It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new thought on exoplanets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I just thought, what if we were to find extraterrestrial life, somewhere out there, that was exactly the same as us, they’re environment was exactly the same, they’re anatomy and chemical makeup exactly the same, everything, even the stage of evolution, like same exact day as us, with same languages and religions and races and everything. Would we still study them? Or would we kind of join forces and get both worlds top scientists and get the unanswered questions answered in half the time.

Schmidt1989

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
i highly doubt that could ever happen having all the exact same variables there are too many variables for the exact same thing to happen on 2 planets. there are never 2 snowflakes that are the same and that is somthing in nature so how could planet and life formation of wich has many many many more variables than a snowflake ever be the same. and i think if it were ever to happen we would probly end up going to war with the other planet just because its our nature it seems.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If they were just like us, I would not trust them.

Although it would be interesting to see how the conditions in two places could be that much alike..the odds are highly against it..

It would mean that major catastrophic events occured at the same time in their history.. Floods, ice ages, meteor impacts, volcano eruptions..They all have made us the way we are..Them too?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Santaclauss, i agree with you, there’s far too many variables to go with, its like calculating where the next raindrop will fall, there’s too many variables, speed, wind speed, velocity, heat, lots more, its physically impossible to calculate where the next raindrop will fall. but anyways going back to the subject, what if they were a little ahead of us, not far maybe a year or less than 10 years, they could help us watch out for global events and even shed light on some unanswered questions that we dont know yet, for instance, earth is getting brighter but we dont know why, but well no why within the next 5 years, so maybe they’ll just let us know ahead of time.

Schmidt1989

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
We would end up nuking them or something. Cause were just that awsome when it comes to dealing with other people.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
If they were just like us, I would not trust them.

Classic!!

If they were say, where we were in the Medievil (sp?) ages would we just destroy them and claim the planet as our own, because I know if I was the ''President of Earth'' and we find some basic civilisation, I would send alot of troops over and not kill them, but 'liberate' them and let them see the wonders of our tech, give them the basic needs to build and operate it (no weapons though) and then build some citys.

When they had got themselves sorted I would be the best dam guy in the Galaxy and reap the rewards of an entire people working for me. Sort of a literal Matrix, sans the killing, weird robots and cave raves. (well maybe some raves
)

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We'd probably all try to figure out what happened such that this was the case.

Personally, I'd find whoever was living in my apartment and tell him he rocked. Then I'd have a glass of milk and talk with the good lookin' dude.

apc

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If the universe truely is infinite then yes, statistics demand that our world has been repeated multiple times in an exact mirror form.
Just one of many theories.
> however these worlds would be so far away we would never be able to detect or interact with them.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by apc]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Its weird thinking that another load of beings are out there, probably asking the same questions as we are now.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
guys, stop being hardarses, he said (quotation) "what if". Its hypothetical

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
cheeser, you ass leave them alone, im sure their going along with me, there not saying "yea when we do" were just messing around pretty much. Stop being such a 'hardars'.

[edit on 5/8/2005 by Schmidt1989]

top topics

join