It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blame Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
CIA chief takes blame for false Iraq claim:

Yahoo news
WASHINGTON/ENTEBBE, Uganda (Reuters) - CIA Director George Tenet has taken responsibility for a false claim by President George W. Bush over Iraq's nuclear ambitions which raised embarrassing questions about the way he made the case for war against Saddam Hussein.

"I am responsible for the approval process in my agency," Tenet said in a statement marking the latest twist in the controversy over an alleged Iraq-Niger uranium deal that has embroiled both the U.S. and British governments.

Bush aide takes blame for Iraq uranium uproar

Yahoo news:

By Randall Mikkelsen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush's number two national security aide took the blame on Tuesday for a controversy over charges Iraq tried to buy African uranium, providing the latest version of how the false accusation came to be in Bush's State of the Union speech.

Stephen Hadley, deputy national security adviser, said he should have deleted the reference from the January speech because the CIA had asked him to remove similar language from an October speech by the president.

Bush Takes Responsibility for Iraq Claim

Yahoo newsBy TOM RAUM, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) on Wednesday accepted personal responsibility for a controversial portion of last winter's State of the Union address dealing with claims that Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) was seeking nuclear material in Africa.
"I take personal responsibility for everything I say, absolutely," the president said at a White House news conference where he sought to quell a controversy that has dogged his administration for weeks.

Are you having trouble who to believe or who is really at fault? What the hell is going on with this administration?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wow, he actually took responsibility?? Did Bush just screw himself?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok, now that he admitted to lying, it's time to impeach him...

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
...yet the UK stands by their intelligence: what are they apologizing for? I wish they'd stop placating the dems - (who, in the past warned of an Iraqi nuclear program. Clinton, Daschle, Levin, etc)

new topics

top topics

join