It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "matrix-like" way of Super memory (eliminates School?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Such a device was conveived of in the science fiction of Doc Smith, nearly a hundred years ago. The writers of the matrix probably lifted it from his books, much like the Green Lanterns are lifted from other books of his, and much like Lucas got his basic ideas for the Jedi and Star Wars from him.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One might get "Caucasian Overload", to quote Undercover Brother....

Seriously though, the bigger part of learning isn't the facts that are retained, but the WAY in which we USE such information. And the PROCESS by which we learn, deduce, and intuit things, cannot just be downloaded, it must come from experience..... Knowledge could be gained in such a way, but Wisdom takes time.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It would be very easy to manipulate the information being taught and do some social engineering unlike anything (except for religion in my opinion) we've seen before, I mean with in mere generations you can completely wipe out complete sections of history, the holocaust and WWII could be completely erased from a complete generation. You can have people believing what ever you want and raise a complete generations of die hard loyalist to whatever philosophy good or bad that you would like to impose on them.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
an accutal exparement along these lines was conducted once.
scientest took three groups of high school kids and told one group to pratice playing basketball told another group to IMMANGE practing basketball .Told the third group to just do what ever they normaly do.
well after a week the scientest had the three groups come back ann the results of this exparement were cool.
the first group told to pratice playing basketball got 24% better the second group told to just IMMANGE praticing playing BB got 23% better the third group told to do what ever showed no improvment.
The morel to this is theres little difference to your brain as to weather you immange doing something or accutly do it.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is definitely an intriguing concept that can be pursued and experimented. Mostly, I think, because the brain is so poorly understood; the list of brain phenomena is miles long.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If you think about it, it would just be the same as if you went to school....were told the information over and over and over until you remember it....just you would be told it once (possibly told a lot realy fast) and remember it. how you interprit the information and what you do with it will still be the same....

the main point being that you learn things faster....

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think this technology would be an amazing aid and unlike anything else we've had invented in human history. Imagine if you could learn like in the matrix movies or battlefield earth movie, but I have a bone to pick with who writes the books. I mean everything is subjective and while we already have a winners writes history, the amount of time it takes to assimilate information currently gives us enough time to question and doubt what is being taught to us ( at least the thinkers amongst us, the sheep are hopeless in my mind). But this kind of technology at it's best could download an entire book into your head in a day. Would it be the American independence (US history) or Rebellion of the Americas (UK), would we be taught the holocaust or some Zionist fabrication? I mean you can change the curriculum and have kids thinking that anybody that any body who is of X beliefs/nationality/Political is evil and out to destroy you and what do you think those kids are going to grow up believe. This would be the most effective form of social engineering since the implementation of organize religion. I don’t know, I see such great potential for knowledge from this technology but my paranoia would get the better of me, especially with how easy it would be to subvert this tech to one’s Ideological beliefs and this is basically be like programming an hard drive, they would have the full control of the information that would go into some one’s head.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I proposed in my own thread that we should design High School courses for the PS2. I wonder if Ubisoft or SquareOne would take us up on this idea? Using your approach, and their software. (Anyone can design the headset.) I really think this can be done.

The BIG problem is this: Which parents are going to allow their kids to become, literally instead of figuratively, hypnotized by their gaming system, even if it IS for their own good?

BTW, you might want to move this thread to the Education and Media group. Just a thought.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
you would really have to market it very carefully....you can imagine the second they hear hypnotise my child they switch off immediately. it would take a lot of work to comile the data...although it would probably only need the data in text form and an artificial voice programme

top topics

<< 1   >>

join