It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government vs. Aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What do you think would happen if aliens were to land openly in lets say the USA? Would the government and military welcome them or just open fire? And would the military just slaughter them and steal their ships and technology and use them to develop supieor weapons?

who

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I dont think we would have the ability to "just slaughter them and steal their ships and technology". Just a guess, but if they are capable of getting here I dont think we stand a chance. We might have some cool stuff that is pretty advanced for us, but it might be like taking on the army today with a rock or stick. I think it would be like a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Some might say that has already happened to a degree but not openly to the public lol

Graham

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If it were to happen openly I don't think the government would do either, try capture them and find out what they are, end up running tests on them and trying to find ways to keep away more. And if they didn't cooperate, I mean, who would?, then they'd open fire and try to kill them. I mean, kind heart in the government? Somebody high up with lots of power try to save them? Sure.... *cough*

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I doubt there's anything that could surive the blast from say a Tomahawk armed with an H-Bomb. If they did have some type of shield, hacking them would be impossible because I'm sure they've aleady seen Independence Day.

And as for ground fighting, I doubt there's any living being that could stand very long against a .50 cal gun.
Not to mention gernades and Penguin missles.

Tassadar

[Edited on 31-7-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I doubt the government would attack the aliens considering they are already working with them.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
I doubt the government would attack the aliens considering they are already working with them.

Yup

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Depends. IF the government IS working with them. Then I imagine they would reveal the whole plot and the world would end.

Or, after trying to establish contact, and the aliens proved hostile, then they would fight them. Or, the aliens are peaceful, and some nut attacks them, and we start fighting them anyway. Or everything goes smoothly.

new topics

top topics

join