It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Deeper Look at Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This weekend, the European Space Agencies Mars orbiter satellite is unfurling it's radar antenna. Phase one was sucessful and it is schedulled to finish this Sunday. Then we will be able to peer about 3 miles under the surface of Mars to get a closer look. They plan to map the entire planet this way and search for underground sources of water as well. For those who insist that the 'Face on Mars' is an alien artifact this forthcomming Data will finaly put that nonsence to rest.

This is the first time that we have taken a look at another planet with this type of ground penetrating radar and it promises to offer us some spectacular images.

more info here:
www.scienceblog.com...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
For those who insist that the 'Face on Mars' is an alien artifact this forthcomming Data will finaly put that nonsence to rest.

I doubt that, since it has yet to be put to rest and there is PLENTY of evidence saying it's nothing. Especially the MGS photos taken in 1998 and 2001.

NASA Captures New Images of the Face on Mars

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Deep radar imaging will prove that there is no artificialy created structure. Current belivers are going on looks alone and with data that demonstrates regular geological formations there will be no guessing needed. The difference between artificial and geological formations on that scale are obvious once the data is gathered.

Personaly I am looking forward to seeing pockets of water beneath the soil or other interesting geological discoveries.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
For those who insist that the 'Face on Mars' is an alien artifact this forthcomming Data will finaly put that nonsence to rest.

Wow. I wish I could understand forthcoming data with such confidence.

Since I can't, I will keep an open mind.

BTW, I think it's a mudcone.

new topics

top topics

join