It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Plans Pre-emptive Strike If N.K. Conducts Nuke Test

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here we go again? According to NBC, the US has plans for a preemptive strike against N.K. in the event that they test their nuclear weapon.

NBC television, without citing sources, said the US military has drawn up plans for a possible preemptive strike against North Korea should Pyongyang appear ready to test a nuclear weapon.

story.news.yahoo.com.../afp/20050507/pl_afp/usnkoreanucleartest_050507025634

Is this just sabre-rattling rhetoric? Or do I detect shades of Iraq coming on?

Is a nuclear detonation by North Korea, underground, as satellite imagery suggests, on its own soil, worth going to war over? I don't believe it is, considering the death toll that would result. While Iraq had oil, which hopefully will pay some dividends before I have to start relying on Medicaid and social security, what can we expect from occupying North Korea?

-koji K.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This has already been done refer to link below to comment

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I can't see any reference in the link you cited to the U.S. plans for a pre-emptive strike? My post wasn't about N.K.'s nuke test and the international furore that would result, it's about NBC's report of concrete plans for a preemptive strike.

-koji K.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
scroll down youll see the link

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You are correct. I apologize. Admins feel free to retract this thread.

-koji K.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
well better to hit before they can use any as weapons or to blackmail anyone, of course we'll attack to stop it.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
In my opinion going to war over a test is worth it. Please keep in mind that unlike Iraq the North korean's do pose a major threat the us and our allies. The draft will be pull before years end. I assure you that. (if we go to war with Korea) This will be nothing like Iraq. Those who claim Iraq is bad havent seen war yet. Iraq never has been a large scale war and never will be. (but thats a good thing).

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
do you really thing their will be a draft..i just turned 17 last month

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
do you really thing their will be a draft..i just turned 17 last month

If things stay the way they are, then no. If we go to war with North Korea, there will almost certainly be a draft, imo.

-koji K.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
To launch a land invasion of either North Korea or Iran would almost certainly require a draft. I suspect any action against either of these countries will consist of airstrikes only, however that doesn't mean things won't escalate to a point where a land war becomes necessary.

I don't think Bush wants a draft, it would be politically disastrous.
But given the administrations track record of ideology-driven hubris, I wouldn't be shocked to see them stumble into a situation that requires one.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
personally i think theres US special forces in NK rite now..analyzing the sitaution or what have you

but would we really nuke them if they tested their nukes? or would we just have conventional weapons.. technicially them having nukes makes them a nuclear power and we can use nukes against them guilt free...

the news here said B-2s and F-15s i believe would be used from Guam (i think) i know i heard B-2s in that news thing...B-2s were made for nukes...

[edit on 7-5-2005 by imAMERICAN]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
why cant they test their weapons???

i dont get it...

we tested ours...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
we dont go around threatening to nuke our adverseries...

we are not unstable

even the soviets where responsible with their nukes and"nuke trash talking"

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
we dont go around threatening to nuke our adverseries...

we are not unstable

even the soviets where responsible with their nukes and"nuke trash talking"

doesn't n. korea wantto "test" it somewhere safe???

or they want to nuke someone and call it a test???

i dont get it...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
In my opinion going to war over a test is worth it. Please keep in mind that unlike Iraq the North korean's do pose a major threat the us and our allies. The draft will be pull before years end. I assure you that. (if we go to war with Korea) This will be nothing like Iraq. Those who claim Iraq is bad havent seen war yet. Iraq never has been a large scale war and never will be. (but thats a good thing).

Go back to watching the terribly fake 24. You assume, notice the first three letters, that the joint chiefs, the CINC, and USCINCSOC along with NSA are unaware of NK's air defenses and the fact NK has been preparing for an engagement for years. A simple clear message, NK you stand alone, and we will bomb you to oblivion. Ground assault? The question is ludicrous.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I suppose the only logicial thing the U.S. can do is try running a blockade outside in international waters. Then, it is anyones guess as to what the next step would be. We are pretty well bogged down in Afganistan and in Iraq as far as major support troops go. The force in S. K is only a token force and would be ran over in no time. Does anyone think the trip to the E.U. and Russia could be a major fence building attempt on Bush's part? I know that his snubbing of Putin is not held in high regard from an E.U. stance. Hell who knows how Bush would react and his hawkish admin. Just threw this out to feel the H20.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I don't think Bush wants a draft, it would be politically disastrous.

What has he got to lose? Bush is a lame duck president, he can't get reelected. It's not like he can run for higher office once he leaves the one he presently occupies.

He has the senate, congress and the supreme court on his side and if you ask him, gods on his side as well.

We live in VERY dangerous times.

Wupy

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We could try to, I dunno, talk to NK? I mean, a one on one, face to face, mano y mano? Might help.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There is no need for you all to worry.

The US is not going to go to war over a "test".

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If we get involved in a ground conflict in Korea, there will be brutality that will make the beheading videos seem tame in comparison. I seriously doubt that a test will set it off. You may see some serious posturing afterwards, but a conflict will not begin until everything else has failed.

Korea is a powderkeg the likes of which have not been seen in 50 years. Their armed forces are highly trained and have no remorse. We better make sure that this is something we really want to do before sending our people into this one. It will be very bloody for both sides if we have boots on the ground. I have serious doubts that draft from a country full of a "you owe me everything" generation could have the fortitude to overcome a country which has been brainwashed from the time they can crawl.

We would encounter hard charging, well trained forces who are more than eager to taste the blood of their enemy. I seriously doubt that we could be involved from the air only. We will have to get dirty to win and there will be no room for doubt or second guessing. No press, no politicians, just get it done. Defeat the regime, get out and let the South mop it up. End of story. Anything else will have disasterous results.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by xman_in_blackx]

[edit on 7-5-2005 by xman_in_blackx]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join