It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where will humans be in the next 500 years! Next to aliens.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Humans have come a long way. But what about the future. To me it looks bleek.

All posts are welcome! So feel free to say what you like. Im intersested in where the emtions are coming from. (And it gives me more replies!)

Aliens are a great topic to discuss about, I wonder how many races there are out there. Will humans class aliens the same as ourselves.

Do we class us as the same as aliens, or are we the aliens?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I believe sometime in the future we will become aware of a "universal community" so to speak.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think ETs are here, and I think they will come out and admit they're here at some point just to warn us about the continual consuming of our finite natural resources and the problems this creates for us. However I think thats all they will do. Humanity won't pay attention and won't stop its consumption of nature and there will be an eventual tragic culling of the earth where most humans and animals simply starve to death in the not too distant future.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oh, this is a easy one, even if you are not smart you should be about to know what will happen.

The answer is

We be all dead, earth will be a waste land there will be nuclear winter

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Gloomy folks.

We will leave this Planet eventually, spread outward as far as we can reach. I hope it will be because we simply choose to explore and colonize but we might have no other choice. Every Country that has not yet will, in their own unique way of course, follow the path America has blazed. And unless every single one of them does it much better than we did... human life on this Planet will be in big trouble.

A.T
(-)

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Unless we don't end up killing ourselves off this planet, I believe in the next 500 years, we will become peaceful beings of light. We will become closer to GOD, we will become spiritually elighntened.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I agree with the rest we will be dead if we dont wise up.

We consume our natural resources we polute our home we kill off species......not looking good for us we bount to kill our selfs off.

All it will take is one mad terrorist/dictator to send a nuke to USA or any other Nuclear power and they will start flying around hitting everything. If the blast dont get us the rest of us will die off with radiation sickness.

To become enlightened/Peaceful everyone will have to have same beliefs the same mind basically which will never happen humans are not all the same we are greedy power hungry culture. These trates in a way help us grow becoming more technology awear but it can also be our downfall.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
CHECK THIS OUT I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by minority2000uk
I agree with the rest we will be dead if we dont wise up.

All it will take is one mad terrorist/dictator to send a nuke to USA or any other Nuclear power and they will start flying around hitting everything. If the blast dont get us the rest of us will die off with radiation sickness.

I really hope none of this happens, it would be horrible

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think we'll either kill ourselves off in one huge final war, which quite possibly could be starting now, so nevermind 500yrs lets see what happens in 5! But if we do somehow survive it'd be good to go colonize other planets. Perhaps each country on earth could their own planet...that'd be kinda awesome!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
! But if we do somehow survive it'd be good to go colonize other planets.

I think we will need to take care of this planet first before we go out and colonize another one.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
! But if we do somehow survive it'd be good to go colonize other planets.

I think we will need to take care of this planet first before we go out and colonize another one.

yep, we need to take care of this planet first before we go out and destory another planet we called new earth

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
Oh, this is a easy one, even if you are not smart you should be about to know what will happen.

The answer is

We be all dead, earth will be a waste land there will be nuclear winter

Its not to late...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
500 years is not a very long time, I don't think things will be to much different. The biggest changes will probably be 1)End to major conflicts around the world. 2)Permanant colonies on the Moon and Mars. 3)Mass exploration and explotation of resources throughout the rest of the solar system. And of course the technology of the time will be much more advanced that goes without saying I guess.

As for Aliens, I would love to believe that within the next 500 years we would have some unequivacol proof of their existence but I am also skeptical. I think for the amount of time they have been around and their is still no proof of their existence should say something. I really hope for something to happen in my lifetime but thats a pipedream.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
I believe in the next 500 years, we will become peaceful beings of light. We will become closer to GOD, we will become spiritually elighntened.

I hope so my brother. This is the only way. The real question is : Will the human being wake up by himself ? Considering what is happening in the world today, that seems compromised. At least it will take time. Or will we have an awakening help from extraterrestrials ?

[edit on 8/5/2005 by Musclor]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
500 years IS a long time, think of how we were living in 1500. Someone from that time wouldnt even be able to comprehend our lifestyles today. The pace that we are developing new technologies at is also much faster than it was back then.

Ultimately though I tend to side with the pessimists. The only way we could colonize other planets would be if we suddenly diverted all of our resources from fighting wars and gave it to NASA and other foreign space agencies. We will never make quick progress in space travel as long as it remains at the end of our list of priorities. In any case we are certainly not on the right track.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I still have hope for us Humans. If we think positive, things might just get better.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here, I must agree with ulshadow. Unless humanity shows a stronger will to fix its current problems I don't see a very bright future. Especially with the recent rumors of Korea beginning a worldwide nuclear war with it's Nuclear test, I must say that in 500 years humanity has a high chance of destroying itself.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telly
500 years IS a long time, think of how we were living in 1500. Someone from that time wouldnt even be able to comprehend our lifestyles today. The pace that we are developing new technologies at is also much faster than it was back then.

Ultimately though I tend to side with the pessimists. The only way we could colonize other planets would be if we suddenly diverted all of our resources from fighting wars and gave it to NASA and other foreign space agencies. We will never make quick progress in space travel as long as it remains at the end of our list of priorities. In any case we are certainly not on the right track.

Let me explain better, I agree with you about the technology as I stated in my first response.

I am referring to 500 years not being a very long time on the grand scale of things. I do think however once we start to colonize space we will gradually undergo another transformation in evolutionary terms. Probably we will see little changes in our apperance over the next 200,000 years. Basically I think space travel and occupation will be a major catalyst for our next evolutionary changes. So if you think about it like that 500 years is a short amount of time. It's all in ones perspective.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't know where the rest of the world will be, but I know that I will be at the beach sippin a pina colada, and liven the life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join