It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Sunnis Arabs shot dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Relatives of the victims, witnesses and a police official said the dead were farmers from the town of Madaen just south of Baghdad, where tit-for-tat kidnappings and killings between Shi'ites and Sunnis have sparked tension across Iraq.

Link

Sunni Arab leaders denounced the killings.

What do u think ..i dont think the killings will stop for a long time yet

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yesterday, I posted a news item for ATSNN about this: [Bodies of 12 Torture Victims Unearthed at Baghdad Garbage Dump

Information released in the New York Times yesterday indicates that two of the fourteen corpses had probably been buried there at some earlier time.

The 12 in question bore signs of having been held captive and totured for some time before being executed.

I'm wondering if this is evidence of insurgent recruitment practices, some sort of retaliation, or as Sanctum has suggested, an attempt to start a civil war?

It is certainly a small part of the much larger campaign of bloodshed that has swept Iraq during this time of Governmental confirmation. Sounds to me like the insurgents are getting very desperate.

The light at the end of the tunnel may be coming closer than you realize.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadscholar
The light at the end of the tunnel may be coming closer than you realize.

And the light at the end of the tunnel is the sky above...but the path stops at the edge of a very steep cliff. However, certain elements are travelling fast and blind and the rest of the story will be history.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Roadscholar

This is the way to start a cival war..why not it will distrupt the country thats what they want

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sth Hemisphere and Roadscholar,
I just thought there may be a hidden 'statement' about the fact these bodies were found in a garbage dump. Insurgents usually like to show their 'work'.

Perhaps the insurgents are trying to indicate that 'targets' are garbage.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
sanctum

what a waste of life ..prays for their family

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The NYT article quotes a local who says that this is unusual because they normally find two or three bodies at a time in the streets.

The sybolism of the garbage dump burial, coupled with the high number of victims makes this seem like something more like a retalitory action, to me.

[edit on 7/5/05 by Roadscholar]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I guess the Sji'ites who have been relatively quiet, are doing something back, but prefer silent revenge , as their sji'ite leaders have orders (from teheran) not to further jumptstart the civil war in iraq (yet, until american or israeli intefevention of their nuclear program, I would think that would be green light given from teheran to Al-sadr et al to cause trouble again, i bet the us government knows this)

new topics

top topics

join