It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chat room?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hey! Am I banned from chat or something? because last night, after the prank idea (never tried it) I was "baned" from chat, which is wierd, because no one had a reason, and I'm still able to post on ATS. could some one shed light on this?

Edit: (This was after I got kicked.)

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Kushi_Master]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
hello oni here! (asala's sister) i have got a fair few posts to do before i get into chat! "sob sob" but iv bin told it's worth it so i will keep posting and trying to help and learn more about ats!
cheers
xx oni xx

Asala has a sister???

GODDANG IT ASALA! You've been holding out on us, why didn't you tell us you had siblings?

Tisk tisk, always keeping things to yourself eh?

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
lol never thought this topic would make a bunch of old guyz get a chub..

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Chat is a dangerous place, it's good to be careful of what you say, or else it's banning time.

I guess the mods just got tired of all the bad stuff that has been going on in Chat, so now rules are strictly enforced.

Just a little something for you to be aware of.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
200 posts goes by really quickly dont worry
i dont post much and i'm able to get into chat!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
200 post entry fee will be staying in place and will not be changed. I brought this up with DISC and its not being changed at all

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Dont worry young child, you will soon hit 200, i hit 400 in a week lol
We'll make an ATS member out of you soon

Your kidding me right? THats amazing....im totaly intimidated by that, ive been a member a while but i havent reached 200 posts yet! Although i did just learn about 3 days ago that you needed 200 posts to get into chat!
-Dani

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It’s true that I haven’t been an ATS member for very long, but in the short time I have been here I have seen many changes, had many exchanges, learned much, and enjoyed the on line company of what I thought of as my fellow ATSers. Then I saw things beginning to get out of hand. I saw spammers and trolls, got angry and got flamed a couple of times - but I endured and continued to learn.

Then came the black band days. I didn’t fully understand what SO was trying to say but I knew that things weren’t quite right. I seriously examined that way I posted and vowed to make sure that anything I posted was relevant and as well written as I could manage. The result was that I posted much less often, concerned that I might become part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

Some threads don’t actually talk about conspiracies - replying to them at all might be undoing what ATS is trying to accomplish.

Most conspiracies have already been covered here in one form or another. Shall I wait until I have discovered a brand new, never-before-thought-of conspiracy before I start a thread?

Sure I could post my opinion on an established thread, but it would only be an opinion - not some new scientific research or some never before seen document sneaked out of the White House. Is my own opinion good enough reason to post and not be compromising the integrity of ATS? I don’t know.

I began to come to ATS less often. When I did come back recently I saw people losing points for quoting others or making short responses. I could now be breaking some rule and not even know it. The issue isn’t in the points themselves. The issue is that if I do something that concerns someone enough for them to dock me, then I must be doing something wrong to ATS as a community. I am feeling so restricted that I don’t feel I should post anymore. I can lurk and at least I can use the chat room to openly converse with others. Now I have lost the privilege of being able to chat on ATS. Why am I here?

I have 156 or so posts and I know that I will eventually attain the required 200 if I do not simply give up all together. There are a great many other places where I am allowed to chat about ATS type topics.

I do understand the need for rules and requirements in order to set ATS back to rights. I, however, I have never attacked anyone in a chat room, never used profanity in a post or chat (not even the misspelled kind with dollar signs in place of an s), and I have never knowing broken any rule to which I agreed when I joined this community, and therefore am feeling as though I must pay for someone else’s shortcomings.

I hope that ATS does attain it goals and the status it desires. Maybe when the dust settles I’ll come back and try to regain the privileges I used to enjoy and think of myself as worthy in having.

Disoriented and dismayed,
WWN

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I have 156 or so posts and I know that I will eventually attain the required 200 if I do not simply give up all together. There are a great many other places where I am allowed to chat about ATS type topics.

Let me just address this bit for the second, There was a 200 posts requirement put on chat due to the miss use of the room. And if you go back and read the original thread on why chat was closed then re opened with a 200 post count then you may well understand,

We have to make sure that that everything here is as safe as can be for all members. We have many ages ranging from young members 12/13yrs to more mature members in 20's 30's and above,

The way I look at it is, If you have made 200 posts you should by then know the rules of the board, intern you know where the lines are,

[edit on 10-5-2005 by asala]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
weevolvedfrommonkies, please know what an APE is, and what a monkey is. Here is a hint, monkeys have tails, apes do not.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Oh good, I'm glad that all this reading is replenishing my brain cells....since I seem to destroy them almost on a daily basis.....I guess I better learn to speed read.

Also, I kind of feel like a 17 yr old...waiting anxiously to turn 18, and FINALLY be an adult.....lol (reaching the 200 post)

oooh....can't wait! can't wait!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh man,

Now you say there's a fee to pay to chat? What? is that true?

whaaahhh.....

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlazinDragon602
It feels like Im going to take forever to reach 200 posts.

At the time of this writing - just three days after this post
of yours - you have 410 points. Guess you made it before
'forever' ... and we will see ya' in chat!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
WOW, I read this and checked on my progress. I registered a month ago, and have 245 posts. Didn't know I had so much to say. Be patient, and keep at it.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Oh man,

Now you say there's a fee to pay to chat? What? is that true?

whaaahhh.....

Nope sorry i wrote fee instead of count lol

To enter chat its a 200 post count thats needed

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ummmm.....what number am I at now?....darn, only 190 to go...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
lol this thread is good for every1 just tryin to pick up like 5 or 6 quick post..
i wouldnt mention ne names tho cuz u know me im doin the same thing

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I can see this thread getting trashed lol

You could always get involved in the NWO section, it has some great topics in there that are worth posting in

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think all has been adressed on this thread now,

Thread closed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join