It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the war in Iraq was worth it and a success!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
England and Australia are the same, albiet they are not spending as much money - none the less, our soldiers are over there fighting in the name of $greed$ ...

Its not just england.....its the UK, please understand the diffrence or you insult the poor blackwatch lads that didnt make it...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   

$1-Billion dollars a day - This is what it is costing America - Imagine what else that money could be spent on - They are going SO hard-out, trying to get control of Iraqs Oil, so they can get themselves out of this hole they dug themselves into...

England and Australia are the same, albiet they are not spending as much money - none the less, our soldiers are over there fighting in the name of $greed$ ...

Originally posted by devilwasp
Its not just england.....its the UK, please understand the diffrence or you insult the poor blackwatch lads that didnt make it...

Please forgive me, I will stand corrected - It is merely my understanding that England are the main people pushing for it (aside from the US) - And the rest of us (ie Australia etc) are merely tag-alongs...

I do not hear much about Scotland's part in the war (if there is one) ... Would someone care to explain it to me?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Please forgive me, I will stand corrected - It is merely my understanding that England are the main people pushing for it (aside from the US) - And the rest of us (ie Australia etc) are merely tag-alongs...

I do not hear much about Scotland's part in the war (if there is one) ... Would someone care to explain it to me?

Your forgiven I knew it wasnt on purpose I just wanted to make it clear.
Yes, most people forget us....even though most of the time we are leading the way..
I wouldnt say you guys are tag alongs, you guys do your bit....no matter how small I bet there are some UK guys outthere happy to see your guys out there.
You know of the british soldiers and marines in bagdad ?
Black watch (scottish regiment) was the unit, along with some RM and I think some other army units like REME.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well most of the English I have worked with would get damn pissed to be called a scottsman and visa versa, only thing worse is asking a brit os he is Aussie and visa versa.

Ghostsoldier, its a UK thing, kinda like how in the US, 49 states make fun of Kentucky....

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Ghostsoldier, its a UK thing, kinda like how in the US, 49 states make fun of Kentucky....

Is that the best you can do edsuckers?

How about getting a life.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Oh yeah, you are from Kentucky, well just as you joke about Tennessee and Indiana.....

Btw I lived less than an hour from Louisville and worked din Carrolton for a long time. I like Kentucky but that is why Indiana had to build bridges so the Kentuckians could swim across in the shade.

Its a joke so don't take it personally.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargoAs for it not being funny the 2nd time. How do you feel about ed's "tulipwalker" being used for the 600th time? Double standards are cool! As long as they are aimed at "tulipwalkers" right?

Does this make you sad? Double Standards?

anyhow - I feel pretty good about it, I mean it is a word now, just in your honor!

tulipwalker

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
wat was it we were slugging each other about?
in ani case, it depends on wat the situation goes on in Iraq. u see the news about terrorists and insurgets who commit martyrdom, does that mean we lost that battle, that we couldnt prevent that martyr from killing himself. does it mean that an insurgent kills an Iraqi official the war is over? it depends on the results and wat history says about this war. if somehow we able to help the Iraqi police and army able to help secure the country and make life hell for the insurgents and terrorists to the point that their tactics will not work then it must be we are winning. u have terrorists and insurgents killing Iraqi forces but the forces are still flourishing, u have terrorists killing innocent people even intentionally but it does not deter them from voting and going for democracy. the terrorists can commit martyrdom all they want but they aint gonna win. and they aint getting a magic carpet ride to paradise since they killed Muslims. so they lost and we won.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
There goes ed again, making blossoms out of turds.

EDIT: Now here's a picture that the proves it wasn't worth it.

I have no illusions about the NWO having planned and set-up the terrorists as well as the Iraq wars etc. No doubt about that.

Nevertheless, once the terrorists were wound up and set loose; once Saddam was so involved in the thick of all the terrorist support and planning . . . it would have been insanity to have failed to take him out.

And, you seem to forget that more Marines have died from motorbike accidents after returning to the USA than died in combat in Afghanistan.

I find your perspective grossly lacking on more than one occasion.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join