It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philosopher's Stone (not "Harry Potter")

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is nothing what so ever to do with the "Harry Potter" book, film etc etc.

I was doing a research of my own into the philosopher's stone for personal reason's and have only come up with the basic result, and was hoping someone out there would be able to help me out with any other site's or links they might have or know of?

This is what I do know how ever:

Originally the philosophers stone was believed to be the chemical that changed base metals into gold or silver, often it was termed the Power of Projection.

"It was first mentioned by Zosimos the Theban (c.250-300) in the third century. Throughout the generations the philosophers stone has taken on an immense range of powers; not only has it been called the secret of life and health, but also possessing spiritual significance. The notion of its spiritual qualities expanded until in the thirteenth century a program evolved that led the alchemist through a strict devotional ritual and purification. After completing this ceremony he was thought worthy to perform his activities.

Eventually the philosopher's stone was thought to signify the force behind the evolution of life and the universal binding power which unties minds and souls in a human oness.. It also represented the purity and sanctity of the highest realm of pure thought and altruistic existence."

So if anyone can help me out with this, one of the things I'm interested in, is whether it really does exist? and if so what happened it to?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Blackwidow,
I don't think there is an actual Philosophers Stone.
I did quite a long 'google' on it and in other various forms and came up with nil.
I think the Philosophers Stone more symbolism than it is actual.

I did find this site, that kind of explained it in a simple form. I hope it helps to explain what I am implying:

www.crystalinks.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Alchemists sought forever to find the substance...

Actually, I believe that they even mentioned the lead into gold property, in the movie, as well as then adapting it for further uses (i.e. making the longevity potions...). It is well known in folklore, but as something that is sought, not something that exists....

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thank you for the link it has help a bit.

I also did google, yahoo, msn search's and even looked it up in the bible, I know, mad, but never mind!

will keep looking though!

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I have this whole book in pdf format, but I can't remember where I got it from or when. But it's about Alchemy and the Philosopher's stone. Here is the title of the book, hopefully it will help ya out.

The Alchemy Key: The Mystical Provenance of the Philosophers' Stone
by Stuart Nettleton

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 03:55 AM
link   
mOjOm

Thanks, will try and get hold of it from the library (even better if I can get it down town)

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I believe some have even associated monoatomic gold with the philosophers stone.

ANOTHER VIEW FROM THE CARGO BAY

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
www.ormus.ws...

Here is the site where the book can be downloaded in pdf format. You can probably also lean more about it here..

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
mOjOm

Thank you yet again!

I did down load it straight away and have started to read it as well.

Hopefully, it will help me out alot.

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I've read a lot about alchemy and of course, have see lots of stuff about the philosopher stone. I'll go with Gazrok on this, I think it's just a legend, like the holy grail...

top topics

join