It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange happening in China?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I could be wrong but it really seems that something is happening in China right now.

The seismic readings are showing strange disturbances, mostly centered around CHina. Are they doing some sort of experiment? or is something happening in the Earth's crust or core close to China?

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Here are a couple of the images. These will be gone by tomorrow and would be replaced with new data.

IC/BJT, Baijiatuan, Beijing, China

IC/ENH, Enshi, China

Every one of the seismographs from China show more or less the same pattern. This is very strange, I have never seen this before.

It looks as if the readings are being interrupted from 2 minutes up to 2 complete hours. It does not seem that the seismographs are broken, but it is something happening in CHina.

(update)

I have also noticed that in almost every other seismograph around the world there is also one or two of these interruptions but lasting from 2 to 3 hours. In some places the interruption was much longer, lasting several hours.

The rest of the world's seismographs interruptions all started happening at around 11:52 AM... everyone of them started more or less around that time. Something definetely is going on, and the source seems to have started and was stronger in China at 10:07 AM.

Update.

In New Mexico US the interruption lasted for almost 6 hours.

in the rest of the world the interruption was for about 2 and a half hours, like in Antarctica.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Noone is replying to this?... What happened in CHina and the rest of the world yesterday is wierd to say the least.

The seismographs are working properly yet they captured interruptions in the readings, as if there was nothing to read for minutes up to three hours. i do not know if these interruptions are natural, but I would think they are since there was also interruption in the data in the rest of the seismographs. I don't think anything manmade would affect all the seismographs.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
sorry i haven't heard anthing about something happening in china.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have no input for this thread but I would like someone an expert to share some more insight on this,

Hmmmmm...I wonder if theres a massive earth quake about to tremble???

scary.............

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This is happening under the surface of Earth, not necessarily on the surface, but on the crust of the Earth.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Not trying to jump into conclusion but maybe its Nuclear test, Like wasn't or isn't Korea testing Nuclear weapons?

And Korea is just next to China maybe you should look on the data from Korea....just my two cents....

[edit on 7-5-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
no, a nuclear test would actually leave a reading. this is as if for several hours beginning in China there was nothing happening at all, which is strange. Then the interruptions in China continued, but for up to 10 minutes or so.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i updated the original post with a bit more information.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I seem to remember seeing those patterns before...

I think it might be one of two things 1.) omission of data intentionally 2.) seismo malfunction leading to accidental ommision of data

I'm almost positive that wasn't a nuke test.

I'm almost positive that wasn't background noise, like wind or trucks passing, but this is much more likely than a nuke test, IMO, less likely than the two reasons I stated up top.

I'm reasonably sure it's a malfunction, but I can't say for sure...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
How can you pin point China as the actual site for the possible area of disturbance...I have no seismic reading expierance and you noted several other continents also having similar events.

Also I recall my Aunt mentioning to my mom about it being the end of the world yesterday, not sure where she got this idea but...

Come on man someone give us some more input!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
no, it is not a malfunction. All the seismographs wouldn't be giving more or less the same readings. i could be wrong but it seems some sort of frequency was being used, and it affected the readings, it started in China it seems. But the frequency affected not only China, it affected the rest of the world also about an hour after it began in China.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Muaddib this is an interesting find. I have no explanantions or logical input but can I suggest someone who is familiar with HAARP could check out their lastest readings. to see if there is any connection.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The data that you quote above is actually out of date. Below is the latency page from your site as well as the table for the Chinese stations that you refer to.

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Data Latency
Fri May 6 14:50:00 MDT 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Data latency is defined as the number of days between the current date and the date of the most recent data we have received for a station. For example, a latency of 55 days for station X means that, as of today, the most recent data we have for station X is from 55 days ago. Note that latencies for some stations are frequently large due to known shipping delays (e.g. data tapes from Antarctic stations can only be shipped at certain times of the year).

Network Station Last Data Latency
IC WMQ 2005,074 52
IC XAN 2005,076 50
IC ENH 2005,080 46
IC KMI 2005,081 46
IC LSA 2005,082 44
IC HIA 2005,085 41
IC QIZ 2005,087 39
IC BJT 2005,088 38
IC MDJ 2005,089 37
IC SSE 2005,093 33

I have not compared the latency for the other stations that you mention, but I daresay that they do not correlate as closely as each station page may have had you think.
But this doesn't explain how or why the readings are being interrupted.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilandrah
The data that you quote above is actually out of date. Below is the latency page from your site as well as the table for the Chinese stations that you refer to.

You are actually not understanding what it is they are trying to explain about latency data. When any data is out of date, they say the data from station x has a latency of x days. So if any data is out of date, they will put a message saying the latency the data has, otherwise the date is up to date and refreshed "supposedly" every 30 minutes.

Live Internet Seismic Server
These data update automatically every 30 minutes!!

Last Update Sat May 7 07:49:49 MDT 2005 [/
Seismograms may take several moments to load.
Click on a plot to see an expanded view.

The data from these stations is being updated every 30 minutes.

Excerpted from.
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

The data right now from the following station in China was last updated...

Data from station BJT (Baijiatuan, Beijing, China)
last updated at
Sat 05/07/05 07:45 MDT (Sat 05/07/05 13:45 GMT)

(Actually there is no latency in the data, I didn't notice that the time is GMT...lol I wrote this when I just woke up )

So, this data has a latency of 2 hours 30 minutes. But it seems they do not say the data has a latency unless it is at least a day old.

IC/BJT, Baijiatuan, Beijing,

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Muaddib,

This is really weird. I wonder if there is some one we could email that might give us a straight answer on this.

*very puzzled*

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, I have not seen it happening to seismic data, but there is an effect known as the standing wave null, which is a dead area where the signal can no longer be picked up. This normally happens because the wave is being reflected off a metal plate or another major source of discontinuance like water. Or it could be that an opposite signal is being emitted which is the reason why there are nulls in the data. I actually think it is very likely it is the latter.

If you look at what the stations are picking up in different parts in China, the nulls are happening at almost the same time. I highly doubt that the source of the nulls is because the wave is being reflected. it is very likely that there seems to be some sort of experiment going on in China having to do with frequencies. I could be wrong thou.

BTW, the null in the signal started in China, not in the US.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
BTW, i updated some info from my previous post. I didn't notice that the data is in GMT....there is no latency in the data.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Intrigueing indeed!

Who knows, maybe even the very remote change the american army is probing Nkorea for underground structures, I guess they would be send multiple waves of non-measurable frequincies during the breaks, those could perhaps interfere at the focuspoint and be bounced back as measurable patterns, the discrete breaks could also serve to calculate the distinction between the artificial signal and natural earth generated noise...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yesterday there were over 600 tremors in El Salvador within 24 hours. There were also 2 earthquakes 4+ in scale near Panama the previous day.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
...you are right in the sense that the earth is trembling all the time, but did those trembles in El Salvador casused the same weird patterns ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join