It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 JH-7 Pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
JH-7 full load
external image
JH-7 Ⅱ model
external image

Edit: resized your images/photos and your thoughts and/or opinion would be appreciated. When creating a topic, at the top of the page is a notice that says:

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events,
please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Thank you.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
are the chinese inspired by jap sci-fi cartoons??

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
why do you say that?
I dont see how it cold beinspired by sci-fi anime.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I agree with JadeRio on this, I dont see why you would think the design is based on Anime.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If anything it reminds me of a tornado... maybe not supprising considering they both use rolls-royce spey engines

JH-7

Tornado - GR4

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
No they don't, nor do they have anything at all in common

The Tornado is powered by RB.199's, not Speys. The Nimrod MR.2 IS however powered by Speys, does that look like the JH-7?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Tornado's used spey's years back I believe... the early prototypes were fitted with them?

Underpowered from what I remember...

China got a large amount of them back in the 80's

Don't tell me this does not look like a tornado

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Lucretius]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There is a vague resemblance in the top picture if you ignore the fact that the Tornado has VG wings, in the bottom picture it appears to look more like a Jaguar to me. Speaking of which I might have realised where you are getting confused perhaps?

You see the Jaguar was, in its early days, roundly criticised by the RAF for being underpowered, maybe this is what you are thinking of?

FYI No Tornado has ever flown without RB.199 power, they were even installed in the first prototype thanks to extensive testing beforehand hung beneath a Vulcan test bed.

The Jaguar is, and always has been, powered by the Adour, although a scheme to refit them with RB.199's instead was canned in the late '70's. The Typhoon first flew with RB.199 power as well before the EJ.200 was ready.

The Spey is actually a very versatile and powerful (if now old fashioned) engine having powered the Buccaneer, F-4 Phantom, Trident (airliner, not missile), Nimrod and Italo-Brazilian AMX amongst many applications.

RAB

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
looks more like a very odd cross of the jag and the F106, the Tornado has swing wings and I'd put my money on the GR4 for bombing and the F3 foe intercept / dogfighting compered to this!

Waynos: The Jaguar is, and always has been, powered by the Adour, although a scheme to refit them with RB.199's instead was canned in the late '70's. Have you got any links or info on this project love the idea! Thanks

RAB

[edit on 8-5-2005 by RAB]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hi RAB, I only have this picture to hand at the moment, which doesn't show very much;

The accompanying article describes how, if fitted with the RB.199 and the new 'high agility' 10 pylon wing (6 underwing + 2 wing tip + 2 overwing missile rails) the 'Super Jaguar' could have a combat performance to match the F-16. This was an independant BAe project, nothing to do with SEPECAT, and was intended to be a stopgap until the Typhoon came along.

RAB

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Thanks Waynos love the information on the Super-JAG, wish they had gone ahead with it. It'll would have rocked, makes you think about other cancelled british projects.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Looks like they took a Tornado and a Jaguar and welded them together. Curious...

Oops. I notice now Lucretius already made the Tornado reference

[edit on 10-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
well its an old design, and the Brits are goin to retire their Tornados. so wat China has is not too much of a threat. it may be a threat to Taiwan though.

RAB

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
well its an old design, and the Brits are goin to retire their Tornados. so wat China has is not too much of a threat. it may be a threat to Taiwan though.

Not yet, the GR4 will be in service till around 2015ish, jag is going soon but the Tornado GR4 being one of the best strike planes around will be here for a little bit longer!

RAB

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
How can you judge a plane by its appearance? "It looks like a Tornado, the Tornado is old, therefore it is not a threat"

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
ARe we comparing the JH-7 to the venerable tornado and/or Jaguar???!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou
How can you judge a plane by its appearance? "It looks like a Tornado, the Tornado is old, therefore it is not a threat"

Actually.....YES. A MAJOR part of air tech is the style of the plane. As air tech advances you can clearly tell, just by appearance, how stealthy a plane is for one. What kind of ordinance its capable of carrying is another. How about does it have thrust vectoring?

About the only thing you cant always ascertain from a planes appearance is avionics. So you imply that the avionics of that plane are so amazingly different than any other plane that all the things we can clearly see visually are irrelevant? Nope.

Ill ask you this: Whats more lethal: A P51 Mustang or an F15 Eagle? Did you need to look under the hood so to speak to conclude the F15? Dont think so. Of course my example is very obvious, but the argument is the same. A plane that looks 20 years old, most likely performs like planes 20 years old.

[edit on 10-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I repeat..
The Jh-7 is as good as the tornado?? or the jaguar??
Waynos??

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I don't know about the avionics in the thing but my first impression is that it would be on a par with Jaguar but some way behind the Tornado's capabilities (mach 2.2 max, supersonic at low level , 22,000lb max payload)

[edit on 11-5-2005 by waynos]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
here's a nice shot of a YJ-8 anti-ship missile being loaded onto a JH-7

SPECIFICATIONS

Crew: Two (1 pilot and 1 weapon operator)
Wingspan: 12.8 m
Length: 21.00 m
Height: 6.22 m
Maximum take-off weight: 27,500 kg
Internal fuel: 6,540 kg
Drop tanks: One 1,000 kg + two 600 kg; or three 1,000 kg
Maximum speed: Mach 1.69 (at 11,000 m)
Service ceiling: 16,000 m
Range: Ferry range 3,650 km, combat radius 1,650 km

DESIGN

The JH-7 is a two-seater, twin-engine all-weather supersonic fighter-bomber aircraft, which is similar in configurations and roles to the European Tornado GR3 ground attack aircraft and the Russian Su-24 Fencer fighter-bomber aircraft. However, the aircraft’s performance is constrained by its underpowered WS-9/Spey Mk 202 turbofan engines. With a maximum take-off weight of 27 tonnes, the JH-7 has a maximum weapon load of only 5 tonnes, much less than that of those Russian- or Western-made combat aircraft in the same class of weight.

The JH-7 has high-mounted wings with compound sweepback, dog tooth leading; twin turbofans, with lateral air intakes; all swept tail surface, comprising large main fin, single small ventral fin and low set all moving tail plane; small over-wing fence at approximately two third span. Quarter chord sweep angles approximately 45 degrees on wings and fins, 55 degrees on tail plane. The JH-7 has a tandem two-seat cockpit, with the rear seat slightly higher than the front seat to give the weapon operator a better filed of view. Each seat has its own back-hinged canopy. The cockpit and internal fuel tank are protected by armours.

AVIONICS

The JH-7 is fitted with a Type 232H Eagle Eye multi-function PD fire-control radar, while the JH-7A has a more capable JL-10A PD fire-control radar with better reliability and longer detect range. The front-seat pilot cockpit is fitted with a HK-13-03G head-up display (HUD), two black-white multi-function displays (MFDs) and one colour MFD. The fire-control system for the YJ-8K anti-ship missile is fitted in the rear-seat (weapon operator) cockpit. Combat data is processed by the mission computer through the Mil1553B digital databus.

Flight control systems include the KF-1 digital fly-by-wire (FBW), 8145 air-data computer, WG-5A radio altimeter, HG-563GB INS/GPS navigation system, the Type 210 Doppler navigation system, HZX-1B stabilising system, and microwave landing assistance system.

Communications systems include HF, UHF, VHF, Type 483D data transmission/TAKAN system.

COUNTERMEASURES

Electronic countermeasures (ECM) suite includes the Type 605B IFF; KJ-8602/RW-1045 RWR; Type 960-2 or KG-8605 (JH-7A) internal radar noise jammer; KZ-8608 ELINT; GT-1 chaff/flare dispenser.

The JH-7 can also carries an indigenous Blue Sky low altitude navigational pod under wings. The aircraft is also seen carrying two weapon designation pods under the air inlets. One is believed to be a Chinese copy of the Russian design which can collect the enemy radar emissions to guide the YJ-91/Kh-31P anti-radiation missile. The other one is possibly a laser designation pod for the laser-guided bombs.

top topics

join