It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a world war now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What is happening with the world? Are we at war with each other? Do Europeans, Africans, Asians, Americans, and Australians all hate each other and want to see the other suffer? Whats going on? You can see this all; just on this website...forget the news...forget the politics....listen to each other.

We hate each other.....we hate our governments....we hate our buisnesses....
what do we like? Do we love? Can we not be at war? Think of a time when we were not at war as humans.....do we have one?

I dont think so...The world is a terrible place lately, the worst mankind has witnessed in decades. Terrorism infects the planet and fingers pointing in every direction with blame. Why? because man needs war to survive, at least it seems. Mankind is on edge ready for something, from tv shows talking about the end, to countries ready to set off their first nuclear weapon. We have mass genocides and goverments being thrown out to average citizens guarding their borders. Whats up world? is it going to get worse? I want to know? Can my child grow up in a world without war or is it a dream?

I have friends from many countries, In my buisness I get to meet peolpe from all different cultures and we get along great. We talk about all differnt issues and have all different views but still at the end of the day we are friends. The world can learn alot from just average individuals, and I hope this happens one day. So people lets stop and think about it, does this world need another world war and can we stop it? The choice is yours.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The worst the world has seen in decades?

I think we are about on an average.

Last decade you had Serbia/Montenegro and Africa.

The decade before that you had Britain and Argentina. Iran-Iraq.

The decade before that you had US - Vietnam. Israel - Egypt.

The decade before that you had US - Korea. Israel - Egypt and friends.

The decade before that you had WWII.

The decade before that you had WWI.

The decade before that you had the US Civil war.

The decade before that you had the US - Britain war.

You can go back forever and there has been the same amount of conflict.

I am not expert though that is just what I understand about the History of the World.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211

Whats up world? is it going to get worse? I want to know? Can my child grow up in a world without war or is it a dream?

So people lets stop and think about it, does this world need another world war and can we stop it? The choice is yours.

looking back at the historical record like Obfuscate suggests
would/might reveal that wars & peace fluctuate like a wave over time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.......future->

some people make a living by seeing the patterns

my guess is there will always be some war-conflict-lives lost event
the best you can do is Adapt your life to distance yourself and family from
becoming enmeshed in the madness, if you become an unavoidable or accidental participant
...use your wits to survive.

ahem,
at this time, we in the USA are being led, as it all escalates,
into a total involvement undertaking, called a 'Global War on Terror'..

?can i/you/we stop it?
Answer: see "the best you can do is Adapt..." sentence in the above meme

hey, live long & prosper....

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
St Udio,

Also looking back as Obfuscate's historical record puts it we have

1) the Korean War in the 1960's when it was actually in the 1950s
2) the Second World War in the 1950s as opposed to the 1940s as it was
3) the First World War in the 1940s as opposed to the 1910s

and so on.

As he says himself "I am not expert though that is just what I understand about the History of the World"

With understanding this far out of whack why should anything else he says be worthy of even the slightest glance.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"We are at War with Eastasia, We have always been at war with Eastasia... Oceania is in alliance with Eurasia..."

"Things are only as (-Adjective-) as people think they are."
-Twitchy

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
St Udio,

Also looking back as Obfuscate's historical record puts it we have

1) the Korean War in the 1960's when it was actually in the 1950s
2) the Second World War in the 1950s as opposed to the 1940s as it was
3) the First World War in the 1940s as opposed to the 1910s

and so on.

As he says himself "I am not expert though that is just what I understand about the History of the World"

With understanding this far out of whack why should anything else he says be worthy of even the slightest glance.

Cheers

BHR

Sorry I should of put a disclaimer that it wasnt accurate, it was just generally accurate.

Example, the US Civil War and the US War with Britain wasnt fought in the 1890's. It was fought much earlier. But in other parts of the world there were wars, I was just way too lazy to look it up.

join