It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Able To Sleep With Your Bedroom Closet Open?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No problem do it all the time. There's nothing in there that needs to be shut away at night and any spiders or such can just crawl out under the door anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
No, brrrr.

And talking about closets and times past, when I was a kid I slept next to a closet that had a few tiny dark spots on it. It might have been paint that had chipped off, I do not know. Anyway somehow I started to notice that the spots moved very slowly. It scared me! Every night I feared the spots, did not want to look at them while in bed but did of course. I do not know if the moved, do not think so now...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
LOL I just can't sleep with it closed and here is why.

I can see at least 3 faces staring at me, ooh creepy!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
One night when I was little, I woke up and saw a HUGE dog standing in my closet staring at me. I freaked out, jumped up, bolted to the door, and fled to the kitchen, where I grabbed a knife and started screaming for my parents (I was terrified of large dogs then, FYI).

Since then it just kinda bothers me to have the door open. I'm not really scared; it's just that I know I'll wake up some night and see some lump of clothes that ends up scaring me half to death because I'm half asleep and not thinking properly. If my SO is staying the night, I don't mind so much because if I turn over I see him instead of the closet. =)

I ALWAYS have to have my bedroom door closed, though. I always end up seeing things in the darkness that freak me out.

And I don't really have to be covered up completely... just as long as I have a blanket over my feet and legs I'm good. Cold isn't an issue for someone who has a Great Dane snuggled up to them all night when the SO isn't there (no longer scared of large dogs =P).

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I sleep IN my closet.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
there's no way i can! if i forget or someone else leaves it open i just can't sleep even if i haven't noticed...it's like something's just not right...and when i finally realize what it is i get up no matter how tired i am and close it really, really fast. but you know, i never thought about WHY. lol!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterDebater
I sleep IN my closet.

well is the door opened or closed when you do? lol!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I can, I never had a problem with my closet doors bein open.

Nothin in there can survive WUKKY GYM SOCKS!

so therefore nothing to be afraid of

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This thread brings back memories!

This is as scary as going to the toilet and looking to see whats behind the shower curtain
just in case!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Okay, so I'm not quite sure why this is in Paranormal, or the reason behind the questioning about closet doors. I leave them open, close them, lights on, lights off, doesn't matter, when I sleep, I sleep.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Wait till one night you see a shirtsleeve waving at you!!!

You will understand then.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Wait till one night you see a shirtsleeve waving at you!!!

You will understand then.

I'll just wave back and either go to sleep, or pull out the 9mm's or shotgun.

I'm guessing you had a negative experience with your closet.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join