It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I was just looking over one of the calendars that I have at my house, and I noticed for 9.11, they put it as 'Patriot Day'. I had not noticed this before, and I thought it was quit interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
you're kidding me!

good grief. next they'll make it into a national holiday and if that trend keeps up we'll only be working 8 days a year!

on second thought.....thats not such a bad idea!

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Catalyst

I am interested to know, who published the calendar, and is it only marked that way on just the one?

Excellent marketing. Not.

A constant annual association between the largest terrorist attack in US history, and the need to erode away every political freedom previously available to citizens through The Patriot Act.

While I think this is an aberration that will be called 'foul' in a short time, the thought behind it and the gullibility it assumes is striking.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Just wait 'til the 9/11 movie comes out. You know it's gonna happen...

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Actuall, being less cynical about it, I would be more inclined to remember the day as 911 Day, and call upon the public to recognize the contribution of all emergency service workers, volunteers and others.

Patriot Day is not good form.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thorfinn

I have written a screenplay.

Michael Moore's self-styled documentary is also well into production.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A movie will never come out in theatre. Probably a small time low budget tv movie would but never a movie in the theatres.

[Edited on 7-31-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Moore's documentary (don't know if you discount that as a movie, Illmatic) will certainly gross more than Bowling For Columbine did.

Also, maybe you shouldn't discount the probability that foreign interests will do this for profit and other motives.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Lol,
MA's right again.

It was probably Hallmark. They'll start selling "Patriot Day" cards.
The Hallmark Company invented Mother's Day and Father's Day.

There's your corporate scandalism right there.

Too funny,

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
I was just looking over one of the calendars that I have at my house, and I noticed for 9.11, they put it as 'Patriot Day'. I had not noticed this before, and I thought it was quit interesting.

You'd think they could have come up with a better name than "Patroit Day"

top topics

join