It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as Al-Zarqawi.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
http;//www.iraq-war.ru is not a reliable source.

I've found that site to be credible.

People (I don't know who) always send me their daily compendium. I read if I have time.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
you wrote:

No it was not new evidence you posted virtually all of them already and the source is not a creditable one

But the source is not one source, it may be one website, but the website is a news wire, and it just pastes sources from MAIN STREAM news agencies, like washington post.

If you actually read any of the sources i gave oyu, you'd know that.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

The albasrah.net website has not published any reports about az-Zarqawi because we, like all Iraqis, do not believe this mythological figure exists on the pure soil of Iraq. "

LOL again you come up with a non-creditable website. All you are doing is spaming the board with redundant information and you will never prove your point using biased sources.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Time and time again we have seen Islamic sites publishing in the name of Zarqawi. If he is an illusion, he is an Islamic extremist created and promoted illusion.

Was is the key word. I believe he was killed in Northern Iraq during the invasion. Most people familiar with him scoff when the media talks about him being here or there.

Some radical Islamists probably do use his name and image for the noteriety.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

LOL again you come up with a non-creditable website. All you are doing is spaming the board with redundant information and you will never prove your point using biased sources.

I apologize for just jumping into an ongoing discussion.. but why do you believe that site is not credible? Have you read the links?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Time and time again we have seen Islamic sites publishing in the name of Zarqawi. If he is an illusion, he is an Islamic extremist created and promoted illusion.

Was is the key word. I believe he was killed in Northern Iraq during the invasion. Most people familiar with him scoff when the media talks about him being here or there.

Some radical Islamists probably do use his name and image for the noteriety.

"Was" is not the keyword as it is open to question wether or not Zarqawi is dead or alive. Unless he is proven to be dead, he can logically be considered an is.

As for your second statement? You are yet again using word play that does not stand up to logical scrutiny.
There is no "probably" in play here. They do period.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think EastCoastKid has hit the target perfectly. Zarqawi did exist, but not in the capacity that the US wants us to believe. The Bush administration needed a tie-in to link Iraq to al Queda, and Zarqawi is that guy. While once a sort of outlaw, he's now more myth than reality.

news.telegraph "How US fuelled myth of Zarqawi the mastermind"
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the terrorist leader believed to be responsible for the abduction of Kenneth Bigley, is 'more myth than man', according to American military intelligence agents in Iraq.

Several sources said the importance of Zarqawi, blamed for many of the most spectacular acts of violence in Iraq, has been exaggerated by flawed intelligence and the Bush administration's desire to find "a villain" for the post-invasion mayhem.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
www.iraq-war.ru

Is a news wire, they just paste news from other sources, main stream sources.

Like AFP, washington times, reuters etc...

Therefore, unless you say this mainstream sources are not credible. You have no bases for your arguement.

More CAKE on it's way!

... I'm looking for one particle article that's just explosive,
tangy!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I will say this, the web-site in queston, is as valid as this one. It looks like some of the stories where taken straight from this one.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

I apologize for just jumping into an ongoing discussion.. but why do you believe that site is not credible? Have you read the links?

Yes some of them and they are clearly biased on one of their pages they state

Non-Commercial Fund for Informational Resistance to the Threat of Wars and Hostilities in the Modern World "MIRROR OF THE WORLD" was created in January 2004 by a group of individuals and is located in Moscow, Russia.

As you can clearly see it is not a newswire service it was put up by a group of individuals alone calling it a wire service when in fact it is not.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Here is more. it bolsters my opinion.

The Mirror of the World Foundation was established to realize the idea of a communal gateway to information. The contents of this website are generated by its participants who together organize its work, define its focus, and direct its course. Your active participation is instrumental in making this resource possible!

Note it states "generated by its participants" it does not state news services and that to me means to post only the content they want that suits their own agenda which to me is clearly biased.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Again, i can't belive i have to explain this to you.

No matter where iraq war is based, it is a news wire, allow me to explain.

"The contents of this website are generated by its participants who together organize its work, define its focus, and direct its course"

Some articles are written by people on that site, when such an article is written there, then they write the author of the article. But it appears as "analysis" not main news.

The main news however, are from main stream sources. And each article is sourced back to that main stream media agency. Such as washington post and reuters. The source is verifiable, because ussually a link to the official nesws source is provided.

If you are denyiing the credibility of my sources, you are denying the credibility of reuters etc.

Is that what you are doing?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If you are denyiing the credibility of my sources, you are denying the credibility of reuters etc.

He doesn't have to.
It all depends on wether or not one can recognise "selective culling" of news stories.

Not only that, but the news stories don't always give credence to your theory as I have already proven to you in a previous post. In fact, after taking a look at the site, the only thing about it that can be given credence are the news links. The rest of it, as already stated, is questionable.

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Leveller]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Again, i can't belive i have to explain this to you.

The main news however, are from main stream sources. And each article is sourced back to that main stream media agency. Such as washington post and reuters. The source is verifiable, because ussually a link to the official nesws source is provided.

Oh give me a break here is one of their so called creditable sources

www.thespoof.com...

TheSpoof - About TheSpoof

The Spoof is the leading satire newspaper on the internet providing an irreverent and satirical slant to the current big news stories.

We serve it up fresh every minute of the day like other newspapers, but we always aim on giving you a laugh.

We try to focus on current affairs, sports, science, gossip and entertainment news but also on simply good humor writing.

We rely entirely on our readers to submit stories to thespoof. All the material on the site is submitted online and goes live from there. We encourage our writers to craft their storiess carefully to make them as entertaining as possible for you.

As you can see in this case the source is simply gossip and satirical slant yet you call that a good source

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The article

www.iraq-war.ru...

Fallujah negotiator questions Zarqawi ultimatum

And a link is provided back an official news source,
www.abc.net.au...

Is the abc not credible enough for you?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

It all depends on wether or not one can recognise "selective culling" of news stories.

The only culling is the culling i did my self. After all, i am providing you with evidence to support MY claim that Zarqawi doesn't exist.
If i didn't cull or select news stories, then i would be posting all the news stories that ever existed, no?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You're not very good at this "evidence" thing are you SS?

Just because somebody says something in a news story, it has no more veracity than if I were to write it here.

You're going around in circles.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Shouldn't you hold of your white washing, untill you eat the main course?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The article

www.iraq-war.ru...

Fallujah negotiator questions Zarqawi ultimatum

And a link is provided back an official news source,
www.abc.net.au...

Is the abc not credible enough for you?

Sure that one is a good source, but it does not prove he does not exist since the person who questioned it was a radical like Zarqawi.

Again you get an F lets make it a double F if there is such a thing

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You're not very good at this "evidence" thing are you SS?

Just because somebody says something in a news story, it has no more veracity than if I were to write it here.

You're going around in circles.

I'm merely trying to demonstrate, that iraqies don't even BELIVE in Zarqawi.

And if Zarqawi exists in iraq, shouldn't iraqies be seeing him?

Again, the main course is coming.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join