It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HERE COMES TERROR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As I have said in the past, when looking at a conspiracy, find out who removed the installed fail-safes to prevent the occurance and who stood to gain?

What are Shrubs pollo ratings as of NOW?

www.msnbc.com...

July 30 � Terrorists operating in teams of five may be plotting suicide missions to hijack commercial airliners on the East Coast, Europe or Australia this summer possibly using �common items carried by travelers, such as cameras, modified as weapons,� according to an urgent memo sent last weekend to all U.S. airlines and airport security managers.

www.msnbc.com...

WASHINGTON, July 30 � In an apparent reversal of policy, the Transportation Security Administration will immediately begin scheduling air marshals back on cross-country and international flights, MSNBC.com has learned. The move comes less than 24 hours after MSNBC.com reported that air marshals were being pulled from those flights because of budget problems associated with the costs of overnight lodging for the marshals.

who

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This makes me feel great, I am flying to Florida on Saturday August 2nd. Wow do I feel safe...

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
* I suppose all we can do is be aware and keep our eyes open, I live in the U.K so we are a little bit more used to terror i..e.. I.R.A
But you can never be fully ready!

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm sort of glad that I hate to fly....But....I'm starting to wonder if there is a hidden reson with this so called "Hijacking"....and reading some other posts on this board make me wonder more...

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have a general question relating to this.

Is anyone here truly "shaken up" by this new alert?
Or do you just shrug and kind of ignore it?

Not trying to be smarmy, I'm actually curious as to what people's reactions are.

-B.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
They really dont bother me, its just another hype in the paranoia of daily life.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Not trying to be smarmy, I'm actually curious as to what people's reactions are.

-B.

What am I supposed to do? Hide in my house? I shrug and move on. This Admin tries to control through fear and presenting themselves as the "great savior." I for one am sick of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Because of planned travels, this alert causes me some concern, yes.

Of course I want to understand the intelligence sources, but it's pretty clear that any country which has allied itself with the US in the invasion of Iraq will be listed in the 'targets' and will be an unwitting participant in the accompanying fear campaign.

Global repercussions of idiot Bush administration.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   

-B.

Well lets see,
You are not being 'smarmy'?. The threat is always there, has been, and will be. What alarms me is the removal of US Marshall protection to save overnight hotel expenses. Like that mattered.
If it were WWII, I would consider it as a cryptic message to grab a night flight out of Europe and attack the US in the morning because fail-safes would be lowered..
I do not ignore anything and try to understand everything, it is my job.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen

Well lets see,
You are not being 'smarmy'?. The threat is always there, has been, and will be. What alarms me is the removal of US Marshall protection to save overnight hotel expenses. Like that mattered.
If it were WWII, I would consider it as a cryptic message to grab a night flight out of Europe and attack the US in the morning because fail-safes would be lowered..

Tut, I'm surprised you don't know why I asked that question.

-B.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
No need to worry. When its your time to go its your time. Live life like theres no tomorrow. Airlines are very safe now. I really doubt that anything similar to 911 will happen anytime in the near future.

Mark

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Well lets see,

Tut, I'm surprised you don't know why I asked that question.

-B.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

My Dear Banshee,
I am surprised also, I must be a little 'smarmy' today. Damn that whiskey 'makes you so uncertain, makes your mind unclear' old battle song.
Educamate me please, why did you really ask the question if not for an answer?
Awaiting in eager anticipation with baited breath,

TUT

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   

My Dear Banshee,
I am surprised also, I must be a little 'smarmy' today. Damn that whiskey 'makes you so uncertain, makes your mind unclear' old battle song.
Educamate me please, why did you really ask the question if not for an answer?
Awaiting in eager anticipation with baited breath,

TUT

Complacency.
It's something that's been tossed around some of the threads you & I frequent, tut, that's why I figured you would've picked up on it.
More specifically, the act of issuing these threats and terror alerts to such a degree as to cause the general populace to shrug it all off after a while.
I was truly wondering if we've gotten to that point yet.

Back just after 9/11, most of the world, previously unaccustomed to a terrorist attack on their own soil, lived in a state of hypervigilant panic.
We stayed in a panic long enough to not complain too much when the Patriot Act and P-2 were passed.
The Department of Homeland Security went into force, and FEMA got some new powers.

The public was scared enough to allow some of our right to privacy to be taken.
Now that we're complacent and happy, that guard's been let down.
"Another Orange alert? Let's make a cartoon about it!!"

The next "attack" that happens on US or its allies' soil will cause all the more panic because we've ceased to be concerned about it actually happening.

-B.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Banshee Quote

Complacency.
It's something that's been tossed around some of the threads you & I frequent, tut, that's why I figured you would've picked up on it.
More specifically, the act of issuing these threats and terror alerts to such a degree as to cause the general populace to shrug it all off after a while.
I was truly wondering if we've gotten to that point yet.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well
We,ve past that point. There in lies the problem and threat. After 911 we went reactionary globally and at home. Blindly following the Patriotic Banner being waved by dim-witted politicians. Thinking they are the power, not knowing they are puppets on strings.
Then came Das Homeland Security, then came color codes to keep the masses fervent and fired now and then.
Then came complacency.
Now we are entering a extreme phase of "POLARIZATION OF POPULATION" [i have been meaning to start a thread on this, but i am having to much fun reacting to other peoplles threads, besides no one ever reads my threads, or rather they read them but no one ever comments, lol i don't know why?]
Back to the polar thing, not since the 60's has our land been in such opposition, far right far left, reactionaries at every fork in the road. All seeking to control their fork in the road. Growth at a standstill, communication reduced to each side throwing political rocks and rhetoric.up into the air and they fall haphazardly everywhere. To no avail other than discord in the family of America.
What the Dark Side needs now is a shot in the reactionary arm
so Patriot Act 3 can grow the G-Force of the State Empowered
Das Homeland Security. So the Goosestepping can GROW like a virus in a giant petri dish of paranoid humanity.
That is what I see, Terror is Coming soon to a neighborhood near you. Advance seating is unavailable, first come basis only. Never loose sight of humor or God.
Well, that's how I think Banshee!

tut tut

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   

July 30 � Terrorists operating in teams of five may be plotting suicide missions to hijack commercial airliners on the East Coast, Europe or Australia this summer possibly using �common items carried by travelers, such as cameras, modified as weapons,� according to an urgent memo sent last weekend to all U.S. airlines and airport security managers.

Sorry, but there's no need to go to such lengths...

If someone really wanted to sneak something on board a plane as a weapon, they wouldn't have to even go to such extremes... Here's just a few..

1. liquid explosives-as long as it wasn't poisonous on skin contact (so you could fake drinking it), it could be carried in a drink container right through the metal detector, bypassing the explosives detectors.

2. Sharp hard plastic knives-right through the old metal detector....

3. Plastic Guns-remove small metal springs, etc. and put them in pens, other innocuous devices, then assemble the gun on board.

So many ways, that it's foolish to rely on the security measures in place to protect you...at least from pro's. Best bet is to just be aware (and try and sit in first class, or damned near it, so you'll be one of the first aware of a problem).

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Ahhh yes yes ....

What was the reason? High tourist season they say. He he he.

Well not exactly...

Anyway, in less than a month, boys and girls, we will get hit once again. I'm sure illuminati are counting days already.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What Terror Alert??

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
"Slowly we turn, step by step, inch by inch, Niagra Falls!"
The Three Stooges

Point of interest or interrorist.?

Todays news on FOX is unusually absent of government announcements and releases!

"What Evil lurkes in the Minds Of Men, only the Shadow Knows"

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Holy Crap,
Check this out, bad boy, gets 'atta boy'! Got the u2u thank u.
Had to go research for I had no idea what I did right, usually I have no idea what I did wrong!
More succently, guess I have no idea what I'm doing!
Time for another beer deer or a moose goose!

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Better make it a whiskey, I've obviously had enough beer, hey, I ain't driv'in

From: FORUM STAFF To: tututkamen Sent: 07/24/2003 at 12:48 PM Message: A member of the forum staff has applauded your activity on the thread titled,HERE COMES TERROR.
Thank you for contributing to the quality of our forums. Keep up the good work.
Do not reply to this U2U.

Oh man I'm die'in and cry'in here in Exile from America

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join