It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: The Secret Behind Blair's Wars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Labour has done so many good things......like send your loved ones to a needless, unecessary war. And obvioulsy lie about it. Sounds like a lot of greatness to me. Crime rates that are increasingly higher than the US's (with gun control) and a healthcare system that currently works (okay) but is obviously unsustainable and completely outdated....hardly a good thing. I won't die on a waiting list, no matter how poor I am.

The only thing I can't understand is that American conservatives would absolutely never support a war started by a Democrat, yet blindly follow this one. Britons are as selfish as Americans apparently (Labour is great, huh?). Keep your healthcare for a while, your sons will need it when they come home from our needless war. Why is it needless? Because a dozen rulers worldwide are worse than Saddam, or at least on par. Fortunately there's nothing in Africa for us.

Hopefully you guys join the EU 100% so your currency will be worth half of what it is now and your sovereignty won't mean a damn thing. Good luck with that, Tony. You earned re-election.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The issue of the UK's ageing Tirdent nuclear missiles is causing a bit of a stir in the British parliament at the moment, with many of Blair's own Labour Party MPs disgruntled at Blair's avoidance of the question as to whether or not the issue will be put to vote. At this stage he is simply stating that the issue will be "debated".

Labour fury as Blair fails to guarantee Trident vote

Labour MPs reacted furiously yesterday after Tony Blair refused to guarantee them a vote on whether to replace Trident with a new generation of nuclear weapons at a cost to taxpayers of up to £20 billion.

Mr Blair made clear during Prime Minister's Questions that he was in favour of updating Trident and told MPs that a decision would probably be needed in the current Parliament.

But he caused dismay on the Labour back benches by indicating that the decision would be taken over the heads of MPs. Last night a group of anti-nuclear Labour MPs was pushing for the parliamentary party to stage its own emergency vote on Trident at a meeting later this month in a move that could split the party.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The triumvirate of the US, Oz, and the UK are all having a few troubles at the top it seems.

There's mutinies afoot! ARrrrr!

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It actually split the party before and Blair was fairly "anti" Nuclear weapons...

Anyone see Mr. D. Cameron getting an easy ride out of this as we see another split in the Labour party? Oh how the "powers that be" love to play games with us.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
The only thing I can't understand is that American conservatives would absolutely never support a war started by a Democrat, yet blindly follow this one.

I may be wrong but wasn't Vietnam started by Kennedy(D) and continued by the following administrations?

If so, I hope the reverse doesn't happen here.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I may be wrong but wasn't Vietnam started by Kennedy(D) and continued by the following administrations?

The first US involvement started with (gasp) Truman supporting the French cowards followed by IKE who also supported the French cowards, then Kennedy etc.

[edit on 10/21/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
The first US involvement started with (gasp) Truman supporting the French cowards followed by IKE who also supported the French cowards, then Kennedy etc.

I find that offensive shots, theres no place for abuse on ATSNN. Can you please remove them.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
I find that offensive shots, theres no place for abuse on ATSNN. Can you please remove them.

As you have said to others save your outrage, I am not about to be intimidated. I too find many of your remarks about the US offensive, would you remove those remarks if asked? No of course you wouldn't.

My apologies to WIP for drifting OT for a minute.

[edit on 10/22/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If you see me insulting the citizens of the United States in their entirety I emplore you to pull me up on it. That being said my dislike of the United States extends to the current administration only. I wasnt outraged at your anti-French remark, im British what do I really care, but I did find it offensive and you were breaking the T&C of this site.

Edit: My mistake, I overestimated some one

[edit on 22/10/05 by subz]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join