It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-19 Stealth Interceptor!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
We all probably heard roumors about an F-19 steath fighter at one time or another. I beleve that this plane really exists, and that it might be a replacement for the F-102 (now Retired) and F-106 (now Retired) interceptors. While I do not have difinitive proof of this plane's existance, I have Facts that provide the basis for my case:

1. Interceptors are highly specialized fighter that are custom designed for that Mission (EX: F-102, F-106, F-14A)

2. Interceptors usually carry large highy specilized Missiles or other weapons that most other fighters can't carry. (EX: AIM-54, Air-2A, AIM-4 Falcon)

3. Interceptors need a longer range then most other fighters.

4. Interceptors, also called Air Defense Fighters, are a critical element for NORAAD's mission providing the US and Canada with their First line of Defense against attack from the air.

5. F- 19 is the only designation that seems to surface repeatedly dispite offically not ever having been used (you never hear roumors of an F-13 or an F-21, Do You?)

6. the threat of attack from the air still exist today with rouge nations and terrorists, therefore the need for air defense is still very real.

7. Stealth is critical to the USAF's Philosophy for Air-to Air combat:
First Look, First Shot, First Kill

OK, I made my Case, now you make your judgment call.

Tim

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have never heard of the F-19. Can you provide me with some information?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
As I said before, I don't Have Much info on this plane, but I'll Share what little info I have that seems reasonablly believeable to me. I won't clame 100% accuracy of these facts because I don't know if that's the case.

1. Has a flying wing design simular in shape and size to the A-12 Avenger

2. Most likely 2 seats like the F-14

3. Supersonic speed comparable to the A-12/SR-71 Blackbird!?

4. Carries Phoenix or Phoenix-Type long-range Missiles.

That's all I've got as far as Reasonable facts on this Mystery plane!
Tim

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If I was to play any Flight Sims games....those 'facts' would be fairly correct.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here is a link to some info on the F-19. It may clear up some things.

www.csd.uwo.ca...

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Perhaps your eluding to the A-17?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
pretty much fitting this niche?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I thought so myself Gazrok.
I 'googled' my behind off for a F-19 and found it mainly dealing with a computer game....go figure.
Then jetsetter provide the info. he did and it sounded alot like the A-17 aircraft/project/program.....
I dunno to be honest....
I checked another couple of aircraft forums I frequent and did a 'search' and again, found nil.
I think your guess would be as good as mine.

Maybe Zion might know something?
I reckon I could check his site out and see what he has on it....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As F-117s existance was still a secret it was called as F-19.. I Think..

MrZ

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uninen
As F-117s existance was still a secret it was called as F-19.. I Think..

Uninen's right it's suppose to be the F-117
In the 80s they made a toy based on the F-117 and they marketed it as the F-19 and it got the military's attention, so they had to withdraw the toy, but that was before the real designation was known

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
As I said, I'm not claming to know everything about this plane. The F-19 designation might be incorrect, But considering all the background facts, I still believe an aircraft meeting the general discription I layed out probably exists somewhere in the US.

Tim

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The f-117 or f-19 as it was called by those who only knew little about it.. made its combat (and media?) debut at 1989 in Operation just cause in panama as the bombed some barracks.. or tryed to score a near miss on those.. actually they missed their intended "missing point" by another 400m
and it was only in 1990/1991 during operation desert shield/strom that the planes came to full "day light".. i think..
(the 400m meters miss was due pilot error caused by fact that he was not given any aiming point.. but just told.. "miss it" and the bombings purpose was to route/stunn not to kill)

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
As I said, I'm not claming to know everything about this plane. The F-19 designation might be incorrect, But considering all the background facts, I still believe an aircraft meeting the general discription I layed out probably exists somewhere in the US.

Tim

The F-19 is what the F-117 would have been called if there had not been a logistics foul-up.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I believe that the F-19 designation was ,merely 'presumed' by the Aviation press in general once the existance of a secret stealthy single seat twin jet aircraft became known, which was right back in 1981, well before the true appearance and designation was known. I still own the article from Flight International which reported the existance of the aircraft with the headline "Secret 'F-19' Stealth Fighter Revealed In Budget". The F-19 designation was placed in inverted comma's because they made it up as the next number along in US Fighter designations, the F-18 had entered service only two years earlier.

Why the F-117 bore this designation instead I do not know but the above is, I believe, the origin of the widespread use of F-19.

As for Interceptor duties, the F-102 and F-106 were merely replaced by the F-15, this was after all the first fighter to come along which could beat the BAC Lightning, previously the worlds best Interceptor, in a climb, a major requirement for an Interceptor being the ability to climb very fast in order to engage incoming bomber formations, not range as Tim said as range is more useful in standing patrols rather than Interceptions. The beauty of the F-15 was that it combined the two in a single aircraft, as did the F-14 and, several years later, the Tornado F.3 which, in the UK, replaced the Lightning Intercepr and the F-4 Phantom, which was clearly a better fighter overall than the Lightning but not such a good interceptor.

Finally, Tim, when you say you never hear about the F-21, you're right. You don't hear much of it but it did exist. F-21 was the designation applied to a number of IAI Kfir C2's that the US bought in the 1980's.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I had a model kit for the Stealth F-19 fighter made by Revell, it was a flying triangle with inverted tail fins, kinda the opposite of the F-117, sounds like disinformation to me...

Also it said that the F-19 was capable of space-travel if I remember correctly...

My best bet is this is the Aurora's designation, but I admit I could be wrong...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The inside swept tails might be because of two eary prototypes of the F117, called "have blue" At least one of the two prototypes crashed, maybe even both. They were burried in a secret place on Nellis AFB. More specifically on Area 51 (yes, that's not only a rumor
)
-Joost-

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Behold, Have Blue.

I think it's a considerably sexier aircraft than the F-117.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yeah that looks like the F-19 alright...it's quite sexy like that...

new topics

top topics

join