It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange happening in China?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Is it possible to post larger images? Or perhaps links to larger images?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Perhaps this is too large to post here. You can go to the link i gave and if you click on each of the images you will get the larger image.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am not understanding what you are implying or requesting, Something strange is happening in China?

Who is the seismologist at ATS?

Let get some more feedback on this..

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Muad

The only thing I can think of is a thread about a month ago on the The great desert expansion of 2005

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I work with a large number of Chinese manufacturing plants and, normally, with the exception of a two week shutdown for New Year's celebrations they run 24/7 to keep up with demand. Earlier this week I was informed by my contacts that, by government order, all plants in China will be required to shut down for 2 or 3 days a week in an effort to "conserve energy." Maybe this odd seismic activity is actually some government experiment that is sucking up huge amounts of power.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Humm, i didn't know that was happening in China. It could very well be related. thanks for the info Mr. No one.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What would happen if a billion people all jumped up in the air and landed at the same time?????

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
They wouldn't. Given the differences in each person's size, mass and leg strength they would all have varying jump heights and thus land a t different times. Enough of a degree of seperation IMO to disrupt your planned outcome.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
They wouldn't. Given the differences in each person's size, mass and leg strength they would all have varying jump heights and thus land a t different times. Enough of a degree of seperation IMO to disrupt your planned outcome.

Well, it seems my tongue-in-cheek post went over the head....

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
muadibb
You think it's possible someone was projecting high frequency waves into the ground, and trying to sync up with the frequency of the mini earthquakes we/they have all the time? I'm trying to figure out if that's what you're saying.

Maybe they're testing technology to stop earthquakes? Or start them?

I'm pretty sure I've seen those patterns before, I just couldn't say where...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
muadibb

Maybe they're testing technology to stop earthquakes? Or start them?

I'm pretty sure I've seen those patterns before, I just couldn't say where...

You know what is funny is I wondered the same thing myself. There was one other thing I wondered about that is probably completely off the wall -- I wondered if they were trying to test a form of EMF that would not destroy machinery forever but would shut it down long enough for them to take over an area during the chaos that would happen if that type of thing occured. Don't know if that is clear as mud or not.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I really can't say the reason why this is happening, but it certainly is not that the seismic stations are down, or that there is an error. There is something that is distrupting the signal in all the stations in China. My hunch is some sort of experiment with frequencies the Chinese are conducting.

The following image shows what has been happening since last night.

Notice that the distruption stopped for almost exactly 9 hours.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Little Trouble In Big China

I followed the link, looked at the readings, and consider myself semi-literate regarding seismology (I live in an earthquake-prone area, and follow the USGS' info when I feel one).

I'm not sure these "interruptions" really amount to anything, but hey, maybe I'm just ignorant (hint: yes, I am very, very ignorant).

What's missing in my mind is what, if anything, would make any of this significant.

Anyone? I'm open to ideas, but I'm just not seeing anything meaningful here.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
BTW, The time of the disruption varies from station to station. Meaning there is one single source for this signal, because it is being picked at different times in each station. Looking at the data i'll say the source of this signal started close or about the IC/ENH, Enshi area in China. Anyone knows what is around that area? Any military bases? or some sort of scientific facility? well...scientific facilities in China are part of the military...anyways, if anyone that has visited China and knows these areas knows anything please post away.

BTW, i could be wrong, because there are some stations that right now are not sending any data, or the data is not available, but from the stations that are up and running, the data shows that the signal started close to the Enshi area.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I confess that I know next to nothing about seismology even though I live in California. However, these do not look like any seismographs I 've ever seen. If they are authentic, and if there is not defect in the reporting equipment, I'd say that the signals are being artificially blocked somehow. I would suggest the employment of of some sort of harmonically-induced cancellation effect. It might be possible to generate an acoustic wave with the necessary harmonics to "mask" or "cancel out" the signal picked up by the seismic sensors.

You wouldn't necessarily be "stopping an earthquake", just preventing the tremor from being reported/recorded.

This would be especially useful to a government which wanted to test nuclear devices underground without alerting other governments to what was going on. You'd effectively be able to deny them the seismic data they could use to analyze your weapon's yield, as well as other characteristics which could help them determine the weapon's level of sophistication.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
There are rumor china is having a serious energy problem. As some posted above, there are now rolling black outs and brown outs throughout the country.

China is in a panic to set up over 40 new nuclear reactors to help keep the lights on. More than likely, a rolling black out hit the stations and thus created the staggerred effects you see.

This one will probably stay a mystery though since there is so little information to go on.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No, these disruptions were not caused by the blackouts, or brownouts. It is possible these blackouts and brownouts were the effects and not the cause of the disruption, whatever it was the Chinese were doing.

Or the brownouts and blackouts were done to avoid any damage to the powerstations by whatever experiment they are doing in China.

It is also very possible the Chinese are trying out some new weapon which disrupts power.

This sort of weapon, if it is a weapon, would help them a lot if they try, for example, to invade Taiwan.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
No, these disruptions were not caused by the blackouts, or brownouts. It is possible these blackouts and brownouts were the effects and not the cause of the disruption, whatever it was the Chinese were doing.

Or the brownouts and blackouts were done to avoid any damage to the powerstations by whatever experiment they are doing in China.

It is also very possible the Chinese are trying out some new weapon which disrupts power.

This sort of weapon, if it is a weapon, would help them a lot if they try, for example, to invade Taiwan.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Muaddib]

You have proof or evidence for these claims? You are dismissing the possibility they were caused by blackouts? What makes you so sure?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is very interesting, I never knew this could be possible

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
You have proof or evidence for these claims? You are dismissing the possibility they were caused by blackouts? What makes you so sure?

The evidence is now gone, since it was the seismic readings themselves. But there was a timed chain reaction in the disturbance. Blackouts, brownouts happen only in certain areas, and not all over a country one section after the next.

The seismic readings were affected all over China, and it caused a timed chain reaction, as the disturbance was registered at different times in the stations from all around China.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join