It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are JW's and Mormons accepted into Freemasonry?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
As you requested here it is.

The Watchtower and the Masons, By Fritz Springmeier
radio.indymedia.org...

another great book by the same author

Be Wise As Serpents by Fritz Springmeier
www.whale.to...

[edit on 28-11-2006 by Nadio Pip1]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Did you know this thread is very old? I'm not sure very many of the participants are still around.

[edit on 11/28/06 by Trinityman]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Yeah, and only he could read it, but inside of hat, and I believe texts were switched on him? I only know what southpark tells me

Yes, the wife of one of the witnesses, (who was a transcriber of the Book of Mormon as Joseph translated the ancient plates from the seeing stones), whose name was Martin Harris, convinced the man to steal 116 pages of the texts to see if Joseph could translate the plates and make the exact same translation. Joseph had a convenient revelation from God saying those texts were never to be seen by humans again...or something to that effect.

www.utlm.org...

I was raised in the Mormon Church, a very devout member for 16 years. The South Park episode is surprisingly accurate! I even thought so when I was a devout Mormon!

Originally posted by sebatwerk
But I am PRETTY sure that Joe Smith was a mason BEFORE he founded the church. That is why so much masonic ritual and symbolism had been incorporated into the church, because of the influence they had on the founders... no?

Hyrum Smith, Joseph Smith's brother, was indeed a Mason before the founding of the Mormon Church. Joseph Smith, on the other hand, the actual founder of the Mormon Church, didn't become a Mason until after he founded the Church. I believe he became a Mason in Nauvoo after leaving Palmyra, NY due to persecution. I also believe that he was not recognized as a Mason by other Masons in the country.

When Mormonism incorporated polygamy into their beliefs, Freemasonry disallowed any member of the Mormon Church from being a Mason, and didn't allow it again until Mormons repealed the practice of polygamy, (which was, arguably, in order to gain statehood in Utah.)

Many of the symbols and rituals that you speak of were not incorporated into the Mormon doctrine until well after the Church was officially founded. In my personal opinion: 'ole Joe Smith just kind of added things as he went along to serve his own purposes. When he wanted to have sex with somebody else: he had a revelation about the divine mandate of polygamy. When he wanted somebody killed: he had a divine revelation about the necessary killing of that individual. And when he wanted to make a ceremony that was familiar to him: God told him to use ceremonies that out of sheer coincidence, were almost identical to Masonic ceremonies. I wish God was that convenient for me!

[edit on 29/11/06 by an3rkist]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Joseph Smith was a member of the Masons, so it probably would be easier for Mormans to become members based only on religion than it would be other religions.

Heres an article on the church's involvement with the freemasons and it tells about the Masonic symbols found throughout the church which was built during Smith's time:

www.utlm.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nadio Pip1
As you requested here it is.

The Watchtower and the Masons, By Fritz Springmeier
radio.indymedia.org...

another great book by the same author

Be Wise As Serpents by Fritz Springmeier
www.whale.to...

[edit on 28-11-2006 by Nadio Pip1]

Thanks for posting those. I'll add them to my very, very, very long list of things I want to read

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by patrioticpatty
Joseph Smith was a member of the Masons, so it probably would be easier for Mormans to become members based only on religion than it would be other religions.

There is long history of hostility between Mormons and Masons. Smith, for example, was expelled from Masonry soon after he became a member, and it appears that it was the Masons who led the group to have him arrested after Smith had a newspaper publishing house burnt down for publishing anti-Mormon articles. Many of the old school Mormons still blame the Masons for Smith's death, and to my knowledge, the Mormon Church still forbids its members from joining Freemasonry.

The Jehovah's Witnesses do not allow their members to become Freemasons, and do not receive Masons into fellowship unless they have renounced the fraternity.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join