It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building a machine to contact the dead (CONTACT, as in conversation or view)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Id first like to say that i truly believe that, in this context, their is something out there, something we do not yet understand. (perhaps a little biased...but who cares
)

maybe its not "ghosts" per se, but whether its the "dead", another dimension, echos of past souls, heaven, hell, whatever scientific or "paranormal" theory or explanation - whether you're a sceptic or not -

(and in this thread can we for a moment get rid of our obvious scepticism or prejudices surrounding the topic and look at this from a purely scientific standpoint)

bottom line is there is either some type of phenomena that we do not understand or there is a being entity, or lifeform that is aware of us and is able to intact or affect us.

I know there is about 80% garbage surrounding this topic (hoaxes, frauds etc) but can we filter that out for a sec.

I want to build, not JUST talk about building one, i want to build a device that can amplify whatever causes this phenomena, in an effort to "bridge the gap" so to speak.

Any leads...anyone else doing this.....there is basically next to none or not enough scientific research going into this field of work as most people just laugh and dubb it "paranormal".

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla HAD invented a machine to contact the spirit world, but as soon as he died, the gov't confiscated ALL he had in his dwellings..
He was much of an unknown genius, unknown, thanks to the PTB.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Science is about being skeptic regarding unproven phenomena that never repeat itself when someone is waching carfully. The only real prerequesit science demands is that a phenomena would be real enough to examin.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
very interesting siriuslyone i had no idea they did that to Tesla...any more info on that (AND HIS INVENTIONS) would be a good side topic.

Obviously Parmenides yes there is little to go on but if you think that is entirely the point, EVP in its self when recorded is unbelevably faint, so of course its not much to go on.

hopefully once i work out a way to amplify the phenomena, or at least interact more constructively, the scientists wil have more hard data to go on!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
>>very interesting siriuslyone i had no idea they did that to Tesla...any more info on that (AND HIS INVENTIONS) would be a good side topic.>>

Just do a search on Tesla and his machines, he did a lot with weather control, etc..
I will try to find a source on how they confiscated all his work if I can.
Here is a good link to start with..

www.stoptellingustobe.com...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Why do you believe this? What reason do you have to think that there are echos of past lives that you can contact? And, more importantly, what could possible achieve this?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Why do you believe this? What reason do you have to think that there are echos of past lives that you can contact? And, more importantly, what could possible achieve this?

If you are talking to me, I have been to all my past lives, and even researched the one that was in the Civil War in new Orleans, and we found this person did indeed exist and the names and dates she gave were correct....one life cannot be enough to gain the wisdom to look upon the faces of the Universal Masters,,IMO
If you were not addressing me, this is my 2 cents..;]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
And a PPS, no I had not read abuut her nor never heard that name.
It was an abscure family whose only claim to fame is they payed the Yanks not to burn their plantation.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Amorymeltzer tht is just one of the theories as to what EVP realli is

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
All it takes is a verifiable, repeatable experimat. Case studies are not enough because external influence wasn't neutralized in advance.

Regardless, if mysterious sounds will be recorded that is enough for a study, because that IS a verifiable, repeatable experimat. However, what do you want to record?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Amorymeltzer tht is just one of the theories as to what EVP realli is

Ok, but still doesn't answer why. I just want to know why you think any of this is worthwhile.

Thanks for responding sirius, I, uh, had no idea. Would you mind sharing a few details?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
o rite.....well.......i have free time......i am fairly knowledgable and interested in the subject so i thought, "i am sick of there being no proof!
if there truly is something out there then lets research into building a super dupa tlk-2-ghost machine thingy, Y not!"
instead of wasting time with siances and ouijja boards which yea there spooky and all i guess but they suck for proof....

um...tht help?

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Not really.

I want to know why you feel we can contruct a machine that can allow us to communicate with inanimate beings. To get them to talk again would require ressurrection. OR, we could 'talk' with spirits, but what of them? Why should they even exist?

I want to know WHY you think it is even remotely possible. What does "fairly knowledgable" mean? What evidence is there for anyone to think any of this is anything beyond laughable?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Shadow,

First, you should start a private board community and then invite whoever you think fits what you want. ( a good start might be the firsts who answered you in this thread)
Prepare the ground for now.
Look for proper nickname. I have discover that nicks might reveal things about ourselves since it was choosen subconciously. Look for intentions.

Laters

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Desmond]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
there is a technique to talk to the dead and see into past and future events it involves a mirror a dark room and a small amount of light.

here's a link.

Bandit: Fixed the link

[edit on 9-5-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Amorymeltzer once again you have taken what ive said literally and in the wrong context.

I dont want to contact dead bodies.....i dont even know whether EVP, ouijja boards are people who past-away. How could i know! we wouldnt be having this conversation if i knew what was making these noises....making tables shake in siances etc...

perhaps they are "ghosts"......perhaps they are a life form we do not yet understand...that is what i want to find out!

(i would think most people here are fairly knowledgeble about the topic and interested, otherwise why would they post! unless they wana critisize....)

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Shadow, here's something:

Maybe we're all already dead. The Net is your contact medium with dead Selves.

What do you think?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
>>Thanks for responding sirius, I, uh, had no idea. Would you mind sharing a few details?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What a compelling story....i love these kind

Anyhoo......so are we going to build the damn thing or not (the topic of the post if u forgot - otherwise theyll just move this post to chit chat or sumat stupid) I WANA TLK 2 SPIRITS!!! WAHOO

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Tomas Edison was supposivly working on a phone or something to comunicate with the dead, but I dont think he ever finished it...

I read this in a ghost book here in the pittsburgh area, where he got the idea by getting the crap scared outta him somewhere over on the nothside of town.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join