It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Whore College' Offers Hands-On Training (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's higher education of the horizontal variety. About 25 sex workers went to a college of sorts, sitting through lectures on effective marketing, stress reduction and condom-application skills.

story.news.yahoo.com
SAN FRANCISCO - "We are still illegal," instructor Kimberlee Cline said before her 20-minute demonstration. "If we want to be treated as business professionals, we need to act ethically within the industry."

Other cities, including Tucson, Ariz., Portland, Ore., Montreal and Taipei, Taiwan, have similar events, said organizer Carol Leigh.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There's not much more to say about this one. One thing i can say is WHY?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well, why is it illegal to sell something that is legal to give away? I've been to Amsterdam and seen it work. I see nothing wrong with prostitution and have no desire to frequent any.

I do think it would stop alot of rapes and pyschopathic murderers. They could get the release they needed before turning into lunatics. Plus, look at how many women get screwed over being in honest relationships. Why not let her make some money? If shes young and hot and wants to make a few bucks, who am I to complain? More power to ya!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've been to Amsterdam. And it does work!!! But why do then have to go to school?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It might do em some good. Learn about STDs or predators. I would rather see it be a regulated industry than pimp-run. Hell, I'd give em a union.

Local 69

International Sisterhood of Prostitutes...ISP69....U2U me for more info!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Would this college have a practicum policy somewhat like these beauty schools where you can go get a haircut for less than if you were actually visiting a professional establishment?

That would be great, cause I'm broke.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Butcher, baker or candlestick maker, the more you know about your job, the better you do your job. This is a VERY!!!!! dangerous profession for the worker, but also for the client. Any knowledge gained from a class or seminar is of value. For street walkers in particular, if you can avoid disease, you don't spead disease. This is not going away. The law can't stop horny people from getting together. God knows the Catholics have tried!!!!! I hope these classes have been helpful and informative, and the sex trade worker has come away with more knowledge to enable him/her to do their job more safely, and to increase their income.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Would this college have a practicum policy somewhat like these beauty schools where you can go get a haircut for less than if you were actually visiting a professional establishment?

That would be great, cause I'm broke.

You're right, that would be jazzy indeed!

I didn't know hookers were actually smart. Who would have thought that it takes brains to, uh, do the do for a living? From now on, the only ones I'll frequent will have degrees in hooking!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
And, as for the "hands-on training..."

How hands on is this training? Is there a list where you can sign up to be a lab assistant, TA, or an active participant in the study of the fine art of hooking?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Most of the prostitutes I have seen they are all ugly.

I did a search for Las Vegas brothels once and looked at the women "Selection" and they are hideous.

I dont think we should be promoting these people to have sex. There has to be a law against it. They are bogus disgusting.

I have nothing wrong with paying good looking women for their company, sexual or not, but just the thought of legalizing ugly people to have sex for money is something I cant do.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obfuscate
I have nothing wrong with paying good looking women for their company, sexual or not, but just the thought of legalizing ugly people to have sex
for money is something I cant do.

Dear Obfucucios,

your post is most entertaining. I think you should look in other places to be fair in your judgement, really. Some people in the above posts referred to Amsterdam, so maybe you should just get on the plane

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Aelita]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The In Death book series by J.D. Robb has legal prostitution, Licensed Companions. Tested for drugs, STDs, have to get a license, so forth. It sounds good to me, keep the pimps, stds, and drugs out of the business.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That's the one profession that should be legal.

Look at Strip clubs for instance, Sure - It's all show and glitter, But when you leave you are Drunk, broke, and excited. That to me is a potential problem for women, much more so than prostitution. If you could drop what you would in a strip joint on a hooker she's happy - your happy. It's a Win-Win situation. With the added benifit that violent crimes would be reduced. (ya, its nuts that you can't charge for it but you can give it away..
Isn't dating the same thing? You buy her dinner - take her to a show and get a reward. At least the hooker is honest about it).

top topics

join