It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C.I.A. Packing Up And Moving House (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
At an estimated cost of 20 million dollars, the C.I.A. is relocating the headquarters of the domestic division to Denver in Colorado from it's current base in Langley. The move is apparently designed to promote innovation and is being undertaken for operational reasons. Intelligence officials have said the move comes in light of C.I.A. director Porter Goss desiring to set up more front corporations and to operate under cover. Goss also wishes to stop the growth of C.I.A. headquarters and the Langley based "Group Think".

news.yahoo.com
The main function of the domestic division, which has stations in many major U.S. cities, is to conduct voluntary debriefings of U.S. citizens who travel overseas for work or to visit relatives, and to recruit foreign students, diplomats and businesspeople to become CIA assets when they return to their countries. It was unclear how many CIA employees would relocate to Denver under the plan.

Although collecting information on U.S. citizens under suspicion for terrorist links is primarily an
FBI function, the CIA may also collect information on citizens under limited circumstances, according to a 1981 executive order. The exact guidelines for those operations are spelled out in a classified document signed by the CIA director and approved by the attorney general.

The Denver move, which is tentatively scheduled for next year but has not been finalized, coincides with several other developments related to the CIA's domestic intelligence work.

Both the CIA and FBI are trying to deepen their outreach to U.S. research and academic institutions and to private subcontractors working on major government contracts

It is unclear how a move to Denver would increase the effectiveness of the domestic division's operations, said several former intelligence officials.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Colorado became an intelligence hub after sept 11 and the Denver suburb of Aurora is the little known home of Aerospace Data Facility at Buckley Air Force Base. The data facility has become the major technical downlink for satellites operated by the military, NSA and NRO according to the author of "code Names" William Arkin.

70 miles from Denver is the base of the U.S Northern Command at Petersen Air Force Base which has been increasing it's domestic intelligence work with it's current task of homeland defense.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Mayet]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This alone should be enough to show that something just is'nt right with the world as we know it. Too many things happening with Colorado these days. Could it be that such a cooler area could handle nukes better?

new topics

join