It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worlds only modern amphibious tank

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Those tanks could be of some use if they're not used with a tank rush strategy which they probably won't be. I don't think they will be deployed until the PLAN can break a hole in the Taiwanese navy blockade, defend against air attackers with the air defence destroyers and fighters, clear out the mines with the mine sweepers, and pound the hell out of the beaches with missiles, bombs, etc. I think the main point of having them is so that they can be deployed away from shore to keep the landing ships safe from potential beach based ambushes. Other than that they're just a normal tank landing party just like every other tank landing party. Tank rush? Nah...

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
My suggestion earlier was that Taiwan built a coastal "net"... this would provide enough of a hazard to make things difficult for any landing force.

Similar techniques were used in WWII to keep submarines at bay.

It won't stop the chinese... they will find a way around, but it will complicate matters. Every little helps if you are scratching for time.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
How can anyone think of tank boats when those hideous buttons are up there?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Aesthetics has never been a strong point of this website

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
How can anyone think of tank boats when those hideous buttons are up there?

I think there quite good, thank god they moved the logout button.....that annoyed me due to its size..

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siroos
China is the super power of the future and we will see a lot of positive things happening there in the next decade which will have a great impact on the whole world. China will be the leading power of the so called new emerging "Silk Road World Powers" (China, Iran, India)

I have to agree with ya just look at India they have there own warfare schools, even war colleges. Well some of that stuff they learned due to when Britain use to occupy the country, but either way that shows their military is really developing.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
China is the super power of the future and we will see a lot of positive things happening there in the next decade which will have a great impact on the whole world. China will be the leading power of the so called new emerging "Silk Road World Powers" (China, Iran, India) posted by Sooris

I disagree. Hey I'm indian but the fact is we still have a lot of poverty. 25 %. As for China, they are always going to be years behind the good ol' USA when it comes to military tech. They have come a long way but they still got plenty more to go. As for Iran there will be no innovation like India or China because its economy aint boomin'.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by benedict arnold

I disagree. Hey I'm indian but the fact is we still have a lot of poverty. 25 %. As for China, they are always going to be years behind the good ol' USA when it comes to military tech. They have come a long way but they still got plenty more to go. As for Iran there will be no innovation like India or China because its economy aint boomin'.

hello mr i am also indian.can you explain what is this connection between povert and army expertise and there training centre.

in my opnion yopu unnesscerily mentioning the poverty figure here.what is you want figure out with this post

next time keep your post on the topic.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Digital Connectivity: A flat panel display used by the commander of an Al Khalid tank. The Pakistan Army is just beginning to develop digital imagery communication gear for its armored forces.
Photo: RD Fisher

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
They want to swim with tanks on anything bigger than lake on river? Remember what happened to Sherman DD's in Normandy? Bad weather and high waves can be as dangerous to amphibious tanks in water as anti tank missiles.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adam_S
They want to swim with tanks on anything bigger than lake on river? Remember what happened to Sherman DD's in Normandy? Bad weather and high waves can be as dangerous to amphibious tanks in water as anti tank missiles.

Yes, releasing them a mile+ from the coast also doesnt help....that was the main reason british tanks survived and american ones didnt.

M6D

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
calm down guys..this could lead to a big argument on how the US fu**ed up on D-day....

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
calm down guys..this could lead to a big argument on how the US fu**ed up on D-day....

fu**ed up? are u sure? if i remember my history, we won on D-Day with the rest of the Allies, and concluded the end of Nazi Germany.

M6D

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
okay, lets put it this way, losing as many men as you did on omaha beach...thats what i call #ing up, losing the majority of your tanks on omaha beach, thats what i call #ing up, missing the beach with the rocket boats, thats what i call #ing up, and finally, not hitting the bunkers with the arty barrage? i think that all in all concludes someone F**ked up brillianty

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join