It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Says It Has Spotted North Korean Nuke Site (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
New Satellite images reveal was American officials believe to be an extensive North Korean nuclear test site. The images depict massive tunnels being buried under mountains in an attempt to contain the underground blast. The pentagon believes that these upcoming nuclear tests will be used to bring the United States to negotiate.

www.guardian.co.uk
American officials believe that new satellite photographs of North Korea show intensive preparations for a possible nuclear weapons test, it was reported yesterday.
The imagery is said to show tunnels being dug under a mountain in the north-east of the country and then rock and building materials being taken back in, possibly in an effort to contain an underground blast.

Details of the satellite intelligence were reported by the New York Times yesterday, quoting Pentagon and White House officials, who pointed out that the apparent test preparations could be a ruse to pressure the United States into making concessions at the negotiating table.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I actually heard about this story this morning at around 4am when I was coming back from work. Sitting in the backseat of this Welsh taxi, the driver begins to tell me that the US just obtained images of nuclear test sites in North Korea. Anyway, to make a long story short we get in this conversation about North Korea and how if America would just 'mind their business' we would regain the status of being the worlds 'Undisputed Superpower'.

So I'm going to have to agree with him on this, instead of policing the world, we should practice somewhat of an isolation model and only being involved with other countries when it's to our economical benefit.

new topics

join