It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Able To Sleep With Your Bedroom Closet Open?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I hope 'm putting this in the right place.

How many of you can sleep in your bedroom at night with your closets open?

I cant and lots of people i know cant.

Ever tried it?

I dare you to do it
Betcha you cant!!!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yup, I do, lol but my closet is as big as some people's bedrooms. But when I was growing up, there was nooo flipping way I would.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't, for some strange reason I always have to close my closet door before I go to bed. I wouldn't sleep if I found out it was open.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
No I can't either and do you know why?.

……..this is where the Closet Ghost lives and if you leave the door open at night they sneak out and suck your brains out!!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'll just say - I prefer not to.

and leave it at that.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I can... I have to, since my closet doesn't have a door

(unfortunately that leaves a wide open passage for the boogieman to come and get me...)

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I grew up in a haunted house and for some reason the ghost used to like to mess with my closet doors. I have an aversion to them now LOL and now i make sure that all my closets are built like rooms and have regular doors and not sliding doors.

When I was little the ghost used to slide them open and closed while I could see. It was very terrifying.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hell no i cant sleep with my closet door open, room door open or my window with out the blinds covering it.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
When I was a child I was not able to sleep with the closet door open.

Now I really don't take it to seriously anymore.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
haha for me it doesnt make a difference
but I have to sleep in complete silence
if I hear even a tv going or something
I immeditely suspect some paranormal crap

I suggest the best thing to do is find a bedmate to sleep with
and then you'll have better things to worry about

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I can, cuz I aint skeerit.

But once when I was in like first or second grade I often dreamed that I would wake up and the closet light would be on (with the door closed of course, I was in like first grade. shoot). Then one night I woke up and to my horror, the light was on... Dear Lord it took all my little kid wavos to get up and turn that light off.

2nd awesome closet story:
Once had a dream that a scary azz robot monster thing with a head connected to its body by a big thick spring. It walked from my closet over to the window which conveniently was right by my head.
Peeking out from under the covers I said, "Hello" for some reason, perhaps to let it know I was friendly before it undoubtably discovered me hiding and tore me to shreds. It did not respond, but turned to face the bed. Aw crap its on, I thought in horror.

BUT THEN! In a rush of dream fight-or-flightness I sprang up and grabbed the teetering mechanical nightmare by its big thick spring neck and shook the crap out of him. The end.

Hmmmm.... the most horrifing dream involving my closet included aliens. This one was really friggin scary. In my closet there is a little ladder that goes up to a false ceiling into the attic. I was about 18 or so when I was burdened with this dream, and was a senior in high school. I had just driven home from school (in my dream) to my unoccupied house. Arriving inside said house, I for some reason go to my closet to discover the false ceiling was pushed away as if someone was in the attic, but there's nobody home.... ALIENS my mind screamed in my dream, recoiling in horror I began the horrible task of searching the house for aliens, and after finding none in the attic I decended the little ladder and peered into my parents darkened room to see none other than you know who, kneeling in the darkness, trying to hide or some spit. As soon as he saw me he fled ever so quickly into my parents closet, at which point I awoke pondering WTF my brain was thinking when it plotted out that little scenerio.....

whew

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I do all the time without a 2nd thought...is that bad? When i was really little I used to be scared of "monsters" hiding in the closet, but my mother got this "monster spray" (aka water in a spray bottle) and sprayed the closet as well as all the other usual places where monsters would hide, under the bed, behind the dresser etc...

Like magic they were all gone! Maybe it would work for you guys

Oh...and I used to think people were staring at me through the a/c vents in the house until I was about 10...I was a paranoid child I guess.

[edit on 5/8/2005 by Lecky]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I use to be willing to sleep with it open, and I had a big walk in closet. Even after I had moved my bed in a position where I could see straight into it to the other end by looking down at my feet.

However one night when I was 12, I looked down into while trying to fall asleep and saw a pair of glowing eyes in it. Lets just say I never slept with it open again.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Buncha people afraid of their own clothes.

Hear one story at summer camp as a child and spend the rest of your lives afraid to sleep with the closet door open.

Its not like that fabulous pantsuit you bought last year on sale is going to come to life and take outs its aggression on you.

But now that I think about it, that enormous dust bunny under the bed gives me the willies sometimes.

[edit on 8/5/05 by Skibum]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
And I have a walk in closet with two sliding doors, man its scary....If I wanted I could invite about a dozen of my buddies and we can cram ourself in that closet...

So imagine what goes on my mind every darn time I look at the those closet doors, even a little crack makes me shut it comlpetly....

Funny thing is I get chills thinking of it.....

[edit on 8-5-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter either way, as my closet doors are currently off there hinges, however, when they are on, it feels neater to me to have them closed.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There's a logical reason for not bearing to see the closet open. You close it because you know there's an unseen cloud of dust constantly settling on all surfaces, and if you leave it open then you'll eventually find a layer of dust there too...unless you live in Venice, the only dust-free city in the world.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Did you guys read my post? It was so funny/interesting.

Check it out again!

EDIT: I'd like some feedback - now.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by SilverStar]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I've been thinking about my childhood quite a bit lately. I don't know why. Perhaps reminicing is typical for a man in his early fifties? I suppose this is typical. Nevertheless, I was thinking about my fears as a child. I had quite a few fears; thunderstorms (I was certain that lightning was going to hit my house), the dark (especially when I was coming up from the basement. It would be dark in the basement as I would run up the stairs towards the light of the main floor kitchen. I could almost feel the darkness reaching out to grab me and pull me back into the black void), my big stuffed bear (in the dark of my bedroom, it seemed to take on a life of its' own), under the bed (no explanation is necessary, is it? We all know what lurks under the bed and we all know that it isn't good. Right?), and finally, the closet door. There was no way that I could possibly sleep in a dark room with the closet door open. Frankly, I didn't really like the door to the closet open when it was light out. Anyway, I'm over most of my fears now......I still worry about lightning but I walk up the stai.rs from the basement now (though, maybe, I might give the the thought of the void behind me a shudder). I no longer own that bear so that's one fear scratched from my list. But under the bed? Well, I don't like my feet to dangle off the edge of the bed for a reason.....and it's under the bed. And there is no way I'll sleep with that damned closet door open. Damn. I guess I'll never "grow up".

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yea I read it.

I'd like some feedback - now.

Dear Lord it took all my little kid wavos to get up and turn that light off.

What are wavos, or do you mean huevos.

How's that for feedback....

[edit on 8/5/05 by Skibum]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join