It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Years Old and On the Pill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
would you allow your 10 year old to have sex?
most sane parents WOULDN'T EITHER!!! I'd venture to guess that the number of parents who would allow it would be a great deal smaller than the number of 10 year olds taking the birth control pill...and well, they should probably be lock up in the psych ward somewhere.

"The study, covering more than 35,000 girls, found there were 23 aged
under 13 who had been given the pill either by family planning clinics or
GPs. Of those, two were aged 10. "

23 under the age of 13, 2 aged ten.....out of 35,000 girls!!!
and after repeated posts from people about the other health benefits of the pill, some are still trying to paint the ugliest picture possible about the pill...
just like they do with so many other areas of life they don't like.

so, okay, if your married, and your spouse decided that they just didn't want kids at the present time, are YOU willing to remain celebate until they decide the time is right? unless of course that is an inconvenient time for you, then will, remain celebate I guess.......or do just want women popping out babies one after the other. Because, well, I get the impression that it's the idea of controlling birth that you are having a problem with.

what's your problem? :S all i said was that the pill isnt immoral, its 10 year old kids who have sex are. You really should learn to read

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

what's your problem? :S all i said was that the pill isnt immoral, its 10 year old kids who have sex are. You really should learn to read

I would submit that the pill is immoral as is any medicine derived from MAN. It places MAN above the will of GOD. All you need is true faith to cure all sickness, not the evil intellect of satan through medicines.

[PS whos' this DrHoracid in your signature, sounds pretty wacked to me?]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bush43

Originally posted by drfunk

I would submit that the pill is immoral as is any medicine derived from MAN. It places MAN above the will of GOD. All you need is true faith to cure all sickness, not the evil intellect of satan through medicines.

[PS whos' this DrHoracid in your signature, sounds pretty wacked to me?]

i'm sorry but i don't follow your belief in that medicines are immoral and not of GOD. i see no conflict in taking medications. GOD can impose his will at ANY time...........whether you're on medication or not. GOD gave us the ability and technology to save lives thru medication.............so i see no connection with MEDS being IMMORAL and not of GOD.

you should start your own thread with that same statement. i would be interested in seeing the array of responses given in conjuction with your words.

angie

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
My daughter was put in the pill when she was 14 to regulate her menstrual cycle after an unstoppable cycle, she only had to take it for three weeks and them stop.

Her cycle went back to normal after that.

Now, for reasons due to medical condition I see not problem with that, but anything more than that it should be investigated.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bush43

Are you for real? If so, I must admit I worship satan hands down above the god you speak of as I see a great benefit in medicines. Have you ever taken any medicines, vaccines, or drugs as common as a soda pop?

Also, one could argue that god gave medicines to man and allowed them to create it. True faith does NOT cure all sickness in the sense that the person is better. True faith can bring one closer to death in a hurry without medicines. Many of the medicines we take are also derrived from plants and natural substances. Are they bad too?

A medicine can be "A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication." That includes vitamins, certain foods, plant extracts, and can even include water. Do you abstain from those things? Tea, coffee, chocolate, herbs, energy drinks are all drugs or medicine in some sense of the word. Is my locak supermarket and convenience store a tool of satan?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think he must have been joking wiht that comment, if not here's my suggestiong gather up all ur Ilk (like minded folks) and go deep into the congo or some other far off place, I hear the Holy arc is there (wink) and stay there till GOD talks to you, here's my ebola/plauge tainted sleeping bags once you reach the destination, enjoy.

brought to you by Oblivion travels inc. (all taxes included see small print for details)

You'll be doing a dissevice to the human genepool to not take such a trip, get back to me I set up all the travel arangement.

oOps, did I go too far.....

Uma

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There are a number of other valid medical reasons for giving a child ( or a woman) the pill besides birth control.

If they are growing too fast, it can stunt their growth, so if you have a 6' tall ten year old girl, the pill might stop her from being 7'.

Also, it can be used to prevent ovarian cysts. One of my friends has been told that she needs to be on it until menopause, or unless she wants to get pregnant, or else she will have huge (grapefruit sized), painful cysts. Ten seems a little young for ovarian cysts, but if a child is menstuating that young, I guess it is possible.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think the real problem (especially for some of the older posters on here) is that we do not realize girls are going through puberty at a much younger age these days.

30 some years ago, girls were starting around 15 or 16 years old. 20 some (when I was in high school) it wasn't odd to hear about girls not starting until they were 16, but you sure as heck heard about girls as young as 16 being on the pill and being sexually active.

Now, I am not condoning 10 year olds having sex, okay? Bringing up my daughter (age 13 now), I've watched her friends start at age 9 or 10 and was shocked. She has a 12 year old friend that started at age 9, who was recently put on the pill. Try having 3 week heavy periods, PMSing the whole time, and being in pain. No girl should have to go through that.

If there is medication out there that will help your child, it seems to me you should make sure she has it. Forget about the original reason the medication was made.. to prevent pregnancy. If you are watching over your child, talking with your child, and have a relationship with your child... you will not be worrying about whether or not she's having sex at 10-13 years old.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I really see nothing wrong with giving a 10 year old girl the pill. Like many others stated its not just a form of birth controll, but it has many other unique uses. Now I must say a 10 year old having sex is just wrong, but there is not one thing wrong with her taking birth controll.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Only if i lived in a place where family reunions turned into orgies would i give my daughter "the pill".

Do we know where she lives?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join