It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTELCOM, the separating of wheat from chaff.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
In the past as I will detail later, and the recent few years there has been a growing trend. Since our president Bush first outed an agent of the community, intelligence that is. Others who do the same, seem to think it is ok. "Whistleblower", and other terms were once looked upon as a way to report abuse within the job. Now it seems these "whistleblowers" are growing in size, and it may not be for the better.

What now of these formerly trusted once well paid, now unemployed intelligence operatives supposed to do? How are they feeling about being shafted, and kicked to the curb for doing what they may have thought was the right thing. Instead being blacklisted, and probably put on some kind of jacked up watch list. Not only has our government been blowing the cover of agents but they havnt gotten in trouble for it, how ever others in kind do.

Now the whistleblowers can't use that whistle, in fear of losing the only job they can have, so now corruption goes unchecked completely. To those who were outed for doing the right thing, my hat is off to you. At least you had the balls to try to do the right thing, even if they didnt let you.

As for the detailing later part. Some agents were outed for being corrupt, others for reporting the corruption. Others still outed just because, perhaps as moles or some other covert means, like dropping one cover to better take up another. It happend a lot in the cold war, and you know what they say about history.

I'm going to try and use this thread to compile a list of the agents outed by our government, such as the Senators slip, and the Bush droppings, if any one is inclined or interested please jump in. It isn't the easiest thing carrying on a thread all by ones self.

NSA Whistleblower Canned

If this goes well, and enough members are interested, a research project would be in order, just an idea. Now I'm off, to track and compose a list.

Another bit of info that may was well be followed up also;
Spying: Giving Out U.S. Names

On September 30, Mr. Ed Gillespie, the Chairman of the Republican National Committee, publicly stated that the Bush Administration's leak of the CIA agent's identity is far more serious than Richard Nixon's Watergate burglaries.

Office of Special Plans

Loose Lips Let Slip Agent's Name at Hearing (Kerry, Lugar)

For those who may not know, the next one is a classic as far as history goes;

the investigation into who outed an operative active in the hunt for ...
counter-intel agents will routinely monitor embassy personnel in the US

Ghorbanifar

[edit on 7-5-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
WOW. this is all very intresting and sad. I mean its intresting just cause it shows how corrupt and evil the governmnment can be. How power hungry polticians are and how corrupttion hasent even come close to ending, and the sad thing is ....we can do so little to stop it. But ya this sounds intresting i might join on this research thing, just for the hell of it.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A Tale of Incompetence and Politicization at America’s Super-Secret Intelligence Agency

HAYDEN’S HEROES

new topics

join