It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chat room?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
personally i'd like to talk with sum ppl about topics u know have a discussion with like 5 or so ppl on something goin on..but the chatroom says 200post..i mean for a newbie 200 post seems like forever..maybe lower the # of post?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It may seem like a lot, but 200 isn't so hard at all.

The reason it's there is that by 200 posts you'll be a veteran of ATS. You'll have had a few scuffles, and will know the rules quite well by then, and how the site works. Chat is a privilege, not a right, and is held to the same standards as ATS.

If you want it, then get it. You'll get there in no time.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sadly I am nearing 5k posts. I apologize for all the brain cells I've helped kill, although you can always click the ignore option under my name *wink*

Hey man, 200 posts will fly by!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Chat is a privilege, not a right...

That's pretty funny.

I always thought chat was pretty much a waste of time. Pretty fun when you're drunk, though.

eh, Banshee?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Pretty fun when you're drunk, though.

As opposed to all that stuff that isn't?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
As opposed to all that stuff that isn't?

Oh yeah, and then there's that.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It feels like Im going to take forever to reach 200 posts!
LOL

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
nah - you will get there in no time- just keep posting!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Dont worry young child, you will soon hit 200, i hit 400 in a week lol
We'll make an ATS member out of you soon

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Dont worry young child, you will soon hit 200, i hit 400 in a week lol

Ack, sputter, cough....arrgghh....I thought for sure I'd gotten the record =(

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Might this rule just increase the amount of meaningless and pointless posts from people who are posting solely to up their post count so they can use the chat rooms? What if new members could just apply for chat room membership just as they do for general ATS membership? I think I will only manage about three or four posts a day, at that rate it will take me a month and a half to be given this chat room privilege. I would rather slowly add contributive posts than run wild with reactionary and inane replies as some members do in their early days of ATS membership.

Jaded

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Jaded Figure]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaded Figure
Might this rule just increase the amount of meaningless and pointless posts from people who are posting solely to up their post count so they can use the chat rooms? What if new members could just apply for chat room membership just as they do for general ATS membership?

Jaded

good idea,
but the post amount is there so it helps you to become a ATS member, by the time you reach 200, you are one of us!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Fair enough. I am afraid that by the time I reach 200 posts, my interest in ATS will wane again. I just hope that I am not that close to a personality swing, but it is possible. I'd just like to get to know members through the chat room in a way that the slow back and forthness of threads make impossible.

Jaded

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by weevolvedfrommonkies
..but the chatroom says 200post..i mean for a newbie 200 post seems like forever..maybe lower the # of post?

By starting this thread, you brought yourself a little closer to your goal, see how easy that was? Now repeat 191 (near as I can tell at the time of this post) and you'll be chatting away (and probably be complaining about how much RATS costs).

Dismissed.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Jaded, keep contributing quality posts. That's what ATS is about.

Last year, I was forced to take a many month long hiatus from ATS. And, coming back to it was hard. Very hard. So I started off small, posting here and there, three or four a day quality as you said.

But, you can't take it. You get sucked it. You ascribe to more forums as three becomes ten, then 15, and you end up back at ATS en force.

Don't worry, it's a safe addiction.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ive taken many breaks from ATS in the past, its hard when you come back, i started off small aswell. Its not hard to hit 200 posts, i use to reply to every post that appeared each day, it was hard, but i learnt a lot.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
actually about the whole killing brain cells i had this weird teacher come in during english 10 and say she had a daughter that was half mentally challenged and that she made her daughter crawl and read as much as she could..supposedly her daughter now is a psychologist or sometin like that..but reading does boost brain cells

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In all my days here in ATS, I've gone from loosing 250 points on my first day, to gaining 250 points recently for the idea on requiring a certain number of posts in order to enter chat.

Yea I was in Chat when we had the whole issue with chat abuse, I started throwing out ideas, not sure if I was the cause or not, I just know I was given 250 points for my help.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
hello oni here! (asala's sister) i have got a fair few posts to do before i get into chat! "sob sob" but iv bin told it's worth it so i will keep posting and trying to help and learn more about ats!
cheers
xx oni xx

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
hello oni here! (asala's sister) i have got a fair few posts to do before i get into chat! "sob sob" but iv bin told it's worth it so i will keep posting and trying to help and learn more about ats!
cheers
xx oni xx

thats the spirit
!
Your sister has taught you well

top topics

<<   2 >>

join