It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
One idea here on chips. Why not? To a certain age!

Think about it, when born get one put in(I don't know, not a doctor) so if the kid dissapears, go to police they turn on whatever, beep beep beep, your kid is here. But once you become an adult(18) have the choice of removing it. If you decide to, government or whoever is in control at the time pays for it's removal, and no longer have it. Decide to keep it for just in case situation? Ok, leave it.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I will not argue that there could be some benefits to implanting chips in children. However, I definitely feel that it runs against several rights and freedoms that we all enjoy. Who will regulate how these chips are used. They could be great for gathering data for amrketing companies, think of how they have abused our e-mail with SPAM. I don't think there is a government currently in existence with the ethical back bone required for such a project.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
on simply bugging my teen's cellphone (or whatever we'll have by then...)
Anything happens, I'll track them down real quick, hehe...

However, I definitely feel that it runs against several rights and freedoms that we all enjoy

Rights? Hehe...a kid's rights are strictly limited while being raised, imho.... There's too much of this warm/fuzzy crap today as it is. Due to the fact that a majority of kids today are raised by pathetic parents, you have too many punks in the world today....

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The truth is, we don't even know what they will put in the chips they're putting into us.

What if they put in a self-destruct mechanism that some fool who doesnt even know us can press a little red button and we'll die within 24 hours?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I agree with you Ill. Honestly, if parents were doing there jobs they would know where their kids were anyway.

Gaz: it's true kid's rights are restricted, but should they be forced to be implanted with chips because their parents are unable to keep track of them.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That's a sick twisted disgusting idea. Who do you work for James? The government! Already planting seeds Satan?

Hopefully people like you won't ever have kids.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Total, I hope the same thing.

No, the government would say here is a chip, in for life. I suggest once an adult and can think for oneself, should have the choice to remove it.

But think about the benifits. Child kidnapped? Here it is. Kid goes missing? Oops, fell down the well.(Would have saved Lassie a lot of running)

How would marketers use the info if only police/other law enforcment have the tech to track you? Also help catch juvenile deliquents.(sp?)

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Total, I hope the same thing.

Don't worry, I decided long ago not to have children in a world full of demons like yourself.

No, the government would say here is a chip, in for life. I suggest once an adult and can think for oneself, should have the choice to remove it.

No, you're wrong. The government doesn't operate like that because it would be detrimental to their operation. They do as you're doing. They work in slow in increments trying to influence the mass on an idea so that they can later add, change or abuse what has been accepted my the masses. If you think for a second those chips wouldn't be used for tracking people and controlling them guess again.

But think about the benifits. Child kidnapped? Here it is. Kid goes missing? Oops, fell down the well.(Would have saved Lassie a lot of running)

Sorry kid, but the negatives far out weigh any positives that could come about something like this.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
one problem that popped into my head as soon as i read the first post was "well what if the government passes some crazy bill outlawing the removal based on a BS nonsense reason that people HAVE to keep the chip because of "national security reasons" and that it would help to track felons and other bad guys so everyone has to keep them?"

these idiots who keep using themselves as test subjects for these chips are giving the wrong people with power an excuse to use them for bad purposes.

pets are one thing but i'll risk my child being kidnapped if it'll help make sure all americans keep their rights to privacy. the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

i may be paranoid but at least my paranoia will help keep me free. better to be safe than sorry, and i'm not taking any chances.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
As I wrote it before, such an argument ( the kids ) is completely stupid ! A kidnaper will just have to remove the chip or jam the signal, so the " kids argument " is pointless AND ABSURD !

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Mr. President, what if the chip was in say, the liver?(I don't know where to put it, no doctor here) where you couldn't remove it without help from a doctor? And, how many child molestors do you know of that carry or can find or build a transmittor disruptor? Unless they are really smart, not going to happen.

Second, not just children being kidnapped. Lost in the woods, fell down the well, a juvenile deliquent, so forth. And also, they already have tracking devices for convicts. Those little collar/bracelet things. But even then, if you did use it on them, well, would be a hell of a lot easier to keep track of criminals, now wouldn't it?

Third, congress passing a law saying have to keep it forever. Highly doubt it. If they did then you would probably see more midwife jobs and home births. That way your kid wouldn't have to get the chip put in.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Dear Big Brother...AKA James the Lesser

First, child molesters rarely care much for those they kidnap. Sure they'll cut it out and have their way with our children and leave them to die.

Second, would you personally like to be the ginuea pig for this project. All of your rights and freedoms are right out the window as soon as you're implanted/collared. You'll be the coolest pet on the block though.

Third, if they could pass the law to have people implanted they can pass a law making it illegal to have home births. I'm not saying this will happen, but I also think people would rather not have their children implanted and give birth in hospitals.

there are just far too many things wrong with this idea. It will never fly with the public unless it is imposed upon them.

The benefits you list for such technology are highly flawed.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I do not think James the Lesser like that ship idea.
But I'm pretty sure he like to contradict us. Isn't it James ?

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Alright, fine, I give up!!!!!!! Sorry Mr. President, but I give up. I just thought it would be a good idea to help keep track of kids. But if you are so worried about NWO and aliens and marketers abusing this technology, then I will stop on this. Oh well, NWO will probably do it anyways, it's just they won't be telling us.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Exactly, so why would we help them along?

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The only possible good I can see in it is not having to have money with you on the lake. When you get out of your boat to go and get a hot dog all you need is you, no paper money to keep dry. Or, lost in the ocean. If that hasn't been mentioned. The criminals would probably quickly get a way to manipulate the system for thier own benefits though. A cashless society would also stop all the thief criminals from holding back the tax money that is rightfully uncle Sam's.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lukefj

Some parents sell their own children to slavery to make a buck, then the parents throw pitty parties to lift themself on a pedastal. Death is awake and wont go back to sleep!

new topics

top topics

join