It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building a machine to contact the dead (CONTACT, as in conversation or view)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
yes i may hav mentioned this earlier....if not i should have.....there is actually an interesting bit on him on the White noise movie site. under timeline.

he is actually quoted saying,

“If our personality survives, then it is strictly logical or scientific to assume that it retains memory, intellect, other faculties, and knowledge that we acquire on this Earth. Therefore … if we can evolve an instrument so delicate as to be affected by our personality as it survives in the next life, such an instrument, when made available, ought to record something.”

Kinda wierd hearing that from the mouth of a great scientist who invented lots of real things we use today

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I had an idea, its a radio hooked up to a cathode ray tube fed directly into a tuning fork at the end.....directly parrallel to the tuning fork are UHF speakers, reverberating the tuning fork.....hanging directly above will be a microphone......

any thoughts....

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sirious, that's great for you. I don't really know how to respond to that, but I can tell you this - you've got one hell of a conversation killer if you ever go to a party!

Shadow, I don't know what you're reading from me, but I just want to know WHY you think this is even feasible? Is that so much to ask? Because, personally, I see no basis here whatsoever, and I see plenty of room for a lot of hokey, bad science to take place.

I eat bad science for breakfast.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Sirious, that's great for you. I don't really know how to respond to that, but I can tell you this - you've got one hell of a conversation killer if you ever go to a party!

Armory, you do not share by belief system on anything I post.
May I ask what you do believe in?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
OK so i found the device thomas edison was working on, and apparently bell laboratories (
theres nothing on there site about bell, but a load of EVP websites say they built it)

just type in "Spiricom" in google and you'll find it. The official report is Edison never finished it, ironically taking the tech to his grave. the unofficial report however states that both parties completed the device and were either scared the bejesus out of, and/or for one reason or another destroyed the evidence of the device.

There is however one website which i will post in a second which thinks they have uncovered the device.....dont know whether its fake....doesnt look very proffessional.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Amorymeltzer so what if it doesnt work. it isnt like im putting years of work into the concept when its gunna fail. Its just for fun. if i built it and it work then WAHOO and twud be scary etc etc etc......but if it doesnt ill still have had fun making something....ill probly just use it as a coffee table

The spiricom thing.....i suppose does seem slightly credible, although like most things id have to see (or hear) it for myself

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

I believe that ignorance of the law is not a defence - and I'm quoting a New York City judge on that one.

I don't believe so much as know. I'm willing to take somethings on belief (like the fact that thermite is awesome or that I'm made of carbon) because of sheer, overwhelming fact and support. Mostly, however, I know. I take what I see, hear, read, what I observe and apply that. In my world, people are dead. A method for contacting the dead has no place because it's a physical impossibility. In short, I believe in proof, in theory, and in science.

Originally posted by Shadow88
Amorymeltzer so what if it doesnt work. it isnt like im putting years of work into the concept when its gunna fail. Its just for fun. if i built it and it work then WAHOO and twud be scary etc etc etc......but if it doesnt ill still have had fun making something....ill probly just use it as a coffee table

Never did I say anything about whether it would work or not - that I don't care about. I still want to know WHY you think there's a chance something could work, and you still haven't answered that.

Tens of thousands of hours spent over 25 years by hundreds of EVP (electronic voice phenomenon) researchers in Europe have clearly shown that some form of supplemental energy must be utilized to permit even individual words or short phrases to reach a level of audibility detectable even by a researcher with a highly acute sense of hearing.

I find that to be very funny and very enlightening.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ive already said over and over......whatever causes ouijja boards, siances etc. (INCLUDING the viarable of faking it) might not be the "dead". It may be species of creature that lives outside our visible spectrum of reality or a parallel dimension.....these are all WILD guesses to explain what might cause the whole paranormal phenomena, but for simplicities sake we are just calling them "the dead" or "ghosts" or watever.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Oh i reread your question amorymeltzer ye i get what you wer askin me now.

i am trying not to be biased. (even if perhaps i hav come off as it). I do not believe, or disbelieve this whole thing, i am merely interested. interested enough and curious enough to want to put further study into this field of work.

Im not trying to prove or disprove anything or trying to sway yur beliefs. you, of course are 100% free to believe what you like! i am just trying to understand what is going on.

My hypothesis: if one were to discern the exact cause of paranormal activity, or the physical force in the universe that creates the phenomena, it is logical to assume that if one had the capabilities to, he would be able to amplify the cause, subsequently amplifying the affect. (for example: if it were electromagnetic fields causing the phenomena - which im not saying it is - one would simply have to amplify, in the correct way, the electromagnetic field, and thus gain stronger outputs

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
i am trying not to be biased.

Well, that's quite admirable. Thank you.

Although I still say you can't do it.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is a Spiricom soundfile although im sceptical (very) since to be honest if it were this sophisticated we'd have heard about it.

its weird to listen to even so as its speaking casually, only with no expression as its a digital voice.....

[edit on 15-5-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Errr amorymeltzer......this is for "skeptics and realists.....

For skeptics and realists

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
this however is very freaky by the same guy

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

I believe that ignorance of the law is not a defence - and I'm quoting a New York City judge on that one.

I don't believe so much as know. I'm willing to take somethings on belief (like the fact that thermite is awesome or that I'm made of carbon) because of sheer, overwhelming fact and support. Mostly, however, I know. I take what I see, hear, read, what I observe and apply that. In my world, people are dead. A method for contacting the dead has no place because it's a physical impossibility. In short, I believe in proof, in theory, and in science.

I am so happy for you truly! I do not ~know! if I will take my next breath or live another day.
How comforted you must be by knowing quarks and various string theories? You are in for a big suprpise, my friend once you leave here..and see there is not chaos but precise order...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A small stray from topic.

But lately I've been trying to do EVP on my computer. I downloaded this white noise generator off a website that you use to create the background "carrier" that "ghosts/etc" will use to speak. And then using computer mic recorded for about 10 mins while asking questions.

But so far I'm having 0 luck. Unless there are no "ghosts" around me. Or the computer would be the wrong recording device to pick this up. I've been very interested in trying to get any type of success on my own. It's a very interesting topic though.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Dont use a digital device to record it silly
digital is all about set levels etc it works in 0's and 1's. it aint guna pick up random static.....and possibly voices. use an analog device like a tape recorder....then also if you get really obsessed you can build SPIRICOM, save me the trouble....lol!!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

How comforted you must be by knowing quarks and various string theories? You are in for a big suprpise, my friend once you leave here..and see there is not chaos but precise order...

There is nothing more orderly than the behavior of quarks and strings.
And, it all depends on what you know. I *know* that I don't know plenty of things, that's far more valuable.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   

use an analog device like a tape recorder....then also if you get really obsessed you can build SPIRICOM, save me the trouble....lol!!

I guess I'll try that. For the computer method I was mainly going by this site.
www.stefanbion.de...

But no luck using any of that.

Time to find me an old cassette recorder

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
But......
....thts to make fake EVP????

LOL amorymeltzer u really cant let this go can u?
just kidding

sigh i used a tape recorder for about 10 hours.....nothing came up, i think its like i said, i will definately need something more powerful if i want to get conclusive evidence (or any evince for tht matter) one way or another

new topics

<< 1   >>

join