It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any notable hauntings in Arkansas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section)

I'm heading out to Arkansas in June (in the LittleRock area) with a couple of buddies, and we figured we'd spend a few days on a ghost hunt.

Can anyone recommend any places / hauntings worth looking into?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I see a reply from the resident Hillbilly Biker in your future.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Amuk]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I see a reply from the resident Hillbilly Biker in your future.

Intrepid is Psychic

This isn't in the Little Rock Area but is a GREAT place for sightings

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Crescent Motel was the site of our latest outing and the results were better then usual.

I will post again with some Little Rock sites after I rest from our trip.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Amuk]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Little Rock - Old State House - thought to be haunted by various politicians.

Little Rock - Quapaw Quarter - This is Little Rock's historic district. 100's of homes built from the 1830's thru 1900, many which have ghosts. Ghostly pedestrians, carriages, and horses have been heard and seen on streets and roadways.

Little Rock - Quapaw Quarter - Macarthur Park - This area was a military training ground starting in the 1830's. The Old Arsenal Building (built 1830?s) has ghosts that are seen in its basement and standing upon its staircase. Site of a Civil War conflict, and a 16 year old boy was hung there by Federal troops in 1864.

Little Rock - Quapaw Quarter - Mount Holly Cemetery - Burials dating back to the 1820's. Large Cemetery. Graves of 6 Confederate generals, as well as the wife of Cherokee chief John Ross. Statues have apparently been seen moving; some are repeatedly found in various areas of the neighborhood as if they "just wandered there." Many people were reburied there in the 1800's. Ghostly flute playing is heard as well as apparitions. Many graves have trinkets placed upon them.

Little Rock - Vino's - There are things that happen without explanation. Like after closing time, when all the chairs are put up after people leave, a person can come back into the building and the chairs are back down. There are strange sounds coming from different areas of the building. And, cold spots throughout the club and pizza restaurant.

Little Rock - Woodson Ladural Road - Legend says that if you go down Woodson Ladural Road, you will see a motorcycle headed your way. All you can see is the headlight, but you can hear the sound of a motorcycle. The light will approach rapidly, then quickly disappear. The driver is believed to be a young man who was hit by a car load of drunk drivers and left to die. People claim he is back seeking revenge.

www.theshadowlands.net...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
many thanks fortean - we'll check em out

Amuk, I think that's a little out of our way (well as plans go at the moment it is).

However I've been told about a place called Clearwater Lake out that way that was the site of a double murder (supposedly in the early 70s) and is now haunted as a result (to the point that my buddy's wife won't go near the place).

Have any of you heard of this site at all?

[EDIT]
I did try googling this but came up dry.

[edit on 8/5/2005 by Nocturne]

new topics

top topics

join