It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaking myself out in my house. (Ghost)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Alright, im almost sure that there is some kind of presence in my house. When anyone else is awake in the house, i feel nothing. But if everyone is asleep, or out of the house, night or day. I feel such a strong presence all around me. I can feel it on my back, on my head, my hair stands up. If i leave the house it stops, but within seconds of being back inside its back. However, it doesnt come upstairs? If i go upstairs it wont follow me. The wierd part is, my grandmother's room is to the left of the stairs and she is very religious and has all holy symbols along the wall that you must be next to all the way up the steps (but in her room, not in the hallway up the stairs).

My car keys go missing and end up elsewhere, and i ALWAYS hang them up when i come in. My cigarette lighter (which i keep inside my pack of cigarrettes) will be outside of the pack when left downstairs over night. Things get moved.

I can feel it in my room, which is upstairs, but not next to me. I can feel it trying to reach me from downstairs. Like its trying to let me know it wants to be next to me. I feel scared around it, but not too bad. When i tried to communicate with it last night the feeling became terrifying. And whenever i try to talk about it i become overwhelmed with sadness, a feeling of depression.

I'm getting worried about this, anyone else have this kind of thing happen? I lost a good friend in a motorcycle accident about two years ago (i was holding his hand as he took his last breath), and it has been happening for about a year and a half. It was never this bad though.

[Edited on 30-7-2003 by intrigue]

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That sounds really scary. More so due to the feeling of fear you have around it.. my storys simular in sorts, But the feeling i have is not of fear,
Has it done anything that you belive could harm you?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
No, nothing physical harm. But i am big on silva mind control; i have noticed it can accompany me to my level. Something i once thought impossible. A place once my private realm, it sometimes accompanies me there on occasion. I can remove it, quite easily from my level (by simply asking it to leave my level it leaves), but then i feel the presence around my body and it kind of awakens me a little from my meditation, and it takes me a second or two to get back into it. More of an annoyance then a harm.

I wonder if it's a curious spirit that doesnt know that its scaring me?

For those more interested in the silva accompaniment (sp) i can feel it from the minute i start to go to my level until i come back. Unless i ask it to leave.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If he has been around you since he died, he may be warning you of something since it has gotten worse lately.

Adversely, maybe it is something that just like to be close. Ask if you can take it's picture then snap a few off and see what comes out. Would love to see if you get anything.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Intrigue what do you mean by bring it to your own level?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You have to conquer your fear, you should hold a se'ance. ask it why it is there, there are two types of spirits, trapped souls and ghosts in visitation, the ghosts who visit are normally happy souls free to leave at any time but return because it may of been a place they enjoyed etc. Do you beleive that this maybe your dead friend? i beleive that the key to your problem is that its sad and obviously wants to communicate with you, i know its scary but you have to conquer your fear, id be lying if i said that this spirit could not hurt you, but i doubt it, only demons and dark entities physically harm people. the feeling i get is that this spirit is not evil or dark, trust your instincts.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You should pray for his soul. It is known that after some time of praying those souls stop being around you.
They are really seeking your prayer.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Any small children in the house?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Maybe since you can ask it to leave, and it does, have you ever asked it why it's there? What it wants? Maybe if you do not fear it you will be better able to understand it. Sometimes fear muddles your mind and takes away from you the most simple understanding. Trust your inner instincts for they will always know best.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Any small children in the house?

Yes, actually; a 6 year old. My sister. Why may i ask?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Maybe you should read my thread
There is also a child in my house
Gazrok had some really good comments to add on mine,
You may find them usefull!!

My thread is under...Haunted house...IN this topic room

Asala

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
For the problem, my perscription is BEER.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Yes, actually; a 6 year old. My sister. Why may i ask?

Note Asala's post and thread. You may have poltergeist (please ignore the movie
) activity in your house (poltergeist meaning "noisy spirit"). I say this due to the displacement of objects. The "presence" you feel, may be due to latent psychokinetic activity on the part of your sister. Examine whether or not any of this activity occurs when she is not in the house. Also, whether it occurs when she is in an emotional state/upset, etc.

It's possible there is also a combo effect, of the girl's energy, helping an entity that has always been there, to manifest at least partially. (This didn't seem to be the case in Asala's instance, but could be so, in yours...due to the "local" (not going upstairs) area of the phenomenon).

It's also possible that this is an actual haunting/shadowperson, etc. instead...but having personal experience with poltergeist phenomenon, things like missing keys, misplaced objects, are par for the course. You may even see the locations of these objects get progressively stranger (I would find my shoes in the oven!
) with time... But, if a poltergeist phenomenon, it will eventually pass...

By the way, if it is just a ghost...I wouldn't be too freaked about it... I've lived with one for a while now. Aside from going up and down the stairs once in a while, and a little morning moaning, he's pretty tame... If there haven't been any warnings to "get out" or physical attacks, it's probably not that aware of you either...

[Edited on 31-7-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I watched documentary of something like this on Discovery.
And what's causing it seems to be electromagnetic radiation..
Objects were also displaced in house like you said but when they shut down electricity in house it was all gone...

EM radiation seems to help either these creatures to manifest or our brain to affect matter.
So try to move away from wires or any electrical devices.. or try moving your sister away, she is probably causing it.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Actually, my ghosts have even been helpful. I live in the middle of no where and leave my door unlocked all the time. My wife and I left one day, and I asked if she wanted it locked or unlocked. She said we'de be right back so leave it unlocked and I did. We got back about 2 hours later (right back huh?) and the door was locked.

Two days later we found out that someone broke into (walked through the unlocked front door) our neighbors house (half a mile away, the boonies). Well, we just figured one of our ghosts locked it to keep the bad guys out.

We also have pranksters though. I have found my keys in the fridge and my hammer in the freezer before. I have also found a poolball in the bathroom sink.
Things get moved around all the time. And only my wife and I live here with our dogs.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What kind of religious symbols does your grandmother have?

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
wow..locking doors.. that is strange
somebody should record this things on video

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What kind of religious symbols does your grandmother have?

Something tells me, it doesn't matter....at least according to most case histories. It's the faith itself (not who or what the faith is in), that seems to be able to repel most "supernatural" incursions.... Thus, whether the symbols are judeo-christian, islamic, hindu, etc., it's the belief that matters....

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My sister is out for tonight; so we shall see how my little ghost acts tonight!

As far as religious symbols go: crosses, statues, a crucifix annointed by the pope.. a bunch of things all along her wall.

Back to my sister, she's gone like i said for the night; so we'll see. Last night was terrible. I felt it so strongly, and yes my sister was upset. She was yelling and screaming with my mom about something before bed. And i'll tell you.. the feelings i had were so strong and overwhelming i couldnt believe it. And the sense of fear was strong last night as well. Let's hope tonight isn't the same. :\ perhaps with my sister in a good mood and out of the house it will not be too bad.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Does your sister sleep dowstairs? This could explain the "reaching for you" feeling, and why it never seems to go upstairs...... Just a thought...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join