It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Stream slowing - Sunday Times, May 8, 2005-Britain faces big chill as ocean current slows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Illuminati Media has to admit it: Gulf Stream slowing - Sunday Times, May 8, 2005-Britain faces big chill as ocean current slows

CLIMATE change researchers have detected the first signs of a slowdown in the Gulf Stream — the mighty ocean current that keeps Britain and Europe from freezing.

They have found that one of the “engines” driving the Gulf Stream — the sinking of supercooled water in the Greenland Sea — has weakened to less than a quarter of its former strength.

The weakening, apparently caused by global warming, could herald big changes in the current over the next few years or decades. Paradoxically, it could lead to Britain and northwestern and Europe undergoing a sharp drop in temperatures.

Source:
Britain faces big chill as ocean current slows
www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.google.com...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
so what are the actual chances that temp will drop within the next.................lets say 10 years. Less then 1/4 of its formal strenght!?!? Do you mean that it the current has lost 75% of its strength!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Heres some images i found. I dont know the normal sea temperture for this time of year though.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by PeteTPP]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yup, Pete, that was a direct quote that was given.

75% loss in strength. Seems to me that there'd be a whole boatload of folks screaming about this if it were that dire, wouldn't you think?

You know, I don't mean to sound self-centered, but it figures that the whole freakin' world would go south in a handbasket, now that I've gotten my debts under control, about to come to the end of the tunnel and have positive goals for the future.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
TC
I'd call you a sucker for paying off your bills five minutes previous to 'the apocalypse' or whatever substitutes.
Of course, if the fit never hits the shan, I'll be in debt up to my eyeballs, and you'll be free and clear. :shrug: Are you a gambling man?

I've been putting off bills for years because of the imminent death of culture, and the reshaping of the world I've always felt was certain. It really seems to be dragging its feet though...

I would just feel like such a tool if I paid off all my debts and THEN the sky started to fall...

I mean seriously..what a rip-off that would be!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
WO, I know exactly what you mean! But, when is this mess going to occur? Should I renew my Sam's Club membership card now, or will I have some forewarning? I don't want to be stocked up on food that will expire 3 months into the snowball!

top topics

join