It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost caught on this picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Found this pretty interesting. Its from a guy at a car forum i frequent. An apparent ghost is showing up on the right side.

Just wanted to see what you all thought

[QUOTE=Cole Austin]The other day my friend James showed me this picture. It was taken at an overlook on the blueridge parkway (The star). In the middle is my friends girl, the other 2 people are some of her friends.

Anyways there was nobody else at the overlook that night, they were alone. She gets home and uploads the picture and check out what is in the right side.....

Now at first I thought my friend was playing a joke on me... but I cant find any explination for it.... its a digital camera and defiently not a double exposure.

so here ya go, this is resized... the origional full size is the link below the image

(my friend requested that I blur faces.)
external image
www.directimagehost.com...

So I messed around with it in photoshop... and I got these. What do you think she is holding?? it looks like she is reading a book or something.

Can ANYBODY tell me what this could be? I can not think of a logical explination for it. Its so bizare how she is seethrough. and Judging by the lights in the background, the camera took a pic with the flash, then kept the shuder open for a split longer, cause of the blur... it would almost seem like only the flash picked up on the "ghost" is my only guess. If you notice she also seems to have a shadow?

[/QUOTE]

EDIT- i pasted his quote to save you a click.
Here is where i got it.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by miguel9]

[edit on 5-8-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
you ovesly have never seen a dobble exposer befor . That photo is a classice excample of one . and it quite possible it was not intenchional when you adavance the flim in 35 mil camras it can slip causing you to take another photo over one you have alreay taken .
i know I have done it and my results were about the same as that .
Ps that gost is wearing a realy nice broom skirt .
pss digatial camras are the wave of NOW lol. Never could get a good photo untill I bought one.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
you ovesly have never seen a dobble exposer befor . That photo is a classice excample of one . and it quite possible it was not intenchional when you adavance the flim in 35 mil camras it can slip causing you to take another photo over one you have alreay taken .
i know I have done it and my results were about the same as that .
Ps that gost is wearing a realy nice broom skirt .
pss digatial camras are the wave of NOW lol. Never could get a good photo untill I bought one.

If you had read the full story link you would have learned that it is a digital picture and not a double exposure from a film camera.

I have taken pictures like this before though and it looks as if this person was caught in the photo while running away from the frame.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Here's an example of a "Digital Ghost" grabbing a book from my grandson.

Please clicky linky.

i6.photobucket.com...

I received a request to resize the photo (I guess people still use 640X480 for desktop) so instead I removed the image tags.
This will prevent scrolling for 640X480 desktops.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i considered the possibility of the person in motion. the thing that gets me is that her whole body isn't really blurred, just the top half of her body seems to be almost invisible. it kind of looks like one of those new jackets in development with cameras on the back that portray the image behind the person onto the person, creating the illusion of invisibility.

the guy said they were alone up there, its of course possible he was wrong, but you'd think person taking the photo might have seen her, or if she was running that they may have heard her. given her proximity to those in the photo, she doesnt seem more than 10-15 ft away

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by miguel9
i considered the possibility of the person in motion. the thing that gets me is that her whole body isn't really blurred, just the top half of her body seems to be almost invisible. it kind of looks like one of those new jackets in development with cameras on the back that portray the image behind the person onto the person, creating the illusion of invisibility.

the guy said they were alone up there, its of course possible he was wrong, but you'd think person taking the photo might have seen her, or if she was running that they may have heard her. given her proximity to those in the photo, she doesnt seem more than 10-15 ft away

If you look at the photo I linked you will see that the arm is the only thing in motion. Many times I have taken photos and people that don't want to be in or belong in the picture will kinda make a forward lunge causing this effect. I too have been tricked by the pictures because I really wasn't paying attention to the person running out of the frame and this could explain why the person who took the above picture feels no one was there.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I found out something. There is a way that you can create your own "ghost" in a picture.

top topics

join