................................................................................................
WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star Wars was my life.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Grimholt]

top topics

join