It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 of the most believable prophecies i know of.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I watched this really freaky tv programme on sky one about bible conspiracies saying that there are secret codes within the bible and that they have all come true. It was said that there would be a big nuclear war and that it would in essence destroy the world. However there is also another prophecy and that is the christian rapture in which jesus will come to earth and in less than a second all the righteous people will be swept off to heaven. Myself being an athiast am skeptical about this but scares me none the less in the slightest possibility that this may happen. However this prophecy of which tim lahaye and jerry b jenkins went into great detail with in a series of books named left behind some what contradicts the code 'found' in the bible by some other person as to the extent that the nuclear war can't happen at the same time.
Sorry if you didn't understand a word of that but it makes a lot of sense to me.
KRIS

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Look here for a list of bible code prophesies: www.exodus2006.com

There's as many different topics as you could want, I think they even got Elvis covered.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It would help a bit in clarifying what you're talking about kris....

As far as the Left Behind series, it's nothing more than a fictional story on their take of how everything goes down at the end. Everyone has their own views on how everything will happen. What they wrote wasn't "prophecy", just fiction.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kris
christian rapture in which jesus will come to earth and in less than a second all the righteous people will be swept off to heaven.

This escapist theology was invented in the 1800's.
It's relatively new and only bought into by hard-core
fundamentalists who don't know the history of the
'doctrine'. Once people know when it was invented
and by whom ... they usually dismiss rapture escapist
theology.

www.catholic.com...
www.catholic.com...

[edit on 5/7/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
ThatsJustWeird - I was under the impression that Tim Lahaye was considered a 'prophet' although i didn't know that the rapture theory originated in the 1800's.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Tv series just began here in oz called "the davinci code" has anyone seen it?
ive seen threads about it here before but onlyjust began watching. as a show its a bit slow. frustrating.
can someone give me a rough run down please?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hi Kris and everyone else in this discussion,

I am one of Jesus' believers and I have been studying end-time prophesy for quite a while and working through the Bible put it all together. I am not
coming to you from the point of "I am right". I am just a beggar trying to show other people where to find food and find the truth. I don't take certain positions that the Church likes to argue about since I am not sure about those. I only take on positions with people after researching those topics in which confusion over the issue will cost people their lives in the future. It is lives and souls of people I am interested in saving.

I came to understand very clearly that the "Left Behind" series are just finctional stories and their premises like a pre-tribulation rapture are not right. I do not think that Tim LeHaye is a prophet, but perhaps a false prophet, of which there are many in this day and age.

The Lord Jesus had given me some dreams in 2003 which I did not understand but wrote down at the time. As I researched prophecy, it turned out that the dreams would serve as confirming signs to know the person whom would serve as a resource for me when I discovered his teaching materials. This is the way that people were validated to others in the book of Acts and the Epistles.

I know that David Eells speaks the truth about the end times. I had some very specific prophetic dreams that I later found by chance on his website www.americaslastdays.com. The exact same dreams confirming by the Holy Spirit that David teaches the truth.

The MP3 audio files that David produces and distributes on his site free of charge have made the Word of God alive to me as no other source ever has. They speak to end time events, the sovereignty of God, the foreshadowings and allusions to later events in old and new testament books. The sum total of the work that the Lord has given to David point to a level of engineering of the Word far beyond what we can conceive.

I recommend to everyone to spend their time listening to David's MP3 files and stopping the playback at each Bible verse and read it in context after asking the Lord to guide you into all truth, to teach you the truth in all things. You will be amazed as the Word opens up to you as never before over time. It is flat amazing to me. David has no theological degrees and will be the first to tell you that God uses those considered foolish to confound the wise and degreed, an entirely scriptural concept.

You must have insight from the Holy Spirit to understand the spiritual dimensions and God's perspective, not man's perspective, in order to comprehend the meaning of the prophetic books. The Bibleitself makes clear that it is the glory of God to hide a matter and the glory of kings to search it out. Much of the prophetic word is in parable such that only the Holy Spirit can make it clear to you. The allusions, references, foreshadowings span just about every book of the Bible.

The likely timeframe for the great tribulation is within the next 10 years so now is the time to learn the truth. Don't wait. Start studying the Word daily! It could start as early as 2006 and run to 2013. I have certainly sensed a tension that is like the calm before the storm in the world.

I tell you this, China and Russia are preparing to make war with the US. In the final military preparation stages, in order to cover up the reasons for what will be obvious satellite reconnaisance verification of massive military buildups, they will make a ploy to have grievances between the two and start trying to intimidate each other. That will be a ploy to finish their buildup without alarming the American public and to try to fool the US government. This is from the Lord, not any intelligence agency.

It is so complex to write out all of the justiifications from God's word and the fastest thing I can do is to point you to David Eells MP3 files on www.americaslastdays.com. David's E-book "Hidden Manna for the End Times" is an excellent book which does a fantastic job of laying it all out scripturally for you. It's all free!

Again, I am concerned about telling this and leading to the truth any who are really searching. The Bible speaks of those who will be WILLINGLY ignorant about Jesus and His eternal plan and my mission is not to try to convince such people. But you folks in this thread seem genuinely searching so I felt I should write this.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
LaHaye is nothing of a prophet. Prophets would not stand to make money off of a God-given word. For that matter, neither should pastors and the like. Preachers and prophets are not to ask for money, but are to be provided for by the congregation.

There is no Biblical basis for a "pre-trib rapture", as it is called. The word "rapture" is never used in the Bible either, but we will rise to meet Jesus in the air when he returns.

As for Bible codes, the jury is still out on that, as far as I'm concerned...
I believe that it is possible that these codes exist, but I question whether or not they are truely understood or implemented correctly.

By the way, menagerie, I have been to Eells' site and have read much of it. I concur that he seems to have a firm grasp of the Word and have suggested the site to any who would listen long enough to me. I find it VERY comforting to know that there are others of like mind on these forums. Edification of the spirit is a must in these times...

[edit on 9-5-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thank you, Badmojo. May God bless you in all things.

There you have it, Kris and others. The Bible is clear that, in the mouths of two of His witnesses, God's word is confirmed.

It is nice to see others have recognized and had confirmed that there is a site people can look to get at the truth. Many people do not WANT to know. There is something in our culture that says it is great to be a "searcher" of the truth, but it is never OK to claim to have found it.
Please don't fall prey to that notion.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Again managerie? I think we got it.

btw,

The Lord Jesus had given me some dreams in 2003 which I did not understand but wrote down at the time.

Care to share these dreams?
Or are they on the site? If so, under what heading?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No where in the bible does it say anything about a "rapture". That entire concept was something born again christains made up.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by managerie
Hi Kris and everyone else in this discussion,

I recommend to everyone to spend their time listening to David's MP3 files and stopping the playback at each Bible verse and read it in context after asking the Lord to guide you into all truth, to teach you the truth in all things. You will be amazed as the Word opens up to you as never before over time. It is flat amazing to me. David has no theological degrees and will be the first to tell you that God uses those considered foolish to confound the wise and degreed, an entirely scriptural concept.

You must have insight from the Holy Spirit to understand the spiritual dimensions and God's perspective, not man's perspective, in order to comprehend the meaning of the prophetic books. The Bibleitself makes clear that it is the glory of God to hide a matter and the glory of kings to search it out. Much of the prophetic word is in parable such that only the Holy Spirit can make it clear to you. The allusions, references, foreshadowings span just about every book of the Bible.

consider this viewpoint from one who might be considered the "Loyal Opposition"

there are a lot of controversial stances in all those underscored & highlighted ideas..from your message

and they all generally revolve around being 'programmed' or 'indoctrinated'
as some may see it , in a cultist thoughtscape,

?your post suggests; only by completely 'immersing' onesself in the material(NT & OT scripture?)...can one then expect an 'enlightning-Holy Spirit' to bestow upon the petitioner more deeper and correct & truthfull, insights & Epiphanies.

another view could also hold those techniques/ protocols you have posted are close to being in a state of
(or directly causing) a self-induced 'Self-Hypnosis'
~~~

ciao

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There are many instances in the Bible where God used nonbelievers to deliver His Word. David interpretted dreams for a king. God would give the dreams to him (I am ashamed that I don't remember the name
) and the Holy Spirit would give David the meaning of the dream. God's Word is ALIVE, so it does not necessarily require intense research on one's part. The Holy Spirit may manifest itself in any manner it so chooses...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As for the Holy Spirit and God spreading [his] word through non-believers by means of dreams is something I can contess (agree) to. This is brought about by the experience I have had and continue to have (maybe tonight even) with my vivid[=]lucid dreams. And the fact that most of them are indeed precognative (predicting the future, far and near) in nature. Some of the past dreams I have had that deal with the future have been big worldly [catastrophic] events. The biggest, more recent and known one is 9/11. 4 days before then I had a powerful dream of warning. A year or so form the September I had similar dreams. Not until September 11th did I finally realize what they meant. Plus I think living 10 minutes outside of NYC (New Jersey) helped a bit with my abilities to potentially predict the future through my dreams.

For the most part, to be prophetic is a mere state of awareness that doesn't determine or conclude one being 'ONE' with God as a Being, but ONE [You or Me as Living Entities] with the universal concious as the essence that binds us [ALL] together. If you can tap into your internal soul-like Well [of knowledge] known as the subconcious, anything is possible like predicting the future. ...Or better yet, moving |telekenesis| objects in thin air. Now thats the stuff the universe (FORCE) is made out of.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by 2Super7E123]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hal Lindsey has been writing books for over 20 years now that describe bible prohecy and how it all relates to the "end times". Alot of what we see going on now he wrote about over 20 years ago. A good book he wrote is "Coundown to Armagddon" and another is "late great planet earth"...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kris
ThatsJustWeird - I was under the impression that Tim Lahaye was considered a 'prophet' although i didn't know that the rapture theory originated in the 1800's.

Many contemporary writers claim that the Pre-Tribulation Rapture theory first originated around A.D. 1820. They ascribe the theory's initial creation to either Emmanuel Lacunza (Ben Ezra, 1812), Edward Irving (1830), or Margaret Macdonald (1830), and finally to John Darby (1830). For example, Dave MacPherson in The Incredible Cover-Up (1975 stated); "Margaret Macdonald was the first person to teach a coming of Christ that would precede the days of Antichrist . . . . Before 1830, Christians had always believed in a single future coming, that the catching of I Thess. 4 will take place after the Great Tribulation of Matthew 24 at the glorious coming of the Son of Man when He shall send His angels to gather together all of His Elect." Reverend John Bray, in The Origin of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture Teaching (1982) declared; "People who are teaching the Pre-Tribulation Rapture teaching today are teaching something that never was taught until 1812 . . . . Not one of those early church fathers taught a Pre-Tribulation Rapture . . . . I make the offer of five hundred dollars to anybody who will find a statement, a sermon, article in a commentary, or anything, prior to 1812 that taught a two-phase coming of Christ separated by a stated period of time, such as the Pre-Tribulation rapturists teach." These writers, among others who despise the teaching of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture, dogmatically assert that it was taught for the first time in 1830 by John Darby and the Plymouth Brethren or one of the other individuals mentioned above.

A number of these authors will have to drastically revise the next edition of their books based on two remarkable textual discoveries that conclusively prove that a number of Christian teachers, centuries before John Darby rediscovered this biblical teaching, clearly taught that the Rapture would occur before the Tribulation period. During the summer of 1994, after more than a decade of searching, I discovered several fascinating manuscripts that contain clear evidence of the teaching of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture in the early church.

Ephraem's Teaching on the Pre-Tribulation Rapture

"For all the saints and Elect of God are gathered, prior to the Tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins" (On the Last Times, the Antichrist, and the End of the World, by Ephraem the Syrian, A.D. 373).

The early Christian writer and poet, Ephraem the Syrian, (who lived from A.D. 306 to 373) was a major theologian of the early Byzantine Eastern Church. He was born near Nisbis, in the Roman province of Syria, near present day Edessa, Turkey.

www.pawcreek.org...

I'm pretty sure I've heard of other early church believers who also believed in a pretribulation rapture. On other rapture threads I have posted many Bible verses that point to a pretribulation rapture. Do a search for them and see the verses and read them for yourself then get a concordance and look up the word meanings.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't believe you can attribute the pre-trib rapture theory to Margaret MacDonald. The pre-trib argument has become more popular in more recent years, but that's not to say it originated within the last couple hundred years. A Bible scholar named Epharaem said in the year 373 A.D.

For all the saints and Elect of God are gathered, prior to the tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins."

Aside from that there is obviously enough support in the Bible to give some credit to this view. Otherwise there woudn't be an argument on the subject. I have mixed feelings on this issue. I was raised in a chuch that tought this doctrine, but I've found several scriptures that make me lean towards the other viewpoint. More of a mid-point, or late tribulation rapture.

Meanwhile, as we argue about this topic, a real topic that no church argues about grows closer. The Second Coming of Christ. You won't find much argument on this one.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Theres some book that goes into detail about this. It's called "The Bible Code" and it tells you about the bible's predictions.

new topics

top topics

join