It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purpose of the Peter Jennings special

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Most of us on the boards would agree that the Peter Jennings special was deliberate disinformation. I got to thinking about the special today and if it was deliberate I have a idea of what they might have been trying to do.

It has been a while since I have seen it so my recollection may be a little fuzzy. It seemed to me that the special gave the most credence to the reports of flying triangles. During that segment they showed numerous credible witnesses including police officers and told of their accounts of events that happened in Pheonix and Illinois.

During the rest of the special Roswell, accounts of abductees, and other realitys of the UFO phenomenom were ridiculed.

I believe the craft seen on those nights was actually a secret military craft(I am sure others agree). This sets it up perfectly for the future when the government actually reveals that yes those folks were seeing something.
The govt. reveals the craft and again you have the perfect ridicule vehicle once again everyone laughs at those who thought they saw aliens.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
That special's purpose was to nationally debunk Roswell by providing about 1% of the data available on the case....imho.... By denouncing it as a "myth" by a respected (well once) journalist, it was certainly a powerful anti-ufo message. I'm sure Jennings will have a good laugh with his fellow Bilderburgers next week....

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
That special's purpose was to nationally debunk Roswell by providing about 1% of the data available on the case....imho.... By denouncing it as a "myth" by a respected (well once) journalist, it was certainly a powerful anti-ufo message. I'm sure Jennings will have a good laugh with his fellow Bilderburgers next week....

So that leads to the question, was the documentary somehow perpetrated or influenced by some portion of the shadow government that is in control of this stuff? If so, does that not represent their opinion on the issue of disclosure?

Or maybe Jennings was doing the shadow governments bidding and not knowing it?

It seems like we will need another Roswell to happen in the middle of New York City to have a "chance" of disclosure.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't feel that it was deliberate disinformation so much as it was watered down regurgitations of previous reports by similarly disinterested and uninteresting journalists.

Peter Jennings is poor journalist, and likewise so is his journalism. It was just a cheesy report, surrounded by a lot of hype and advertising so that people would tune in and watch. Most of the people I talked to about it that have interest in the subject he failed to tackle felt it was weak at best, and that there wasn't any information contained in the report that they hadn't heard before.

That report was just a gratuitous prime-time slot grab and nothing more.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
TV shows like that usually show up on Australian TV months or even years after being shown in the US. I did watch the whole show hoping for "something new", alas it was not to be!

I was very surprised to see at the end credits that the special was made in 2005. I found this quite interesting. Why was this ridiculous "debunking" rushed to our TV screens?

top topics

join